British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
speedwaysliders

Lakeside "squad System"

Just wondered how Lakeside have been allowed to have a "squad system" this year?!!! Dont get me wrong i like the idea ,but clubs with large asset based riders like Poole,surely it would be in there best interests to declare a list of squad riders,or have i lost my marbles and missed something!!!!?

Just wondered how Lakeside have been allowed to have a "squad system" this year?!!! Dont get me wrong i like the idea ,but clubs with large asset based riders like Poole,surely it would be in there best interests to declare a list of squad riders,or have i lost my marbles and missed something!!!!?

This season EL teams are allowed, in addition to the basic 7 riders, the new foreign 4 point #8 that can replace anyone in the 1-5 at any time, an extra doubling up rider in a shared position and an extra Tier 2 EDR.

• Like 1

Kings Lynn also have a squad in place this season

Thank you,so do you know how i can find the rest of the elite league list of riders that elite league clubs have in their squad system?

Kings Lynn also have a squad in place this season

How have i missed all this?? must pay more attension during the winter months,but thanks for thar.

Best wishes to Dennis Jonsson who has broken his neck in Sweden.

Get well soon.

Best wishes to Dennis Jonsson who has broken his neck in Sweden.

Get well soon.

"Dennis, however, a blessing in disguise, he's full of sensation and movement in the body, except his left foot, but it probably depends on the damage in the knee. Dennis is right now at the hospital Örebro, but waiting to be moved to Uppsala, "writes Masarna on its website.

• Like 1

if poole wanted a squad system then why have they yet to name a rider at number 8?

Because they didn't need to at the start of the season as they had no double-uppers in the 1-5. That has now changed and MF has been quoted as saying he has 3 possible targets for a number 8 and saying that he is 'following all 3' to check their early season form before making any decision.

Its well known that Woryna - a long time Poole fan - was the first choice for a number 8 but he understandably wanted a guarantee of a minimum number of meetings. So he ended up taking the Coventry offer of a 1-5 team place.

I'm sure he's enjoying all the support he's getting from Bees fans???! :D

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

maybe he needs to get a move on a sign one before another rider gets pinched from under his nose :rofl:

fyi woryna loves it a cov

• Like 1

I thought love was a two-way thing?! Clearly not by some of the Bees 'fans' on here who have wanted rid of him as soon as he was signed!!

• Like 1

I thought love was a two-way thing?! Clearly not by some of the Bees 'fans' on here who have wanted rid of him as soon as he was signed!!

As you well know it was because of the numbers being 3 points short. If there was another option Bees fans would've suggested that but there isn't. I think he will become a decent rider, scored 10 against Torun yesterday and i think he beat Hancock twice.

BREAKING: Rob Mear suffers a fractured shoulder blade while riding Grasstrack this afternoon, more to follow from the club.

Its well known that Woryna - a long time Poole fan - was the first choice for a number 8 but he understandably wanted a guarantee of a minimum number of meetings. So he ended up taking the Coventry offer of a 1-5 team place.

I'm sure he's enjoying all the support he's getting from Bees fans???! :D

And that is the problem with a squad system, many riders will want a guarantee number of meetings or a retainer for signing for a squad if not allowed to ride for another club if offered a meeting.

• Like 1