British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
boz

Redcar V Newcastle - Thursday 31st March (challenge)

It does seem that Newcastle (and some other clubs) will face a significant number of this season's matches with riders missing.

This is a result of these promotions choosing to staff the side with some riders who will have over-riding other-league commitments, and is perhaps likely to affect the overall performance of what are on paper very good-looking squads.

The authorities' slipping-in of the regulation authorising guests instead of plain r/r for otherwise-engaged British riders has encouraged PL clubs to create a monster for themselves and their fans, with some looking as though their teams will be staffed by a revolving-door policy of guests.

Too much priority has been given to EL clubs by these rulings, with the PL once again being totally-screwed by the 'big league'.

Still to step away, run their own affairs, divorced from the EL overlords?

I can't see how the PL is being screwed by the EL. Newcastle chose to borrow several riders from EL clubs. Surely they have screwed themselves.

• Like 2

I still think the rule should be adjusted, so that if the rider belongs to the EL club he is riding for, then that EL club has priority. If he belongs to another EL club, rather than the one he's currently riding for, then the PL team should get priority.

The EL want it both ways, that's what is 'screwing' the PL.

• Like 4

The PL for years took priority though so can see the els POV even if it is a pain.

I still think the rule should be adjusted, so that if the rider belongs to the EL club he is riding for, then that EL club has priority. If he belongs to another EL club, rather than the one he's currently riding for, then the PL team should get priority.

The EL want it both ways, that's what is 'screwing' the PL.

How do the PL want it both ways? It's simple, owned by EL club then ride EL. Owned by PL club then ride PL. What you want is for the PL to have it both ways.

Going very well for 8 heats before the monsoon began...

Ooops! My mistake (how do you cancel a whole post?)

You don't!!

Not sure if that was an impressive Newcastle performance or poor Bears performance. Probably a little bit of both.

Was expecting slightly better after last weeks decent showing, but back to earth with a bump! Bjerre looked excellent, but not too much else to shout about really.

Lindgren and Kus looked a very strong pair for Newcastle, Pijper again had his usual strong MPA performance and Danny Phillips had a cracking first couple of rides. On that showing, could be a mauling on Sunday.

Easy lead for Newcastle after 8 heats, even with 3 guests and rider replacement being used. Will be an easy win on Sunday if we perform like this. Hopefully this meeting will be re-scheduled later in the season. Disappointing it started raining, the British weather can't always help us.

All 6 done well for us, meaning that the 3 'real' Diamonds were on form, supported by strong guest performances. Danny was impressive and the Lindgren/Kus pairing looked formidable.

Redcar fans were lucky the rain came. That was going to be an embarressment on a huge scale. A victory for the Bears last week against a depleted and injury hit Berwick team certainly papered over the cracks. Bjerre apart, Redcar were shocking in every department. I paid my money and watched Bukhave and Payne freewheel around corners because they had absolutely no idea what racing line to take. I watched Skidmore on a bike that looks as though it lacks so much power. On this early showing Redcar's season will be over by end of August. On a contrary note, Newcastle looked strong, yes they had 3 guests but it probably wont be the last time this season that happens so their fans better get used to being known as the Premier League Select. Think Mr Havelock and the brothers have some serious thinking to do regarding the team they have put out for 2016.

Edited by vivabossman
  • Like 1

Redcar fans were lucky the rain came. That was going to be an embarressment on a huge scale. A victory for the Bears last week against a depleted and injury hit Berwick team certainly papered over the cracks. Bjerre apart, Redcar were shocking in every department. I paid my money and watched Bukhave and Payne freewheel around corners because they had absolutely no idea what racing line to take. I watched Skidmore on a bike that looks as though it lacks so much power. On this early showing Redcar's season will be over by end of August. On a contrary note, Newcastle looked strong, yes they had 3 guests but it probably wont be the last time this season that happens so their fans better get used to being known as the Premier League Select. Think Mr Havelock and the brothers have some serious thinking to do regarding the team they have put out for 2016.

Our season not to be over until August - I'll take that now!!! :party:

• Like 2

I fully agree with your comments, speedway is a mess. This isn't a go at Newcastle, it's about the sport of speedway, the sport I've loved and supported for many, many years. Speedway is fast loosing it's appeal for me, I'm at the crossroads, do I go on supporting it, or do I call it a day? To be honest I attend more because of the banter with the lads, more than the actual racing. And to be honest, the prospect of going into the second meeting of the season with only three of the team line up - well says it all doesn't it. Your team is your team, and you support them through thick and thin, that's how you build up loyalty. Not some hoch pot of riders thrown together to make up the numbers - and this could be a regular thing so I'm led to believe!

"The Makem"

Im sure there are plenty of fans with the same thoughts.

Bears fans have known from the start we were very weak , both reserves are poor , Bukhave is a novice at this level, Bellego inconsistent. We will be on the end of 60 + on Sunday

Havelock basically said on the news that he built the team on the cheap and it's showing