British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn V Poole 27/4/16 7.30pm (skysports)

Give em the trophy now.

Why??

Kings Lynn will win this at a canter...51-39 ish.

Why??

Kings Lynn will win this at a canter...51-39 ish.

You're joking aren't you? If it's 39-51 Lynn will have done well.

Give em the trophy now.

We've already got it... ;)

• Like 2

We were reading exactly the same type of post a couple of days before Poole went to Coventry.

Poole never win big away from home.

KL have Iversen 12-14 points.

Nicholls 10-12

Lambert 8-10

MadsK 8-10

This will be close again. 47-43. The loss of Newman the deciding factor.

Wonder how Buster will prepare the track ......

A lot better than BV's hopefully...

• Like 1

Just for clarity (sic) can anyone explain as I think I'm confused !!!

1. The EDR list says in accordance with Regulation 17.6, but then proceeds to list an entirely new set of rules that in conflict, not accordance to 17.6.

2. An EDR riding at reserve can only be replaced by another EDR according to 17.6. But according to the EDR list, he can be replaced based on his PL average (plus some restrictions on who can replace him) by a non EDR.

3. An EDR riding at Heat Leader (we already have an example) can be replaced by a Guest. The suggestion is that this is based on the EDR's EL average, which of course will in 99% of cases be significantly higher than his converted PL average.

4. It is likely in the early season an EDR may well jump between reserve and heat leader until his time as a heat leader starts to deflate his average.

5. Meanwhile your weak 5th string rider is riding at reserve.

6. Is there anything to stop a double move at that point? EDR rider has an inflated average for a short period. That rider could be injured or dropped and replaced by a world class rider due to the inflated average. Whilst the 5th rider is replaced by an EDR. You'd hope that wasn't permitted.

To be honest I don't know how much of that is true, But it has got me wondering. I can't believe point 6 would be permitted. The mixing of PL and EL averages I'm not so sure.

Have you seen Pooles last 4 away performances??

Play off semi at Coventry, 10 or more points in front but only drew.

Play off final at Belle Vue 13 points in front but only drew.

Lakeside away, 6 points up and lost.

Coventry away 12 points up and lost.

And people are predicting Poole to thrash Kings Lynn away??? Never going to happen. They could be 20 points in front at some point and will still lose!!!!!

Yes when Ellis comes in as Poole number one we are going to sign Dudek to replace him.

Have you seen Pooles last 4 away performances??

Play off semi at Coventry, 10 or more points in front but only drew.

Play off final at Belle Vue 13 points in front but only drew.

Lakeside away, 6 points up and lost.

Coventry away 12 points up and lost.

And people are predicting Poole to thrash Kings Lynn away??? Never going to happen. They could be 20 points in front at some point and will still lose!!!!!

Eventually they will get it right and start well and finish the job properly. I think this will be the meeting.

Yes when Ellis comes in as Poole number one we are going to sign Dudek to replace him.

Lol :D Please stop they will think you are being serious!!
  • Like 1

TBH reading the above shows how convoluted the elite league rules are. What a nonsense.

Hoping for good weather and looking forward to watching a good advert for speedway. :t:

You joke but if Ellis was to break his leg on Wednesday (and please nobody think I'm in any way hope he does!) then Poole would be allowed 9 point guests for him for the rest of the season. But if his average was a point lower and he was in reserve but Newman was in the 1-5 then Ellis could only be replaced by 4.5 PL riders.

That is an utter madness!

Wow. I hadn't read about that. A bit of a shame for Ellis, especially as he was under the impression he couldn't be promoted to the 1-5 so wouldn't have expected his success to have back fired on him.

It will be interesting what options Ellis has for a team berth. I suspect he will remain a Tier 2 EDR but carrying a heat leaders average. It may be possible for a team like Coventry to bring him in as a second Tier 2 EDR as per the rules. He would then ride as heat leader and probably reduce his average to a more reasonable value, allowing space for a further big signing in their 1-5.

So could work at well for one of the teams currently struggling. Will certainly be interesting to see who has space for him next month.