British Speedway Forum

They complain that it costs them money if it's rained off, they have a bloody cheek as they have already had our money - do we get a refund when it's rained off?

Yes they've set up for nothing but so what?! We have paid then to do it!

I have to ask, does speedway need sky TV ?

I think the finances help a lot of clubs! A bit of coverage for potential new fans can never harm too!

Pretty sure someone at Sky has a mobile phone number for someone at Coventry.

Coventrys media guy was commentating on the pairs anyway even if Coventry had already been contacted.

All a bit strange ..got to be more than just missing this match after last week as well.....maybe a dispute over money between the clubs and sky ?

I think the finances help a lot of clubs! A bit of coverage for potential new fans can never harm too!

Didnt help Coventry last year. Sky insist on 48 hour notice whether the meeting is likely to go ahead or not. Coventry tried to postpone the Cov v Poole fiasco last season on the morning of the meeting but wasn't allowed as it was on Sky.

So yet again absolutely 0 information coming from Kings Lynn an absolute joke thought given to the paying public- but I guess they expect we will turn up for the next meeting.

A certain gent seems to have left the club so it may change fella :wink:

Hopefully Neil Watson can give an update.

He hinted on Facebook that there is nothing decided yet.

Will this meeting now be switched to the Stars proper race night Thursday?

Hopefully Neil Watson can give an update.

He hinted on Facebook that there is nothing decided yet.

Probably why neither club have said anything official :wink:

or Buster is calming down before saying anything :P

Edited by Star Lady

'A lot of people'

Not really, the amount of people who have sky subscriptions solely because of the speedway isn't probably 1% of the PL football fan base and probably isn't even 10% of the cricket fan base.

If you say so know all.

• Like 1

Are the Stock Cars on , on Sat night ? Is this the possible reason for calling it off , if the weather was bad would the track be ready in time ?

Think you may be seeing a lot of BV and Poole this year...

BV now (hopefully) the track is sorted will have track covers and the South coast climate is usually conducive to Poole getting matches on...

Seems its a save money at all costs policy from Sky...

Those Premier League Football costs need paying for and certainly don't come cheap..

Especially when loads of naughty people are on Kodi and not paying for it!!

I do think on balance we do need Sky. I for one came back to the sport after a big gap after my interest was awakened by watching on Sky. If we didn't have Sky, we would have no media presence at all, which would be harmful. Who would go to see a sport that is so obscure that no one has heard of it? For at least the trailers for the season and matches give exposure to the sport, making it easier for someone to give it a try.

However it does seem ultra cautious on their behalf cancelling their third match of the season! Although I understand why they put back the Belle Vue match and the Wolves match was rained off.