British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
LunnasPerm

Boring

​ON SECOND THOUGHTS I WONT LOWER MYSELF TO INSULTS...WHERE HAVE I SAID IT'S CRAP AND I DON'T LIKE IT? WHERE HAVE I SAID PROMOTORS FIDDLE THE BOOKS?

Fail to realise is the wrong term re how I feel about some supposed “lovers of speedway” it is much deeper than that, I genuinely cannot fathom in my mind how some people think they love a thing that they go to (or in some instances don’t go to but only because they love it that much…weird) and then proceed to say “I love speedway…apart from when the 4 guys race around, the way they look, the rules, the stadia, the night out, the entertainment and the programmes”…apart from all of those things they love it, they love it so much that they spend hours on a forum telling others how crap it is THAT is how much they love speedway, pointing these types of characters out doesn’t make someone a super fan, whatever the hell that is, another of your fictional characters.

Most of it isn’t in any remote way “constructive” hence, again, why it might irk people who actually do want to have constructive chats about a sport they actually like rather than an imaginary concept of “speedway” that some people have created

PS if you state promoters “use tracks as a tax loss against their business” and then play dumb when asked if you have

accused anyone of fiddling books, or how it can be seen that such comments are “constructive” it makes, you, well…..an idiot, since you are a fan of that word.

Edited by sparkafag
  • Like 2

Fail to realise is the wrong term re how I feel about some supposed “lovers of speedway” it is much deeper than that, I genuinely cannot fathom in my mind how some people think they love a thing that they go to (or in some instances don’t go to but only because they love it that much…weird) and then proceed to say “I love speedway…apart from when the 4 guys race around, the way they look, the rules, the stadia, the night out, the entertainment and the programmes”…apart from all of those things they love it, they love it so much that they spend hours on a forum telling others how crap it is THAT is how much they love speedway, pointing these types of characters out doesn’t make someone a super fan, whatever the hell that is, another of your fictional characters.

Most of it isn’t in any remote way “constructive” hence, again, why it might irk people who actually do want to have constructive chats about a sport they actually like rather than an imaginary concept of “speedway” that some people have created

PS if you state promoters “use tracks as a tax loss against their business” and then play dumb when asked if you have

accused anyone of fiddling books, or how it can be seen that such comments are “constructive” it makes, you, well…..an idiot, since you are a fan of that word.

Totally agree.

Owning other businesses and spreading losses is not 'fiddling the books'...I suggest you look into it.

I find it completely weird that someone will spend so much time, trolling people on a forum, just because they don't like what the other person says.

Each to their own...now't queer as folk and their little entourage.

Think i'll not contribute to this forum anymore...it's all a bit weird for my liking.

Have fun with the next poor sod who disagrees with you.

Can see you rubbing your hands with glee, and a big smug grin on your face...well done keyboard warrior.

It takes a special kind of stupid, to read a post and continually not get the gist of them...You definitely win on that score...

• Like 2

Owning other businesses and spreading losses is not 'fiddling the books'...I suggest you look into it.

I find it completely weird that someone will spend so much time, trolling people on a forum, just because they don't like what the other person says.

Each to their own...now't queer as folk and their little entourage.

Think i'll not contribute to this forum anymore...it's all a bit weird for my liking.

Have fun with the next poor sod who disagrees with you.

Can see you rubbing your hands with glee, and a big smug grin on your face...well done keyboard warrior.

It takes a special kind of stupid, to read a post and continually not get the gist of them...You definitely win on that score...

I enjoy reading your comments...always constructive and always open to debate.

• Like 2

Now that's what I call a proper WOOOSHHHH moment...I know you like Capitals BWitch, so I added some just for you ;-)

I like the way you've completely missed the point...Rosco was obviously pointing out that the track is such, that no one has a chance of overtaking on it.

Like many tracks these days...the slicker they are, the less chance you have of passing if you miss the gate.

Like you CORRECTLY say...most races are won from the gate and always have been...but at least in the past when tracks were set up grippier, deeper and with more racing lines...riders at least had a chance of catching up and passing on a more regular basis.

I do however, bow down to your logic in nearly every response, that speedway is pretty much the same as it's ever been...even if I think it's deluded and WRONG ;-)

No Whoosh at all.

The only whoosh is yourself who is still peddling the falacy there was lots more passing in the 'old days' when all the available evidence, i.e. recorded meetings on dvd/video/youtube show otherwise.

Didn't used to be like that as I remember !

You don't remember that well then I'm afraid.. and neither do I.

I'm sure you think back, as I do, to the days of Sam Ermolenko and PK blasting round the green entertaining us and the thrilling racing we had.

However, rewatching the meetings.. sure there are some brilliant races that stick in our minds.. but there are many, many (the majority) mundane races with riders spread out far more than they are now.

Sam Ermolenko and David Haynes in the same race? Thrilling! We didn't care though, it was against Cradley, the place was packed, it was superb. Even though one rider was on the back straight when the other crossed the line.

