British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Polish Horror Crash On Sunday-they Both Walked Away

am I correct in thinking ermolenko dropped a chain then, and was under power?

As far as I can recall he was on his second bike after being knocked off by Hans Nielsen and was frantically signaling to the ref just before the off. He was able to jump back on his number one bike for the second restart.

Fate was certainly smiling on him that day.

He deserves to get excluded even though his view was obscured as soon as he saw a slow/rider coasting he shouldve slowed down or laid it down to avoid him.

Years ago I remember reading about the much maligned Len Silver running training schools and that he wouldn't let you out on track racing until you could lay the bike down. I think they used to throw a large stuffed doll onto the track.

I have seen far lesser riders over the years be able to drop the bike on a sixpence.

Watch it again and especially the view from behind and think about just how long he had to slow down or lay it down. There is not a man alive or any past rider who could've done either, you could put brakes on the bike and he wouldn't have had time to touch them. There are times you can lay a bike down quickly but you have to know it needs doing, he had probably less than half a second between seeing Dudek and hitting him.

You don't get to Kildemands level without having laid a bike down to avoid accidents dozens of times and while it might be a good idea to demonstrate willingness to do so when starting out once any rider has got to PL standard or above he's going to be a lot better than somebody who did it once when waiting for the hanky to be waved.

Jesus thats as clear cut a decision as youll ever see! Dudeks bike went, wasnt under power and kildemand had nowhere to go! Dudek has to be excluded from that, anyone suggesting otherwise needs their heads examined!

Obviously no malice intended from either rider. But dudek is at fault

How on earth did they both walk away from that

• Like 3

Jesus thats as clear cut a decision as youll ever see! Dudeks bike went, wasnt under power and kildemand had nowhere to go! Dudek has to be excluded from that, anyone suggesting otherwise needs their heads examined!

Obviously no malice intended from either rider. But dudek is at fault

How on earth did they both walk away from that

Agree. First point and most important, they both walked away from an awful looking collision.

In my opinion PK's view of Dudek's retirement was hindered by KK & NKI as they crossed between 4th and 1st bend. Therefore naturally went for the outside, just as Dudek shut off and drifted wide. Unfortunate incident but to me Dudek's EF caused the stoppage.

Both as Dudek was not under power and unfortunately for Killer he caused the accident by hitting the unfortunate P Dudek

Both as Dudek was not under power and unfortunately for Killer he caused the accident by hitting the unfortunate P Dudek

Which is exactly the call that my friend with the FIM fleece would have made.

Completely and utterly disagree.

Seen such incidents numerous times and never have I seen the rider behind excluded. So you're saying when a rider's engine gives up the ghost, or they get a puncture and it causes them to slow dramatically, they're not the cause of any incident..

But, hey ho. I can see your point.

Ask Paul Hurry after he rode into the back of a slowing USA rider at the 1st relaunched SWC in Wroclaw in 2001. The Americans bike gave up on the back straight while leading (Billy Janniro), Paul rode into the back of him and was excluded from the race as the primary cause of the accident.

Billy came 2nd in the re-run

You learn something new everyday...Poland has different rules?

Does each country have different rules to each other then?

Can't get my head around that...can't think of any other recognised world sport that does this, i'm sure someone will tell me their is though.

Nothing to do with the topic thread but has anyone noticed that in Poland they don't use programmes like we do in UK. Watch the crowd next time on a polish meeting.

Can't get my head around that...can't think of any other recognised world sport that does this, i'm sure someone will tell me their is though.

Think most countries have different rules

But to answer,i think in football rules differ as well,so no big thing.Just this week the german paper was going on about an English rule that was different to the german one of punishing people who dive to gain an advantage

The central rules about discipline, bikes, tracks and racing conduct I would suspect are common across the sport internationally otherwise FIM meetings would be chaotic! It's when you turn to rules regarding the various leagues in terms of team composition and meeting formats that the major differences come in. There is no real need for a league match in Poland to run to the same formula as here or that teams be constructed in the same way.

In just the UK alone our three main leagues run to two different race formulae and the third tier does not have Tactical Rides. These are due to the individual needs of those leagues.

Differences in race formats and team composition rules are really not at the core of the sport's problems.