British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Islander15

British U21 Semi (kent) 4/4

It's the British U21 Semi at Kent tomorrow and the top 10 qualify for the final at Sheffield.

Line-up:
1. Kelsey Dugard (Isle of Wight)
2. Luke Ruddick (Mildenhall)
3. Jack Kingston (Cradley)
4. Ellis Perks (Plymouth/Eastbourne)
5. Connor Mountain (Mildenhall)
6. Nathan Greaves (Sheffield/Kings Lynn)
7. Danyon Hume (Birmingham)
8. Jack Parkinson-Blackburn (Birmingham)
9. Danny Phillips (Newcastle/Stoke)
10. Jack Smith (Birmingham)
11. James Shanes (Kent)
12. Alfie Bowtell (Mildenhall)
13. Danno Verge (Kent)
14. Liam Carr (Berwick/Coventry)
15. Josh Bailey (Scunthorpe/Kings Lynn)
16. Ryan Kinsley (Kings Lynn)

Edited by Islander15

Obviously backing Perks and Kelsey on this one I think Hume and Shanes will do well also....

It's the British U21 Semi at Kent tomorrow and the top 16 qualify for the final at Sheffield.

Line-up:

1. Kelsey Dugard (Isle of Wight)

2. Luke Ruddick (Mildenhall)

3. Jack Kingston (Cradley)

4. Ellis Perks (Plymouth/Eastbourne)

5. Connor Mountain (Mildenhall)

6. Nathan Greaves (Sheffield/Kings Lynn)

7. Danyon Hume (Birmingham)

8. Jack Parkinson-Blackburn (Birmingham)

9. Danny Phillips (Newcastle/Stoke)

10. Jack Smith (Birmingham)

11. James Shanes (Kent)

12. Alfie Bowtell (Mildenhall)

13. Danno Verge (Kent)

14. Liam Carr (Berwick/Coventry)

15. Josh Bailey (Scunthorpe/Kings Lynn)

16. Ryan Kinsley (Kings Lynn)

Not much point running the semi then ;)

• Like 1

Looks a very competitive field, tried to identify the six weakest riders in that line-up and it's near enough impossible to do so. If I had to stick my head on the block I'd say Dugard, Ruddick, Kingston, Kinsley, Verge and one other will miss out.

Good luck to Liam Carr in this meeting, he should be able to secure a top ten place with a bit of luck.

• Like 1

Good luck to Liam Carr in this meeting, he should be able to secure a top ten place with a bit of luck.

This will be a good test for Liam ,there are a few really young ones in the line up.

This will be a good test for Liam ,there are a few really young ones in the line up.

Carr should be well capable of getting a top ten place, but I think it would do Liam`s confidence the World of good if he can get a place on the rostrum.

Carr should be well capable of getting a top ten place, but I think it would do Liam`s confidence the World of good if he can get a place on the rostrum.

Should be top 5 at least.

Liam Carr was unlucky and only finished a couple races, Shanes was untouchable all night and about 1/4 lap quicker than anyone else, Danno Verge done well to win his last race to qualify, Perks and Greaves done enough without really having to do much, rider of the night for me (apart from Shanes) was Josh Bailey, seen him a few times but looking really quick. not sure what was up with Jack Kingston but for me was the disappointment of the night

pretty crap night of racing tbh with most of the passing coming from mistakes, but a fairly quick flowing meeting heat 15 aside

• Like 1

Shanes was flying last night and well clear of the rest. For me the other top performer was Mountain closely followed by Bailey. Kinsley & Greaves also did well barring Greaves comedy exclusion & Jack Smith was very determined i was amazed he walked away from his horror crash.

For me Phillips didn't impress but did enough. Id have concerns if i had signed Ruddick or Dugard as both looked way off the pace and Kingston was slow and generally gave up after 3 laps.

Oh and a special mention for Danno who dug deep and pulled off a last race win to secure his final place after his centre green mishap.