British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Daniel Smith

Could Woffy Be Making An El Return?

He has annoyed a FEW fans not the majority not by a long chalk yet quite simply you like to have a pop when not knowing the facts.

His actions HAVE NOT split support. There will be a few fools like yourself who may feel the need to boo him but the vast majority will be cheering him on as a BRITISH WORLD CHAMPION - BORN TO BRITISH PARENT - WHO HAD NO CHOICE WHERE HE GREW UP - AND WILL OBVIOUSLY HAVE A SOFT SPOT FOR AUSTRALIA! Not sure if i can actually spell that out any clearer.

Oh and you also mention that this thread clearly shows the split!!!! Well just for your information when i posted that the people slagging off Tai are pathetic i got 23 LIKES , yes 23 , not 3 or 4 that the posts of the Tai haters get 23 incase you misread what i wrote. That hardly shows a divided thread really.

And look at the Tai haters on here, yourself, speedibee, Robert72. Not exactly a line up of people that hold any credibility as a decent poster on here.

And yes the odd Poole fan backing you up. Seems there is still that bee in the bonnet of Poole fans that Tai was actually a better, and far more consistent rider than Darcy, and likely to keep adding world crowns. Some Poole fans hated that fact. Sadly the tragedy that happened means we will never know if Darcy would have been as good as Tai

I hear you Gavan and I agree 100%.

Shovlar is a fellow Pirate supporter who has always been pretty opinionated on most things so his posts regarding Tai are nothing new to us. However, I've no idea why his view is so strong and I, as a fellow Pirate, will NOT be backing him up!

As for Tai v Darcy, that's a battle I personally would have loved to have seen develop over the years. As for who was the better rider, that's purely a matter of opinion.

You lack the intelligence like many who run the sport and that's why it's in such a mess.

You are so happy then that tai refused to ride in the Ben fund ?

You are happy that a lot of the media will avoid the British final because world champion will be missing. Great for the sport but your ok to see the sport die.

Shame you can't see the big picture

It's a shame you can't see the big(ger) picture regarding Tai's decision!

• Like 1

You cannot compare football to speedway that's where your argument fails.

However rugby is a growing sport and unless you play rugby in the country of birth you are Not selected for your country, that sport is growing fast in this country.

Tai has set a bad example to British kids that he can snub the British final,he can snub the Ben fund because he is world champion and doesn't need to do what he doesn't want too.

Totally untrue.

I'm a huge rugby fan but the use of residency (six years) to qualify for a country is turning the international game into a farce.

At last year's World Cup each country named 32-man squads - only Argentina's were all born in the country they represented.

England had three (Mako and Billy Vunipola and Brad Barritt) foreigners, Wales 11 (nine born in England), Scotland 10, France 10, Ireland 5 and New Zealand 5 not born in the country whose shirts they wear. The numbers for Japan, Canada and the lesser nations were enough to give you a nose bleed.

• Like 2

You cannot compare football but you can compare rugby?

Who is this bloke Carter I keep hearing about...some All Black apparently. Which club is he playing for? Richie Gray the Scottish loch..where has he played rugby for the last 5 years?

If I could play a sport and be paid 5 or 10 times the money I could for undertaking that pleasure in another country, what is the issue?

Woffinden is free to do what he likes, as he likes. He is a person who works for himself. It is that simple. He has made a good, sound commercial decision for himself because he is alone responsible and if it goes wrong it's him that carries the can.

If he wants to ride in Sweden and Poland only, good luck to him.

The issue I have is that he is GB captain. Doesn't sit right with me that he didn't do the training camp that he suggested nor doing the national championships. He can do what he likes as an individual but i think a national captain should at least be a part of these things. If he wants to be single minded and just compete for GB in the SWC fine, its not what a captains mandate should be though. .

• Like 4

Totally untrue.

I'm a huge rugby fan but the use of residency (six years) to qualify for a country is turning the international game into a farce.

At last year's World Cup each country named 32-man squads - only Argentina's were all born in the country they represented.

England had three (Mako and Billy Vunipola and Brad Barritt) foreigners, Wales 11 (nine born in England), Scotland 10, France 10, Ireland 5 and New Zealand 5 not born in the country whose shirts they wear. The numbers for Japan, Canada and the lesser nations were enough to give you a nose bleed.

