British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
george.m

Edinburgh V Glasgow - League Cup 6th May

The first meeting of the season for speedway's Old Firm at Armadale and an intriguing fixture.

With Tigers qualified for the Semi Finals already all that's at stake is braggin' rights.

Did I say "all"?

The Monarchs are still bedding in. A good away win at Berwick suggested things were heading in the right direction. However, home wins have seen the expected high scores from the top 4 and less than convincing from the rest. Much depends on how the latter fare. The hosts will certainly want a good result to get some momentum going and avenge their Ashfield defeat.

For The Chosen Few, unless something changes mid-week we're back to a fully fit team.

A few with Armadale experience, some not. Time to get some track practice before June's PL fixture.

Can't wait to see the races between Masters and Richie (note the Chatzone rider naming style there!).

For me, just want to see a meeting take place; Tigers fans making their presence felt with plenty of red and white, and noise; and some exciting racing.

Of course I'd like to see us drub them, but with the Semi Final place booked and a full-on schedule of meetings in coming weeks - not least a British Semi Final for some of our boys - I just want to see 7 fully fit riders driving away from Armadale.

Teams - TBC. We all know the riders anyway.

For The Chosen Few it's whether or not Stewart does a tactical change with the riding order from P'boro meeting.

Hope the weather's kind and Glasgow Fans let's repeat the atmosphere from Berwick - Bring your flag!!!

Edited by george.m

The first meeting of the season for speedway's Old Firm at Armadale and an intriguing fixture.

With Tigers qualified for the Semi Finals already all that's at stake is braggin' rights.

Did I say "all"?

The Monarchs are still bedding in. A good away win at Berwick suggested things were heading in the right direction. However, home wins have seen the expected high scores from the top 4 and less than convincing from the rest. Much depends on how the latter fare. The hosts will certainly want a good result to get some momentum going and avenge their Ashfield defeat.

For The Chosen Few, unless something changes mid-week we're back to a fully fit team.

A few with Armadale experience, some not. Time to get some before June's PL fixture.

Can't wait to see the races between Masters and Richie (note the Chatzone rider naming style there!).

For me, just want to see a meeting take place; Tigers fans making their presence felt with plenty of red and white, and noise; and some exciting racing.

Of course I'd like to see us drub them, but with the Semi Final place booked and a full-on schedule of meetings in coming weeks - not least a British Semi Final for some of our boys - I just want to see 7 fully fit riders driving away from Armadale.

Teams - TBC. We all know the riders anyway.

For The Chosen Few it's whether or not Stewart does a tactical change with the riding order from P'boro meeting.

Hope the weather's kind and Glasgow Fans let's repeat the atmosphere from Berwick - Bring your flag!!!

You got jittery fingers this morning George

• Like 1

Seeing as a new thread been created am reposting, wouldn't want people to miss it :neutral:

Think tigers should look at the long term here and allow monarchs to hammer them. Would benefit Scottish speedway as more people would start to go to armadale once they saw they had beaten the speedway stars favourites and would help stop monarchs potentially manipulating there averages :wink:

Meaningless meeting now with the Tigers already through to the semi final , but it would be very nice indeed to go through there on Friday and pump them

• Like 5

All the indications are that Glasgow should win this by more than 8.

Not to be accused of reverse psychology in my prediction, suggest the following factors are relevant:-.

• Glasgow have put together a side that was the Speedway Star pundits choice to win the PL, and so far, they are living up to that.
  • Monarchs have only raced twice at home since the start of the Season and have not had a decent opportunity to get dialled in.
  • The gamble of signing newcomer Jye Etheridge on 5,00 has not been an instant success, and it remains to be seen if he will match the progress of the likes of Somerset's new Aussie, Jake Allen.
  • Dan Bewley is a raw talent who hopefully will translate his potential into points, but it's too early to expect decent scores at the moment.
  • Next to Ricky Wells, Aaron Summers is generally the best visitor to the Dale and Richie Worrall has also matched the homesters top men on previous visits.

Will young Dan be riding NL or pl this Friday as belle vue colts are now riding against mildenhall on Friday

Will young Dan be riding NL or pl this Friday as belle vue colts are now riding against mildenhall on Friday

Not sure. But think he might end up riding NL as our fixture is basically pointless and there's is a league match.

• Like 1

Not sure. But think he might end up riding NL as our fixture is basically pointless and there's is a league match.

But will Belle Vue be on?

But will Belle Vue be on?

Is the new stadium at Belle Vue real , or a myth ?

• Like 2

Any word on Mitchell's visa?

Maybe they could job share?

Mitchell's Visa - good name for a band 🎶

Nice bit of marketing there blobs. But perhaps you could have added tigers will probably not try to hard as they don't want to get injured and they also want to stop monarchs from trying to manipulate they're Average. Try that in your press release

Any word on Mitchell's visa?

Maybe they could job share?

Plenty of British riders about who could share the job with Bewley.

• Like 3

Not very many based on the pre-season trial.

Anyway I like Mitchell Davey!!

Not very many based on the pre-season trial.

Anyway I like Mitchell Davey!!

There is not many that don't, but you're not looking for a nice boy. I would rather have a Nicki Pedersen in my team.

Is he on a 3 point average?

If so go for it.