British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Rye House V Peterborough Pl Saturday 16th April

Title contenders or wooden spoon contenders ☺

As much as I am pleased that your team is in existence still, I doubt that they will be Title contenders.

No we wont but surely if proctor had the choice of the panthers or scunny he would rather sign for a club thats going to be in with a chance of winning something

You can't really say Peter Karger has let you down,because he isn't very good and is getting a point or two and that is his level.Whoever went out and signed him has let you down.Karger has been around for quite a while and never done that good,so why someone thinks he is PL level is beyond me

Better way of putting it. After Maassen last season and Karger now, I can't wait for next season's duff import.

• Like 1

No we wont but surely if proctor had the choice of the panthers or scunny he would rather sign for a club thats going to be in with a chance of winning something

Would he? You know his mind that well do you? Time will tell of course. Plenty of points money to be earned with both teams. Maybe more at Scunthorpe? Who knows what sponsorship may have been lined up and whose recommendation Ty will have followed - him being an Australian and all that.

Better way of putting it. After Maassen last season and Karger now, I can't wait for next season's duff import.

Surely this promotion will not put up with poor performers like the last. Please do something now before it turns into another crap season.

Surely this promotion will not put up with poor performers like the last. Please do something now before it turns into another crap season.

Karger can't be dropped until he's reached his assessed 5 point average, and let's face it, that ain't happening. The rider in greatest danger is Kasper Lykke.

• Like 2

Rye teams especially at home have in the past been built on riders like Tommy Allen Rob Mear and even Luke Bowen

They would score way above their average and have the beating of most middle order opposition.

The current crop of Lykke Morley and Karger aren't going to be big scorers so it's shown as tonight where the points have been lost.

Peterborough will prosper until Grondal goes into the team.

Rye teams especially at home have in the past been built on riders like Tommy Allen Rob Mear and even Luke Bowen

They would score way above their average and have the beating of most middle order opposition.

The current crop of Lykke Morley and Karger aren't going to be big scorers so it's shown as tonight where the points have been lost.

Peterborough will prosper until Grondal goes into the team.

Once MPT gets going and Peterborough end their love affair with Simon Lambert they have the makings of a top 3 side. I think we did pretty well to keep the score so close tonight. Edited by Shads
  • Like 2

14 points out of 15 were scored in the first 5 heats tonight from gate 4, Kasper then has gate 4 and scores a blob, I really like all his effort but its just not gonna happen for him at Rye, for his sake he needs a track like Scunthorpe to succeed.

Not sure if I have ever seen Kennett try harder and his heats were worth the admission alone.

Well done Peterboro, worthy winners in a good nights racing. and doth your hat to NBJ I like EVERY Rye fan wish he was still on our side.

• Like 1

14 points out of 15 were scored in the first 5 heats tonight from gate 4, Kasper then has gate 4 and scores a blob, I really like all his effort but its just not gonna happen for him at Rye, for his sake he needs a track like Scunthorpe to succeed.

Not sure if I have ever seen Kennett try harder and his heats were worth the admission alone.

Well done Peterboro, worthy winners in a good nights racing. and doth your hat to NBJ I like EVERY Rye fan wish he was still on our side.

Let's face it, Kasper just can't gate and the evidence suggests he never will. At a track like Rye he's always gonna struggle.

Edward Kennett was superb. In heat 1 he was squeezed up to the fence by Ostergaard and had to shut off. I doubt you'll see a better couple of races than heats 10 & 13 at Rye this year

thought there was some decent racing tonight, when Kennett missed the gate he was certainly busting a gut to pass riders.

• Like 1

The track at rye this season has been a bit too slick for my liking, although the wet weather hasn't helped. Eddie kennett seems to be the only rocket able to pass on a regular basis, so a bit more dirt wouldn't go a miss. On the plus side I'd like to say well done to the new promotion in getting the last two home meetings on, despite the rain and the dodgy forecasts.

Don't go shovelling your rubbish in Scunthorpe's direction. It was obvious from his visit last year with a Danish touring team that Karger was not up to PL standard. You brought him in on an assessed average. You deal with it.