British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shale Searcher

Leicester Lions V Kings Lynn Stars, Sat 23rd April 2016 @ 19:30

As we walked back to the car park after heat 15 this evening we we followed by Mr & Mrs Hemsley making their way towards the bar. Heads turned when we heard Mrs H shouting quite loudly into her phone demanding that whoever was at the other end was to tell all the home riders and the team manager to meet in the bar after they were showered and changed. They were to be told that none of them could leave the stadium, even to depart for the airport, until they had finished the meeting. That seemed to be confirmation of who wears the trousers!

Whilst the resulting was a little disappointing, I cannot recall seeing a home meeting with more passing than tonight. Whilst we all know we have a weak team, it would seem unfair to lay into anyone except Ulamek, as the others could not be accused of lacking in effort.

I heard that conversation too, Mrs H. was certainly not a happy bunny, I wouldn't like to be the riders boots , she was on the warpath. But it was an excellent meeting with plenty of passing, it's a pity that wasn't the televised match instead of the Swindon meeting.

• Like 2

Well 1st meeting attended at Leicester

Probably been spoiled

Brilliant night of racing and a MDL match as well

Enjoy what you have Yes Seb was poor

But

Entertainment it was top draw stuff

And that's what we rolled up for.

a good meeting tonight, plenty of passing, and a fair result I think

• Like 1

Did you go tonight? I thought it was a great meeting with plenty of passing......what was your take of it?

Yes, I was there and thought it was so good that I'm now hooked. :lol: Whether it was the alterations to bend 3/4 or because of two evenly matched teams I don't know but it really was a great match and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

• Like 1

Quite possibly the best ever EL meeting at Beaumont Park I have seen. Pity we just couldn't hold on but a quality nights entertainment none the less.

That's maybe what you get when you get two evenly balanced sides.Shame the people in control couldn't make every team in the league as equally balanced as one another then you may see more people going again.

There was plenty of good races,but for me being a Lynn fan race of the night was Lambert in heat 15.Sluggish out of the gate but eventually caught and passed Wozniak entering turn 3 lap 2 or 3 and then on the outside turn 4 lap 4 managed to find the drive to pip Hougaard on the line to give Lynn the 5-1 they needed for a draw.

We need more evenly balanced sides in the league and then you get meetings like this.

Thought the track could have done with a sprinkle of water though,absolutely covered in dust from ht1 onwards.May have been worried about the weather but to be honest it didn't look like it was threatening to much rain.

Edited by tellboy
  • Like 1

That's maybe what you get when you get two evenly balanced sides.Shame the people in control couldn't make every team in the league as equally balanced as one another then you may see more people going again.

There was plenty of good races,but for me being a Lynn fan race of the night was Lambert in heat 15.Sluggish out of the gate but eventually caught and passed Wozniak entering turn 3 lap 2 or 3 and then on the outside turn 4 lap 4 managed to find the drive to pip Hougaard on the line to give Lynn the 5-1 they needed for a draw.

We need more evenly balanced sides in the league and then you get meetings like this.

Thought the track could have done with a sprinkle of water though,absolutely covered in dust from ht1 onwards.May have been worried about the weather but to be honest it didn't look like it was threatening to much rain.

Rain was forecast to appear around 8pm/8.30pm, when it did arrive, just as the MDL fixture was completed, it fell as soft hail, which I had predicted... Not cold enough for sleet/snow, but cold enough for the lesser spotted Soft Hail!!

Other than missing out on a win, I thought that was a very entertaining speedway match, 2 evenly matched teams, and riders that were prepared to try the new lines around 3 and 4, which produced some great overtakes, and probably quite a few pairs of soiled pants!!!

• Like 1

I thought the track was very poor and the riders did there best to give the fans a decent meeting.

A fair result in the end.

I thought the track was very poor and the riders did there best to give the fans a decent meeting.

There's no pleasing some people.

For my money the best EL meeting I've seen at BP.

• Like 2

oh ffs get a life!
  • Like 4

Wind up merchant!!!!!

You continually moan about Leicester speedway, I wasn't there, I was at Stoke last night. But reading the posts on here, a lot of people thoroughly enjoyed themselves last night apart from you, strange that!!!

After reading all the other comments this one really surprised me :lol: Sounds like it was Woffy's fault too.

Sounds like a great meeting to watch and pleasing to end up with a draw for the Stars ✊

• Like 2

As we walked back to the car park after heat 15 this evening we we followed by Mr & Mrs Hemsley making their way towards the bar. Heads turned when we heard Mrs H shouting quite loudly into her phone demanding that whoever was at the other end was to tell all the home riders and the team manager to meet in the bar after they were showered and changed. They were to be told that none of them could leave the stadium, even to depart for the airport, until they had finished the meeting. That seemed to be confirmation of who wears the trousers!

Whilst the resulting was a little disappointing, I cannot recall seeing a home meeting with more passing than tonight. Whilst we all know we have a weak team, it would seem unfair to lay into anyone except Ulamek, as the others could not be accused of lacking in effort.

sounds like a Delia "where are you" moment.. :D

So your riders have Norrie and Mrs Hemsley to contend with. .... jeez. No wonder when interviewed Klindt was pained when asked, is the team spirit good!

Shame because the fans are great, fair minded people ...

So, get your weak reserve to number 2, then give him 3 rides, dropping your underperforming number 2 to reserve, who has a turnround of form, and gets anywhere between 5-7 rides a meeting, nobody would ever do that surely!

• Like 3