British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
hagonshocker

Swindon V Belle Vue 21/04/16

Yes your right actually. I'm just naturally assigning one of Joe's rides to Steve from the off. Joe will have to take all his rides so in a way it robbing Peter to pay Paul.

This is the Abbey. It has to be cold, I believe it's an unwritten rule by the BSPA. Only 2 warm meetings per season allowed & they must be staged in August.

There were about 6/7 in 2014, but yep average a couple of scorcher's per season Up On The Hill. If you think The Abbey is cold, try Worky's Derwent Park up on the Cumbrian Coast...Freeze-ya-balls-off-by-the-sea, but great view of the Lake District's mountains from the main stand.

If Cookie is as fast as on his last visit Swindon wont have a hope of winning, especially if the ex-Robins Scotty and Matty are on-form, should be a cracker.

Edited by Downsman

Yes your right actually. I'm just naturally assigning one of Joe's rides to Steve from the off. Joe will have to take all his rides so in a way it robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Heat 7

Doyle - Morris - Nicholls - R/R

Jacobs could take that ride and then not take all his reserve rides

With no Richie, Tungate at reserve, Grajczonek as a second string and Joe in poor form so far, I now think this will be a Swindon win. Wright could be a weakness as a heat leader but Richie has been scoring well,

If Wright wasn't there, would we be allowed to have Freddie Lindgren as a guest? Genuine question.

Just a genuine Question how does R/R work for Richie Worrall? Steve's average is 4.85 and Richie's only 4.10 so does this mean only Steve and Jacobs can take R/R rides or as Steve is at reserve does his average not count as above Richie's meaning Max Fricke can also take a ride?

I know someone has mentioned Fricke gets a ride earlier in the thread but how is this so? is it a case of rules been made up as we go along again?

Just a genuine Question how does R/R work for Richie Worrall? Steve's average is 4.85 and Richie's only 4.10 so does this mean only Steve and Jacobs can take R/R rides or as Steve is at reserve does his average not count as above Richie's meaning Max Fricke can also take a ride?

I know someone has mentioned Fricke gets a ride earlier in the thread but how is this so? is it a case of rules been made up as we go along again?

The rulebook does NOT take this into account at all. The only thing it says is the rider above gets a ride. So according to the rules only the reserve can take the R/R rides but logic dictates that Fricke gets one too.

I bet nobody in officialdom has asked the question or even through about it.

edit - just tweeted Lemo and Rosco to ask.

Edited by SCB

Interesting fact for the Robins is that with Rohan at reserve tonight it will all 7 riders tonight would have rode at reserve for us in the last 6 years.

Interesting fact for the Robins is that with Rohan at reserve tonight it will all 7 riders tonight would have rode at reserve for us in the last 6 years.

The geek in me likes that :)

In the first 5 heats - this is the Swindon team I expected to see this year - not the poor imitation we have these last few meetings. Still time for it to go Pete Tong but at least they have started riding to their potential!

• Like 4

No r/r ride allowed for Fricke

And given the rules this year, could maybe all end up at reserve during the next six months!!!!!

• Like 1

A great win for The Robins & 6+1 from Richie's rides which is more than he probably would've got.

Only difference is Jacobs had 4 rides not 3 if Belle Vue were not using R/R.

What a difference a week makes for Charles & hope his confidence doesn't get dented with the madness of riding as a heat leader.

• Like 3