British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Wolverhampton V Poole. Ela 2/5/16

So if tomorrow's meeting is postponed, I assume it will be an NL guest as I thought you couldn't have a facility for a rider unless he has already ridden for you.

Matt will just postpone Wednesday meeting - like he did a couple of years ago when something similar happened!

No reason why tomorrow wont go ahead. The rain is clearing in the early afternoon to leave a dry evening.

Nice natural watering.

Lokking forward to this. Should be a belter.

Every reason given the vile forecast and the promoters need to call off in a heartbeat.

I just hope the weather isn't as bad as predicted.

Matt will just postpone Wednesday meeting - like he did a couple of years ago when something similar happened!

this could be worth following if tomorrows is called off...

• Like 1

So if tomorrow's meeting is postponed, I assume it will be an NL guest as I thought you couldn't have a facility for a rider unless he has already ridden for you.

I think that is the 'old' rule...

The 'new' rule states....

Well, to be honest I haven't a clue as it will only get written sometime between now and Wednesday evening, depending on whether the meeting tonight goes ahead or not....

All done 'in the interest of Speedway' obviously!

Edited by mikebv

Bjarne missing his home debut in the return on Wednesday!! r/r

An extra ride for Holder but not Ellis!!

An extra ride for Holder but not Ellis!!

Are we sure about that?

Rider one above in the averages (Kyle) and the reserves (also Kyle).

Have the powers that be considered this scenario?

Bjarne missing his home debut in the return on Wednesday!! r/r

Is that for the same reason Lakeside cast him adrift? Considering the way your lot treated Watt i think that's quite funny!

Are we sure about that?

Rider one above in the averages (Kyle) and the reserves (also Kyle).

Have the powers that be considered this scenario?

Kyle 7.24

Holder 7.13

No they didn't consider it, but the issue has been tested (Swindon v Belle Vue - where Max Fricke didn't get a rider replacement ride, as the rider above Ritchie Worrall was deemed to be reserve Steve Worrall)

Is that for the same reason Lakeside cast him adrift? Considering the way your lot treated Watt i think that's quite funny!

I don't get why you are so upset by it?

Kyle 7.24

Holder 7.13

No they didn't consider it, but the issue has been tested (Swindon v Belle Vue - where Max Fricke didn't get a rider replacement ride, as the rider above Ritchie Worrall was deemed to be reserve Steve Worrall)

Ah yes. I'd used Chris' old average. :oops:

I knew really. Just testing. :D

Lewis Kerr is guesting for Kyle Newman tonight who has been admitted to hospital again

Well if today doesn't go ahead for any reason, as some have suggested, then Poole will not get a facility for Bjarne on Wednesday - as he won't have ridden yet!!

If it does go ahead then on Wednesday, Bjarne's (6.55) r/r rides can be taken by Chris Holder (7.17); Buzz (6.48) and Kurtz (5.24) x2. (Ellis 8.00; Andersen 7.33 and Newman 7.24 - if fit - would not be eligible for r/r rides). That's based on today's averages not sure if they change again for Wednesday after tonight's scores?!

NB. Newman admitted to hospital again so will miss tonight - replaced by Kerr (presumably from the updated EDR list not yet available to the fans?!)

Edited by Skidder1

Kerr is higher up in the draft than Newman according to the latest greensheet available.

Kerr is higher up in the draft than Newman according to the latest greensheet available.

I found that strange as well. Unless it's because his average is now higher. If that's the case then it needs updated.

Lewis Kerr is guesting for Kyle Newman tonight who has been admitted to hospital again

Crap. Get well soon Kyle.