British Speedway Forum
mdmc82

New Averages (team Line Up Changes Updates)

so y was folks on ere shouting bjarnes at reserve?

Cos they thought Brady was swapping with Bjarne.

so y was folks on ere shouting bjarnes at reserve?

Because the BSPA had messed up his average and posted it as 4 on their green sheet. However they have now changed it

it would look even more of a joke if holder the GP leader dropped to reserve :icon_smile_clown:

The way he's riding in the UK this year it wouldn't surprise me to see it happen!!!

• Like 1

While a bit of a farce I am finding the team changes and racing orders slightly fascinating, it is producing some pretty interesting meetings.

What's interesting about it ? Apart from the fact that it reduces the league to a lottery rather than a serious competition, I can't see how a class act like Freddie Lindgren , for example, enhances a meeting by going off as a second string.

There might be some sort of academic fascination to it but for the life of me I don't see how it's going to increase the numbers through the turnstiles, which is really what needs to happen.

• Like 3

Rosco says in this weeks SS they didn't spend enough time on it at the AGM and got it all wrong.

Well change it bloody now ..... recalculate the edr's averages? Edited by Trees
  • Like 1

Rosco says in this weeks SS they didn't spend enough time on it at the AGM and got it all wrong.

nothing new there...

Whilst Newman is injured and in a heat leader position on a 7.24 average, can Poole have a guest up to his average or does it have to be another EDR?

Edited by Islander15

Whilst Newman is injured and in a heat leader position on a 7.24 average, can Poole have a guest up to his average or does it have to be another EDR?

Another EDR or PL rider up to his average I think

• Like 2

E I Addio, on 14 May 2016 - 11:32 PM, said:

What's interesting about it ? Apart from the fact that it reduces the league to a lottery rather than a serious competition, I can't see how a class act like Freddie Lindgren , for example, enhances a meeting by going off as a second string.

There might be some sort of academic fascination to it but for the life of me I don't see how it's going to increase the numbers through the turnstiles, which is really what needs to happen.

Good Post ... I am in total agreement with you . Is it any wonder no credible businessmen from outside Speedway like Mr Hearn as suggested by many , on many occasions, would be willing to come in & overhaul our sport which on the whole left alone without the yearly ridiculous tinkering is actually brilliant to watch !!

yes the averages are an absolute calamity , whats going to happen next season if ellis,klindt,newman,auty,worrall,kurtz,and all the other riders that swap 1-5 to reserve, end the season with ridiculously high averages?

and are teams going to time it so that a 1-5 is at reserve for the play-offs giving them an advantage?

• Like 1

yes the averages are an absolute calamity , whats going to happen next season if ellis,klindt,newman,auty,worrall,kurtz,and all the other riders that swap 1-5 to reserve, end the season with ridiculously high averages?

and are teams going to time it so that a 1-5 is at reserve for the play-offs giving them an advantage?

Over the course of a season it should even itself out, but you'll still end up with some riders with a 7-point average having ridden as a heatleader all year and some with a 7-point average having ridden as a reserve/secondstring.

Kyle Newman is intending to ride on Wednesday against Leicester - weather permitting!!

So after 7 seasons since his Elite League debut Kyle Newman is finally going to be in top 5.

About time & hope it works out for him.

• Like 1