British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Reviresco

World Under 21 Championship 2016 - "live On Eurosport From Final Series 2"

Good meeting with some good races. Spoiled by the endless crashes and the track grading after every four heats. The crowd was no bigger than a Stars elite league meeting. It seems people are not interested in the under twenty ones . I convinced the wife to attend with me only her second meeting in three years. Due the finishing time it will be a long time before she goes again. Well done to Lambert on a good second place on the rostrum.

That was a late night. Enjoyed it if a bit stop start due to all the falls. Lambert was a brave man going off gate 4 in the final. as he didn't quite get across he had no options, another lap and he might have got win. Hope none of injuries too serious.

It's easy to sit at home and moan...

• Like 1

Sure we will see some T shirts at Cardiff ' I survived the World U21 at Kings Lynn '

That's brilliant! Would expect to see some wearing one at Cardiff now!!

How old are Lambert and pieszczek ?

For someone who was actually here, I can fully appreciate the issues of a long drawn out meeting. It would be difficult to apportion blame on a specific reason. Yes the track was very grippy, yes, the riders were riding above themselves, yes they wanted to perform in a world championship, but there can be no excuses for some of crashes that happened last night. Some were Kami-Karci manoeuvres

When sky are in town , they take control of the meeting, but last night the Polish Tele didn't appear to have that power.. They were there televising the event. So no blame can be put their way. The biggest culprit has to be the Referee. he never once showed any urgency or common sense. When he did press the 2min buzzer he got the biggest cheer of the night . Buster didn't help things along with his lengthy grade grades. The meeting needn't someone to push the proceedings along but sadly it didn't happen.

Robert Lambert, didn't win, but he, more than most, keep the poor crowd entertained. This meeting did the sport more harm than good.

Total Shambles.......

PS : 2 years back I criticised the Brandonapolis meeting for going on till 11pm, saying never again. But this was even worse....

Well having attended the meeting last night I can't agree with any of your comments. First you say the track was to grippy & then moan about Buster long track grades! Some excellent close racing & IMO pleased I made the journey

• Like 2

When sky are in town , they take control of the meeting, but last night the Polish Tele didn't appear to have that power.. They were there televising the event. So no blame can be put their way.

It wasn't Polish TV, just a video company. They don't carry the same 'clout' and in any case they had their own problems :wink:

Edited by rmc

Well having attended the meeting last night I can't agree with any of your comments. First you say the track was to grippy & then moan about Buster long track grades! Some excellent close racing & IMO pleased I made the journey

When a meeting takes as long as that did last night, then you look at all the reasons why. 4half hrs to run any meeting is rediculous. It started at 7.15 and come 8 oclock we'd only had 3 races. That in itself was alarming, but there was no urgency shown by anyone. 8.15, 4 heats gone, 19 to go, and Buster spends 10 mins on the tractor. Another hours passes, 9.15. we are only on ht 7. Lambert has been waiting 2 hrs for his second ride. 9.30. we've had 8 heats, Buster does another track grade. Instead of just one tractor, why not use 2 or three to push proceedings along. The referee was always reluctant to press that 2 mins buzzer, it was left to the pit manager to get the riders out for the next race. it was taking forever....

The ambulance delay in heat 12 was unfortunate, Hate to see people get hurt. The announcement that we were going to forgo the interval, but we had 12 mins of Buster track grading on his own instead. . Its way past 11 when the 20 heats had finished. then we had to endure the gate selection process. When the final race finished, the time was 11.39pm.

I'm so pleased you made the journey. Yes there were some good races, close races. and Lambert was supreme. Unfortunately he missed out on the final by a whisker, but he more than anybody else kept the local fans from going home. Standing 4half hrs watching 23 races that cost a premium is not my idea of good speedway. To put this into some sort of prospective, this meeting lasted as long as 3 football matches,

I bet there were more people pleased they didn't go last night, than those that did.......

It wasn't Polish TV, just a video company. They don't carry the same 'clout' and in any case they had their own problems :wink:

Just saying you couldn't put any blame on them for the slow progress.

Edited by GRW123

Any one spot what engines Lambert was using last night?

No but he's recently purchased B.A.R. motors so imagine it'll have been those

Any one spot what engines Lambert was using last night?