Some on here think that I don't think that speedway was better in years gone by.. far from it, I absolutely 100% think that and wish those days were still here. However... I also know that my perceptions of how great the 'racing' was are a long way off the mark.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 1

No Whoosh at all.

The only whoosh is yourself who is still peddling the falacy there was lots more passing in the 'old days' when all the available evidence, i.e. recorded meetings on dvd/video/youtube show otherwise.

You don't remember that well then I'm afraid.. and neither do I.

I'm sure you think back, as I do, to the days of Sam Ermolenko and PK blasting round the green entertaining us and the thrilling racing we had.

However, rewatching the meetings.. sure there are some brilliant races that stick in our minds.. but there are many, many (the majority) mundane races with riders spread out far more than they are now.

Sam Ermolenko and David Haynes in the same race? Thrilling! We didn't care though, it was against Cradley, the place was packed, it was superb. Even though one rider was on the back straight when the other crossed the line.

Some on here think that I don't think that speedway was better in years gone by.. far from it, I absolutely 100% think that and wish those days were still here. However... I also know that my perceptions of how great the 'racing' was are a long way off the mark.

The only difference is Witcher did you see racing in different era's ? i did and loads of others on here have seen loads more than me or you that's where your opinion means zilch sorry.!

Think certain posters should accept that others posters are expressing their own opinion whether it be negitive or positive rather than troll them with their own thoughts.Like someone pointed out there is only small number of posters on the forum on any one topic it certainly doesn't make any difference to who attends a match or who stays at home.IMO It is a forum and it is about opinions ,so as long as they are not abusive just accept what is said by other posters.

• Like 5

Think certain posters should accept that others posters are expressing their own opinion whether it be negitive or positive rather than troll them with their own thoughts.Like someone pointed out there is only small number of posters on the forum on any one topic it certainly doesn't make any difference to who attends a match or who stays at home.IMO It is a forum and it is about opinions ,so as long as they are not abusive just accept what is said by other posters.

Agree 100 per cent! (don't know how to type percentages!)

So you're agreeing 100% we should accept that other posters are expressing their own opinion but others who respond are trolling them with their own thoughts. Strange logic that in one case it's an opinion but anyone not agreeing is a troll. I don't get that and don't agree 100%. :wink:

So you're agreeing 100% we should accept that other posters are expressing their own opinion but others who respond are trolling them with their own thoughts. Strange logic that in one case it's an opinion but anyone not agreeing is a troll. I don't get that and don't agree 100%. :wink:

Okay 95 per cent then...but the thing that bugs me are the posters who think that they are always right and continue to niggle away and should show a little more respect to other posters. As I keep commenting a little humility goes a long way.

• Like 3

There are a number of trolls on this forum and they're pretty obvious to who they are but seem oblivious to themselves.

These people are the ones that can't have a differing view and just move on, they constantly keep going until you say they're right. These people also always jump on the same threads arguing with the same posters i.e. trolling.

Anyway, back to the thread, where are we.............

Okay 95 per cent then...but the thing that bugs me are the posters who think that they are always right and continue to niggle away and should show a little more respect to other posters. As I keep commenting a little humility goes a long way.

Timing my friend :t:

• Like 2

Except that isn't the case is it, what you should say is you don't care how much posters go on as long as they agree with you... they 'bug' you if they have a different view and bug you the most when they can factually prove it too... hence you never having a cross word to say about the nonsensical abusive ramblings of Sidders when he's been on the sherry.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 1

Except that isn't the case is it, what you should say is you don't care how much posters go on as long as they agree with you... they 'bug' you if they have a different view and bug you the most when they can factually prove it too... hence you never having a cross word to say about the nonsensical abusive ramblings of Sidders when he's been on the sherry.

Not on the sherry but to be frank you are one of the reasons why people don't come on this forum as much.My mistake is that i bite to your rubbish, as i have said there are some great people on the forum love to read there posts my mistake is i should ignore you.My fault totally won't be responding to you again mainly because i don't learn anything from you anyway and you generally want to WIN every point you make. Edited by Sidney the robin

By that logic no one should reply to anyone :lol:

If people say things on a public from they are consciously choosing to put their “opinion” out there for others to read, expecting others to simply agree, or not express their opinion in return is precious at best

Edited by sparkafag

I agree the new silencers have made quite a difference.

That is far more recent though, long after the 'big decline'.

As you state in this post the new silencers have been a massive negative in the quality of speedway at Monmore. Yes I remember Ermolenko,Correy and the Karlssons , but I also remember the 2009 season,only 7 years ago. What a season for Freddie Lindgren,only dropped 7 points I think at home all year and Freddie didn't make the gate that often. Be it Crump, Adams, Pedersen, he would simply round em up at Monmore, inside, outside he was simply impossible to defend against. Now an outside pass at Monmore is as rare as hens teeth. So yes as recent as 2009 / 2010 the passing at Monmore was off the scale and rarely gating was the be all and end all.

And as a footnote this is the reason the people I know have stopped coming, because the speedway is not as good as it used to be

Edited by New Science