British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Plymouth Remain Open!

What a terrible shame for Plymouth and their loyal fans. I'm sure it won't take too long for the negative ones to come on here rubbing their hands with glee.

Easy for me to say, but Plymouth had such a great little set up, terrific racing track, a huge cattachment of support. Gagging for the right person to come in and ensure sustainable entertainment.

• Like 1

Riders turn up for nothing ? tell you what, your just the chap I'm looking for, ill pay your traveling expenses, take a week off work, 3 cars on the drive you can valet & when you have done that just cut the grass back & front!

What has me cleaning cars and cutting grass got to do with it? I've never claimed I do them things for the fans like riders claim they ride "for the fans" - yet amazingly when it comes to it, they never do!

This is very sad news. I really feel for Plymouth and their fans. 😕 It's really sad to lose another team, esp suddenly.

What has me cleaning cars and cutting grass got to do with it? I've never claimed I do them things for the fans like riders claim they ride "for the fans" - yet amazingly when it comes to it, they never do!

shut up

shut up

Why don't you piss off if you don't like it?

Edited by SCB

Why don't you piss off if you don't like it?

Hahaha, nobody want's your stupid invalid opinion on riders riding for free right now, create your own thread if you're so bothered about expressing it, but not here, going to miss Plymouth a hell of a lot, had a lot of friends through speedway from down there and was my favourite track to visit as a Berwick fan, would probably even class it as my second team

Hahaha, nobody want's your stupid invalid opinion on riders riding for free right now, create your own thread if you're so bothered about expressing it, but not here, going to miss Plymouth a hell of a lot, had a lot of friends through speedway from down there and was my favourite track to visit as a Berwick fan, would probably even class it as my second team

Here is the perfect place to say it. This proves the point. Some of us have tried to explain it to the happy clappers on here the riders, like the rest of us are human and thus ride for the money. They don't "do it for the fans". If they "did it for the fans" Plymouth wouldn't be closing down.

Anyway, sorry for the last post. I thought I was a speedway rider or promoter chatting to a fan there for a second and telling people not to bother attending.

Best man to save Plymouth would be Chris Dawson (CDS & The Range) Nothing much wrong with the Plymouth team or the track..........Huge crowd potential on the doorstep.... only needs good sales & media people to sell the product.

I have been in business for many years & can see NO REASON why Plymouth could pull crowds of 2 to 3 thousand every week.

Next best man MIGHT be Matt Ford???? but no Mike Bowden PLEASE!

• Like 2

Last year before the Spring Classic I contacted Brian Cave at the club and suggested that they invite people to sponsor an individual rider's race jacket for £25 to help raise money for the club. They could meet the rider before the meeting, have their photo taken with them and at the end of the meeting collect the signed race jacket. They decided to go ahead with this but then the meeting was postponed due to weather. This year I contacted Brian Cave to ask if they were going to re-run the race jacket sponsorship and was told yes. I didn't see any publicity for this and, if I hadn't asked the question, wouldn't have known about it. When I arrived on Friday it appeared that this hadn't been mentioned to the riders and the whole thing was badly organised. For the club to survive they need to have professionally minded and organised people in key positions.

This has come as a shock to me and I will miss my Friday evenings at the SBA and the friends I have made there. Hopefully we can find someone to rescue the club and all of the riders can either return under a new promotion or find new clubs for their services as they have been deceived by the club's intentions.

Fingers crossed...

Here is the perfect place to say it. This proves the point. Some of us have tried to explain it to the happy clappers on here the riders, like the rest of us are human and thus ride for the money. They don't "do it for the fans". If they "did it for the fans" Plymouth wouldn't be closing down.

Anyway, sorry for the last post. I thought I was a speedway rider or promoter chatting to a fan there for a second and telling people not to bother attending.

It's a stupid assessment in my opinion, if you was a builder and the company that you worked for was struggling financially but your mate was the owner of the company would you work for free for him or would you go elsewhere so that ypu can get payed so you can pay your bills, how is a speedway rider meant to maintain 2 bikes and a family if they are working for free? please explain because I simply don't understand where you are coming from with this
  • Like 2

Hope for the best result and a survival package is found.

Good track and entertaining racing... Sad if it goes.

Hope for the best result and a survival package is found.

Good track and entertaining racing... Sad if it goes.

Lets hope so, but no Bowden, family and friends. :nono:

• Like 1

Is there more to this than meets the eye? I wonder why they've knocked it on the head when Somerset are due in town who must surely bring the biggest amount of travelling fans to Plymouth.

Basing figures on an open meeting with a poor line up is nothing short of stupid. Barely anybody is interested in these meetings.

• Like 8

Is there more to this than meets the eye? I wonder why they've knocked it on the head when Somerset are due in town who must surely bring the biggest amount of travelling fans to Plymouth.

Basing figures on an open meeting with a poor line up is nothing short of stupid. Barely anybody is interested in these meetings.

Something dodgy about the timing of closure!Imo
  • Like 1