Was on GM, Riss used a GR for one ride

When a meeting takes as long as that did last night, then you look at all the reasons why. 4half hrs to run any meeting is rediculous. It started at 7.15 and come 8 oclock we'd only had 3 races. That in itself was alarming, but there was no urgency shown by anyone. 8.15, 4 heats gone, 19 to go, and Buster spends 10 mins on the tractor. Another hours passes, 9.15. we are only on ht 7. Lambert has been waiting 2 hrs for his second ride. 9.30. we've had 8 heats, Buster does another track grade. Instead of just one tractor, why not use 2 or three to push proceedings along. The referee was always reluctant to press that 2 mins buzzer, it was left to the pit manager to get the riders out for the next race. it was taking forever....

The ambulance delay in heat 12 was unfortunate, Hate to see people get hurt. The announcement that we were going to forgo the interval, but we had 12 mins of Buster track grading on his own instead. . Its way past 11 when the 20 heats had finished. then we had to endure the gate selection process. When the final race finished, the time was 11.39pm.

I'm so pleased you made the journey. Yes there were some good races, close races. and Lambert was supreme. Unfortunately he missed out on the final by a whisker, but he more than anybody else kept the local fans from going home. Standing 4half hrs watching 23 races that cost a premium is not my idea of good speedway. To put this into some sort of prospective, this meeting lasted as long as 3 football matches,

I bet there were more people pleased they didn't go last night, than those that did.......

no urgency ? Was you there last night ? Well if you was you'd have seen the riders out on the track long before the two minute warning buzzer .How can a meeting be speeded u

When riders are laying on the track - if you was ther I applaud you as many couldn't be arsed to go to a World Final right on the door step if I was Buster I'd think why should I bother wasting a Saturday night on speedway when I could be running Stock cars - I'd guess all those arm chair fans will be missing on Wednesday night also when sky will be there those quick to criticise wasn't even there last night

• Like 5

Racing started at 19.30 as stated not 19.15.There was just about an hour between Lamberts 1st and 2nd ride so was not waiting 2hrs for his 2nd.You are some way out with some of your timings on how many races had gone by certain times.You were pretty close with the finishing time though you was only a few minutes out with that one.

• Like 1

How old are Lambert and pieszczek ?

Lambert was 18 in April Pieszczek will be 21 in September

• Like 1

Racing started at 19.30 as stated not 19.15.There was just about an hour between Lamberts 1st and 2nd ride so was not waiting 2hrs for his 2nd.You are some way out with some of your timings on how many races had gone by certain times.You were pretty close with the finishing time though you was only a few minutes out with that one.

Such was the slowness of the meeting, I posted the clock in my program throughout the night. Yes the parade started at 7.15am I didn't clock Lamberts opening ride, as it was the first on the night. His second ride Heat 7 hadn't started by 9.15.

I can assure you my timings were spot on.

no urgency ? Was you there last night ? Well if you was you'd have seen the riders out on the track long before the two minute warning buzzer .How can a meeting be speeded u
When riders are laying on the track - if you was ther I applaud you as many couldn't be arsed to go to a World Final right on the door step if I was Buster I'd think why should I bother wasting a Saturday night on speedway when I could be running Stock cars - I'd guess all those arm chair fans will be missing on Wednesday night also when sky will be there those quick to criticise wasn't even there last night

Yes I was there, all the time... until the final was run. I had had enough by then and forewent the celebrations .

Just because the riders were on the track before the buzzer, doesn't show urgency, it shows the ref is so slow in putting it on. Sometimes were we waiting 10mins or more between races and still no 2min warning..

I have much respect for Buster and for the work he does, but it doesn't stop me voicing an opinion when things go wrong. its a pity others don't do the same.....

Someone has to seriously look at what went wrong with the under 21 meeting at KL.

For a meeting to start at 7:30 and finish at 11:40... phew.

OK there was a serious looking accident and the ambulance was on the track for 10 or more minutes....and rightly so.

Sure there were other accidents and the odd tape break, but generally speaking there was too much time between races.

Back to the same old question.... why do they open the pit gates when there is a tape breal or false start? Craxy.... just move em on up to the start and get the show running again.

23 races in 260 minutes, thats just over 11 minutes per race..... wow.