British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn V Poole 27/4/16 7.30pm (skysports)

Belle Vue v Hull in the early 70's. We didn't like the track and walked out. It went ahead with a string of 5-0.

If that happened now it would probably break the internet. Lol.

Edited by ouch

Same happened with Kings Lynn at Eastbourne. 75-0.

Nevermind. If you stick a stamped envelope in the post with your ticket from that meeting and a covering letter to the speedway office and just state you had to rush back to Norfolk, you never know. You might get the HOLE amount back... :lol:

An attempt at sarcasm or an attempt at wit?

As a long shot, an attempt at grammar?

Massive fail on every count......simpleton !!!

• Like 1

I blame my ageing memory :P but honestly I was thinking of riders refusing to start a meeting that consequently went ahead.

Long Eaton v Middlesbrough back in the 70's? Could have been the 80's because my memory is bad as well, but I was there and the visiting team refused to ride so Long Eaton got maximum points in every boring race. :lol:

Same happened with Kings Lynn at Eastbourne. 75-0.

That wasn't because of the track or the riders Steve, I was there that night and the weather was perfect. . Was about averages, Lynn were about 0.1 over and Waggy and Brian Griffin refused to let the team ride. Result was 75-0

An attempt at sarcasm or an attempt at wit?

As a long shot, an attempt at grammar?

Massive fail on every count......simpleton !!!

Simpleton... If the riders hadn't have kicked 10 bells of sh-te out of a small hole in the first place as though they were digging a tunnel in the Great escape it would have been perfectly ok. And you call me a simpleton... :icon_smile_clown: And i will tell you where to shove your grammer..

Simpleton... If the riders hadn't have kicked 10 bells of sh-te out of a small hole in the first place as though they were digging a tunnel in the Great escape it would have been perfectly ok. And you call me a simpleton... :icon_smile_clown: And i will tell you where to shove your grammer..

:lol:

• Like 4

That wasn't because of the track or the riders Steve, I was there that night and the weather was perfect. . Was about averages, Lynn were about 0.1 over and Waggy and Brian Griffin refused to let the team ride. Result was 75-0

And that was probably the most damaging and wrong decision in the recent history of the sport. Why on earth didn't they ride under protest?

No thought whatsoever for the fans. Similar to BV this year but worse.

:lol:

I thought it was Starman humour!

Judging by Sky pictures of the crowd think the refunds could have been covered by the change in Busters back pocket!

I thought it was Starman humour!

I did wonder myself. Either way, it's funny :D

Judging by Sky pictures of the crowd think the refunds could have been covered by the change in Busters back pocket!

That's why I think the decision to call it off was made earlier than the TV made out - as Buzz tweeted - and then Sky could announce it 'live', showing some recorded footage of track inspections, rider discussions etc :nono::shock::wink:

• Like 1

And that was probably the most damaging and wrong decision in the recent history of the sport. Why on earth didn't they ride under protest?

No thought whatsoever for the fans. Similar to BV this year but worse.

Possibly Steve, and I admit to be being bloody furious at the time but having been privy to some of what was going on in the pits and speaking to several riders/management before and after the decision to walk was made I can understand why they did it. They were wrong but that wasn't how it was seen at the time.

At least it was a pleasant day out on the South Coast beforehand and an interesting drive home, Saw more riders overtaking on the way home than you get in an EL match nowadays :wink:

• Like 1