British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
nw42

Belle Vue V Leicester Friday 8th April.

This stinks. Is it something to do with Leicester?

Hope not as Swindon are due there on wed which should be on sky.

Edited by A ORLOV

Speedway is bizarre nowadays Lisa. I reckon all this BV nonsense is because I have sent them about 20 emails asking where my refund is from the opening night soap opera! They won't even reply to me. I am not important you see. None of us are! They want our money and then basically tell us to p*** off! The EL is finished I tell you.

don't think your that far out from the truth!

Hope not as Swindon are due there on monday to be on sky

Hope your armchair is comfortable as you might have a long wait.......until Wednesday actually. :P

• Like 1

Speedway is bizarre nowadays Lisa. I reckon all this BV nonsense is because I have sent them about 20 emails asking where my refund is from the opening night soap opera! They won't even reply to me. I am not important you see. None of us are! They want our money and then basically tell us to p*** off! The EL is finished I tell you.

'The end is nigh' !!

Hope your armchair is comfortable as you might have a long wait.......until Wednesday actually. :P

Thanks Gem, corrected, I go to the pub to watch it but mon night till wed in the pub is too long.

'The end is nigh' !!

We're all doomed!😱😱😱😱😱😱😱

Edited by PiratesPiratesPirates
  • Like 1

The rumour was going round Owlerton tonight that this meeting had been called off, I thought it was a p!sstake but obviously its not, The weather looks ok in Manchester tomorrow and the track is supposed to have the best drainage in speedway so what is going on???

Edited by Tigerite

Maybe it's out of belle Vues hands.

Are BV paying rent from day one (i.e. from the date of the "opening") or is it from when the first meeting takes place ? this constant delaying of getting on with it makes one wonder if all is well financially

• Like 1

Could Leicester be having problems and cant put a team out?

• Like 1

Could Leicester be having problems and cant put a team out?

That's never stopped them before. ;-)

• Like 3

If it was off due to Leicester, then surely BV would say It was at the request of Leicester. BV's reputation is in the gutter, why would they take the further bad press saying it was due to weather.

• Like 1

Well after the PC shambles and now this all the opportunities of showcasing the sport in the brand new stadium have been lost. You only get one chance to make a good first impression and immaterial of the circumstances the first impression is not a good one. After all the hard work trials and tribulations getting the new stadium what a great pity the season has got off to such a start. Our first home match now is nearly into May by which time I think any potential new fans who had their interest sparked would have lost interest. I fully intend going to Leicester tomorrow but if theres a slight hint of rain probably wont bother as its not worth the risk travelling following this sport nowadays if theres even a slight risk. Another thing I bought my ticket online for tonight and for Poole, I wont be doing that again.

Before the build even started on the new stadium I said the promotion have done a fantastic job getting the stadium to fruition but I doubt they actually have the professionalism to run it. I thought when entering the stadium for the PC meeting this is looking very positive perhaps I was wrong and we are going to start on the front foot and bring in a new level pf professionalism that has long been missing from this club. Now im sad to say im feeling like my initial thoughts could be right.

Why do you need a reply they have already released all those details.

Are BV paying rent from day one (i.e. from the date of the "opening") or is it from when the first meeting takes place ? this constant delaying of getting on with it makes one wonder if all is well financially

They wont be paying the mortgage yet, as the track issues were down to the contracters, so until its passed the stadium wont be signed off, which means its still the councils responsibility.