British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Reviresco

World Under 21 Championship 2016 - "live On Eurosport From Final Series 2"

Such was the slowness of the meeting, I posted the clock in my program throughout the night. Yes the parade started at 7.15am I didn't clock Lamberts opening ride, as it was the first on the night. His second ride Heat 7 hadn't started by 9.15.

I can assure you my timings were spot on.

Yes I was there, all the time... until the final was run. I had had enough by then and forewent the celebrations .

Just because the riders were on the track before the buzzer, doesn't show urgency, it shows the ref is so slow in putting it on. Sometimes were we waiting 10mins or more between races and still no 2min warning..

I have much respect for Buster and for the work he does, but it doesn't stop me voicing an opinion when things go wrong. its a pity others don't do the same.....

what?? the riders was on the track before the two minute buzzer and that doesn't show urgency what planet are you on ? Well to my mind it certainty does show urgency -how could the meeting have been speeded up then ? Grade the track when riders was laying on the track perhaps would have helped ? Dodge the ambulance with the tractor maybe ? Maybe a 6-30 start would have been better but still some would have moaned it's too early as I say if I was Buster I'd think why the hell do I bother - Tarmac the track and call it a stock car stadium and cut out the moaners - well I'm pleased to hear you at least made the effort to attend unlike those who couldn't be arsed . Edited by Haza

what?? the riders was on the track before the two minute buzzer and that doesn't show urgency what planet are you on ? Well to my mind it certainty does show urgency -how could the meeting have been speeded up then ? Grade the track when riders was laying on the track perhaps would have helped ? Dodge the ambulance with the tractor maybe ? Maybe a 6-30 start would have been better but still some would have moaned it's too early as I say if I was Buster I'd think why the hell do I bother - Tarmac the track and call it a stock car stadium and cut out the moaners - well I'm pleased to hear you at least made the effort to attend unlike those who couldn't be arsed .

Didn't go because I didn't believe for an U21 World Final £20 + £5 to sit in the stand (which I'd have required) offered VFM

After watching it on YouTube I feel the decision was justified not to attend.

Nobody has given a valid reason for the pricing of this fixture when compared to other's in recent seasons at King's Lynn.

Sorry Haza that your so upset by the turn out but clearly many many people didn't believe VFM was on offer.

As for Wednesday, if the weather looks shaky, yes I will on the basis of VFM watch it on TV

Enjoyed watching the meeting delayed on YouTube, though can imagine it was frustrating live.

Though track was dangerous but produced good racing -surprised to see Poole fans having a go at it, as that would seem to sum up the Poole track?

Excellent display by lambert.

Have to pick a piecszek lambert Fricke 1 2 3 now for the series?

Hopefully prez injury not too serious.

Such was the slowness of the meeting, I posted the clock in my program throughout the night. Yes the parade started at 7.15am I didn't clock Lamberts opening ride, as it was the first on the night. His second ride Heat 7 hadn't started by 9.15.

I can assure you my timings were spot on.

Yes I was there, all the time... until the final was run. I had had enough by then and forewent the celebrations .

Just because the riders were on the track before the buzzer, doesn't show urgency, it shows the ref is so slow in putting it on. Sometimes were we waiting 10mins or more between races and still no 2min warning..

I have much respect for Buster and for the work he does, but it doesn't stop me voicing an opinion when things go wrong. its a pity others don't do the same.....

I think your stretching the truth a bit.Anyway as there were 10 minute gaps between some races,don't you think this was for some riders to be checked over after having a fall before they could resume racing again.God forbid if they hadn't been checked over and happened to cause another accident.

what?? the riders was on the track before the two minute buzzer and that doesn't show urgency what planet are you on ?

If the ref takes ten minutes to put the X2 min warning on, then no, being on track before the warning does not signify urgency. Just as if the ref puts it on immediately after riders leave track after the previous heat, riders being out there after the 2 min warning doesn't signify a lack of urgency.
  • Like 1

Enjoyed watching the meeting delayed on YouTube, though can imagine it was frustrating live.

Though track was dangerous but produced good racing -surprised to see Poole fans having a go at it, as that would seem to sum up the Poole track?

Excellent display by lambert.

Have to pick a piecszek lambert Fricke 1 2 3 now for the series?

Hopefully prez injury not too serious.

Przedpelski rode for Torun today :) Nothing broken

I think your stretching the truth a bit.Anyway as there were 10 minute gaps between some races,don't you think this was for some riders to be checked over after having a fall before they could resume racing again.God forbid if they hadn't been checked over and happened to cause another accident.

So you say, but I can assure you the clock was correct. Some of the early accidents looked bad, but from the break they were simple slide offs. Had the ref been hesitant a moment he would have seen the riders trying to clear the track. In heats 14; 18; and 20 the fallen rider was up before the other riders had returned to the pits. Each of these occasions put extra waiting on the endless list.

In 50 yrs of going to Speedway, this was the slowest meeting I'd ever witnessed. And you wonder why the crowds don't go any more.

If the ref takes ten minutes to put the X2 min warning on, then no, being on track before the warning does not signify urgency. Just as if the ref puts it on immediately after riders leave track after the previous heat, riders being out there after the 2 min warning doesn't signify a lack of urgency.

Spot on Mate!!! The ref was a joke. Heat 13, Buster had done his lengthy track grade, the track is empty, we wait..... 9mins passed before the riders came out. It was only when the riders were approaching the tapes for the start of the race did the 2 min warning sound. The cheers along the back straight could be heard over the bike noise.... Everything resembled 'Kinda-Garden Cops' . It was farcical......

the point is the RIDERS was out on track straight after the previous race had ended they was ready to race -

the point is the RIDERS was out on track straight after the previous race had ended they was ready to race -

Hey if you were there u have a better idea than me, I fast forwarded on YouTube! My only point is that two minute warning in itself signifies nothing in terms of a meeting being run with urgency.

There were a few delays were the ref could have moved things on a bit quicker, but in the main it was numerous falls and track grades after every 4 heats. IMO under the circumstances it was just about as quick as it could have.

My gripe would have to be the p1ss poor presentation as seems to be the norm these days. Was no better than elite league. The presenter didn't really present. I could read out the starting line up each race and just let music play in between times.

Felt sorry for buster with the poor crowd. Hardly encouraging.

My only point is that two minute warning in itself signifies nothing in terms of a meeting being run with urgency.

Maybe I misunderstand something, but IMO 2 min warning is the best if not the only tool for the ref to keep the meeting moving forward.

• Like 2

Maybe I misunderstand something, but IMO 2 min warning is the best if not the only tool for the ref to keep the meeting moving forward.

Yes I agree. My point was in response to a poster who said that proof that the meeting was run with urgency was that the riders were on track before the 2 minute warning went on. I would tend towards the opposite view, that the ref being quick to put it on indicates urgency.

Patrik Mikel got the wildcard for the next round in Pardubice on 16.09. Ondrej Smetana and Josef Novak are the both reserves.