British Speedway Forum

So why come on here when he knows exactly what's going on but saying he hasn't been in touch with his Mum and Dad for 2 years? All a bit odd .....

Is it any of our business to know what`s going on within the Chapman family, young JC by his own admission is a fan now so his opinions on here are as valid or invalid as anyone else's.

• Like 4

Maybe there has been a family fall out. It does happen with Family's. JC did disappear rather quickly from the Speedway and Football clubs.

Maybe JC will confirm it or otherwise for you Trees.

I hope if Sky pull out of Elite League Speedway that without that income Clubs are going to be able to survive. It can't fall on the poor loyal fans to make up any shortfall.

Maybe there has been a family fall out. It does happen with Family's. JC did disappear rather quickly from the Speedway and Football clubs.

I hope if Sky pull out of Elite League Speedway that without that income Clubs are going to be able to survive. It can't fall on the poor loyal fans to make up any shortfall.

If sky have signed a five year contract then surely they have to honour it, they cannot just pull the plug and not compensate clubs. I don't think clubs can put up admission prices any higher that they already are..

So why come on here when he knows exactly what's going on but saying he hasn't been in touch with his Mum and Dad for 2 years? All a bit odd .....

The only thing that seems a bit odd is the fact you can not grasp the situation!

Think i and the rest of the forum will move on whilst you continue to wrestle with it and ignore the obvious.

• Like 6

Contacts can have get out clauses if one party doesn't fulfil certain obligations, as an example. If Sky walked would the BSPA have the courage let alone the money to take Rupert on ? Would take a brave man.

I'm still convinced there is more to this than we have been told. JCs theory about one or other party wanting out is a reasonable enough theory and would also account for the very careful language being used by both clubs.

Coming fast on the heels of the periscope diktat and the lack of excited tweets from Peatson & Tatum about thei travels it makes a perfect conspiracy theory.

Might pass the time left free tomorrow evening trying to work it all out got nothing to watch on the box after all

According to the Sky website and the King's Lynn website the whole meeting has been cancelled, not just Sky's coverage, so it does not look that this is Sky's doing at all, little they can do about that

Kings Lyn Stars v Coventry Bee’s – Postponed

Written by starsadmin and posted on April 3, 2016

Tomorrows meeting (Monday 4th April) Kings Lynn Stars v Coventry Bee’s has been postponed. we shall have further updates regarding a rearranged date in due course.

From Sky's site

The Elite League fixture between King's Lynn Stars and Coventry Bees has been postponed due to the predicted weather forecast.

The Stars were due to host the Bees on Monday night, live on Sky Sports, but organisers decided to call off the meeting because of expected heavy rainfall at Adrian Flux Arena.

Something very odd going on here, even if Sky refused to cover the meeting it would hardly stop the meeting going ahead as planned

Edited by mike1944

Whatever the rights and wrongs about this situation the fact is speedway is not going out to a tv audience tomorrow night.

Unfortunately it isnt just me who has dissapeared from both clubs, some may have noticed my grandfather (the son of maurice Littlechild) and grandmother who worked in the pit stop cafe and walks cafe have not been seen recently either.... still doesnt stop me being passionate about the club and wanting the best for it.

• Like 1

Things not going to well on Busters watch as Chairman. It seems there is something falling apart every week. JC give the old fellow a ring and tell him where is going wrong and point him in the right direction 😀

This is speedway. Most things that go on within the sport are odd.

Or at the very least have nothing more than (at the very best) a 'nodding acquaintance' when put up against professionally administered and led sports....

• Like 1

Things not going to well on Busters watch as Chairman. It seems there is something falling apart every week. JC give the old fellow a ring and tell him where is going wrong and point him in the right direction 😀

Believe it or not Semion that is now what i do for a living in organsitations of many different shapes and sizes. The one thing they all have in common though is that they would have reached out to me for help and are receptive to feedback and want to implement my recommendations... I hope you can therefore see where the problem would lay with this one 😀

Edited by jchapman
  • Like 1

If sky have signed a five year contract then surely they have to honour it, they cannot just pull the plug and not compensate clubs. I don't think clubs can put up admission prices any higher that they already are..

Like the BBC and F1 this year? The compensation could be peanuts.

It seems odd that Lynn have postponed this meeting AFTER Sky decided not to show due to the weather. Maybe as simple as not wanting to run on a Monday if they're not forced to by Sky?!