Really, is there. Not one or two English players playing in the French league that means they won't be selected for England ?

Totally untrue.

Nathan Hughes will be in the England squad soon enough too. To be fair he has a point, English players have to play in England to get picked and I believe the same with Australians unless they've reached 60+ caps. Its basically a tool to keep the best home grown talent in the country

• Like 1

Why is not liking a rider, Poole bias?

Everything is Poole bias to these toe rags

• Like 1

The issue I have is that he is GB captain. Doesn't sit right with me that he didn't do the training camp that he suggested nor doing the national championships. He can do what he likes as an individual but i think a national captain should at least be a part of these things. If he wants to be single minded and just compete for GB in the SWC fine, its not what a captains mandate should be though. .

To a degree, I agree your point, but as long as he leads by example at the SWC then I can't see there is an issue.

A captain has various functions to perform e.g win races 😀 but also pass on advice to inexperienced riders about track conditions, gearing etc and try to galvanise underperforming riders.

Yes, he is a big loss to the EL, In an ideal world he should ride here but if you could do the exact same job in Scotland for 5 times your pay, you would be off like the proverbial rat up a drainpipe. 😋

Woffy is no different. So if you and everyone else would do it, why can't he?

• Like 1

To a degree, I agree your point, but as long as he leads by example at the SWC then I can't see there is an issue.

A captain has various functions to perform e.g win races but also pass on advice to inexperienced riders about track conditions, gearing etc and try to galvanise underperforming riders.

Yes, he is a big loss to the EL, In an ideal world he should ride here but if you could do the exact same job in Scotland for 5 times your pay, you would be off like the proverbial rat up a drainpipe.

Woffy is no different. So if you and everyone else would do it, why can't he?

For the record Scotland is part of GB but I understand your analogy!

He has annoyed a FEW fans not the majority not by a long chalk yet quite simply you like to have a pop when not knowing the facts.

His actions HAVE NOT split support. There will be a few fools like yourself who may feel the need to boo him but the vast majority will be cheering him on as a BRITISH WORLD CHAMPION - BORN TO BRITISH PARENT - WHO HAD NO CHOICE WHERE HE GREW UP - AND WILL OBVIOUSLY HAVE A SOFT SPOT FOR AUSTRALIA! Not sure if i can actually spell that out any clearer.

Oh and you also mention that this thread clearly shows the split!!!! Well just for your information when i posted that the people slagging off Tai are pathetic i got 23 LIKES , yes 23 , not 3 or 4 that the posts of the Tai haters get 23 incase you misread what i wrote. That hardly shows a divided thread really.

And look at the Tai haters on here, yourself, speedibee, Robert72. Not exactly a line up of people that hold any credibility as a decent poster on here.

And yes the odd Poole fan backing you up. Seems there is still that bee in the bonnet of Poole fans that Tai was actually a better, and far more consistent rider than Darcy, and likely to keep adding world crowns. Some Poole fans hated that fact. Sadly the tragedy that happened means we will never know if Darcy would have been as good as Tai

Better warn you now not to start a fight with me again. Don't call me a fool for having a different opinion. And by the way my post on page one has also received large support. 18 likes.

I stick by saying Woffinden has let down his British fans by refusing to ride here.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 1

Gavan it has nothing to do with if Tai was better than Darcy. He still is an arrogant idiot who doesn't tell people the truth Imo. How hard us that to understand!!

Edited by lisa-colette
  • Like 1

Better warn you now not to start a fight with me again. Don't call me a fool for having a different opinion. And by the way my post on page one has also received large support. 18 likes.

I stick by saying Woffinden has let down his British fans by refusing to ride here.

are you for real?? Don't start a fight with me again??? Sorry are you in charge here then??? I will do and say as I please on here and I will tell you that your a fool if I believe what you are writing is daft. Same as you trolled on here before to get a reaction and you still do it.

are you for real?? Don't start a fight with me again??? Sorry are you in charge here then??? I will do and say as I please on here and I will tell you that your a fool if I believe what you are writing is daft. Same as you trolled on here before to get a reaction and you still do it.

Ignore the fool Gavin, he's obviously been watching too many Godfather films... :rofl:

• Like 1

Best thing for Gavan is the ignore button . dont be tempted to read his posts once you have him blocked and eventually everyone will have blocked him and he'll go away

• Like 1