British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Belle Vue V Poole 27/4/16 Ela. The Big One.

Well here we go. The clash of the titans and a great way to finally get racing underway at The National Stadium. I should imagine the stadium full signs will be put out and with Sky in attendance, it should be a thriller for everyone.

Now that Belle Vue have had an extra month to sort out a bend, more than enough time, lets just hope the weather is set fair for travelling fans and those sitting in their armchairs.

A hard one to predict but I think Pirates are more than capable of coming away with a victory.

Thoughts?

I think it will be postponed

• Like 2

A big Belle Vue win hopefully but with it being a new track there will be no home advantage for the Aces.

Lucky Poole again😉

Friend of mine looked in today …. Diggers everywhere. Hope it's on, normally i'd have booked a flight to the UK to see this but not going to take the risk.

• Like 1

It's on the Belle Vue website.

"Further defects have been exposed"

Meeting off.

They said they want to run a meeting before this. Now that the Colts v Storm is postponed I guess this will be now too.

It's on the Belle Vue website.

"Further defects have been exposed"

Meeting off.

Nah, never, clearly they are as incompetent as they sound..

How come a month ago the whole track was good apart from bends 3 and 4 that needed a bit more time?

Yet it still isn't ready?

I don't get it.

Certainly justifies the riders not racing before.

So who said NL riders would have ridden?

• Like 2

I have a feeling that they may postpone this one.Give the track a little more time,no preasure of it being on sky, leaving the opening meeting for bank holiday monday which has more chance of pulling in a very large crowd.

They can put down a complete track in Cardiff in approximately 4 days. They cant put down a bend at Belle Vue in 4 weeks?

What a complete joke if true.

• Like 2

They seem to make it up as they go along.

They said it was all being dug up and starting again on bends 3 and 4... if you are 'starting again' how can you find 'further defects'.

• Like 2

I have a feeling that they may postpone this one.

They have. It's on the Vue website.

• Like 1

They can put down a complete track in Cardiff in approximately 4 days. They cant put down a bend at Belle Vue in 4 weeks?

What a complete joke if true.

Mate John put down the present track in a week. We finished on the Wednesday everything was dismantled and new track laid posted chicken wired and kickboarded in a week, we rode the following Wednesday.

If the above it true then clearly they are as incompetent as they sound. And the council want kicking for not allowing somebody ie track curator to oversee the project.