British Speedway Forum
Aces51

Belle Vue V Swindon 11 May, 2016.

I was sat behind the starting gate on the back row M and could see all of the stand E It was at best half full.don`t know about the stand at the front of the start gate. I estimate the back straight stand to be half full.

Yes, near the gate. Looking at the photo it looks half full? Whats the total capacity? Mort told me 6000 and that was before the extra standing went up on the first bend.

Yep about 6000, 1842 grandstand, 3000 backstraight, 900 1st bend and few hundred on 3rd/4th bend if required. Extra 3000 seats going on 3rd/4th bend for World Cup.

Don't think I've ever come away from a defeat so happy. What a joy to watch at the NSS. The Aces will get dialed in and the track will produce more racing lines in time.

Swindon, as a few weeks ago gave the race rusty Aces a gating lesson and throughly deserved their win.

I look forward to another play off contest with you guys at seasons end.

Happy times.

• Like 3

About 1500-2000 I'd say.

Heatleaders let us down badly tonight, Zagar and Nicholls were poor, Cook started off well then went rapidly downhill too. Steve Worrall was very inconsistent. Doyle probably would have scored twice the amount then Harris did.

First 5 heats were processional but then racing got better as some dirt generated. Track still very slick as it beds in, needs more dirt on the outside as that is a very long way round, will get better.

Not that many, grandstand was half full so that was 900 and would say about 600-800 or so on back straight and about 100 on first bend.

Id say over 1000 in the grandstand and over a 1000 in southstand, probably over estimated with 3000 but defo over 2k

Absolutely didn't see that coming

Congratulations to the Robins on their away win

Pity Poole couldn't win away too................

Don't think I've ever come away from a defeat so happy. What a joy to watch at the NSS. The Aces will get dialed in and the track will produce more racing lines in time.

Swindon, as a few weeks ago gave the race rusty Aces a gating lesson and throughly deserved their win.

I look forward to another play off contest with you guys at seasons end.

Happy times.

only seen snippets on phone/you tube, but yes, it looks an amazing modern day speedway track, with many passing line, unlike your old track

A deserved win for the Robins. Tungate at reserve was the main difference but the Robins were fairly solid throughout. Good to see Nielsen scoring well.

For the Aces nobody was consistent. Zagar had one of his off nights but was trying different lines later on but just couldn't get enough drive out wide. Jacobs showed he is capable of scoring points and did well to hold off the two Robins for a heat 9, 5-1.

There were some decent races but the track needs time to bed in and for the dirt to be built up before we shall see it at its best.

I still had to pinch myself to believe we've actually got such a brilliant stadium with excellent viewing facilities that allow you to be so close to the racing.

• Like 4

Rohan Tungate - you little beauty!

• Like 2

Great that the first EL match is over and I am sure that things will get better and better looking forward to many years of speedway in a first class setting .

Perhaps I was expecting too much after looking forward to this meeting. It was very disappointing indeed.

I arrived at about 615 and found that you could purchase a specific seat in the grandstand, rather than just a seat. This meant that people were taking 5 minutes to do so which might not seem a long time but when there are a 1,000 or more doing so..........it didn't surprise me the start was delayed.

I wanted to stand on the first bend and was given a ticket for the south terrace. I was then assured I could go on the first bend, only to be told by security staff that I could not. I was then told that I could gain access to the first bend from the south terrace, which you can if you are prepared to walk on the track. First night maybe, but that's a shambles.

I hadn't been impressed with the presentation on Friday but last night it was worse. The announcer constantly made mistakes, while the presenter is a graduate with honours from the Mike 'I am the star of the show' Bennett academy. As I said on Friday, bring back Natalie Quirk & Ken Wrench.

Of course none of that would have mattered much if the racing had been good and after Jon Armstrong's fantastic ride on Friday I was certain we would get a lot more. We didn't.

It was a gaters paradise in which if you jumped from the start and sat on the kerb you would win. Any passing that there was came from riders drifting wide and it was painful to watch the likes of Zagar, Cook & Nielsen hammering round the outside only to lose yards. I don't know who prepared that track, but I'd be surprised if it was Colin Meredith and one fan on the mic even wanted to go back to Kirky Lane. I'd go as far as to say that the track played a substantial part in Belle Vue losing.

The way I saw it, and for anything but the first time, British Speedway had a superb opportunity to promote itself and blew it.

A great win for the Robins i must say this side keeps surprising me but along way to go yet.Fingers crossed with this track hope it beds down and produces the racing the home fan deserve.

A great win for the Robins i must say this side keeps surprising me but along way to go yet.Fingers crossed with this track hope it beds down and produces the racing the home fan deserve.

Apart from Steve Brum, I think we were all surprised Sidney, And nice sentiments fella,

It will be interesting to see how they do once Tungate moves back into the top 5 on Monday.

Good win tonight though

Think Rohan can push on now i think away he really can make a difference mega quick when in front.At home is where he needs to improve he will I believe.I think i was one of a few that was not bothered when Rohan replaced Dakota i personally rate him higher.I think Tungate/Wright/Sedgy are the riders that could make/break Swindons season the worry for me is Poole will make another change at some stage.?
  • Like 2

So who will be changing places with Rohan at the next green sheet issue, will Charles return or will Justin take a turn?.

It is great to see last 4 scores, 4 wins 51 - 40, 50 - 42, 50 - 40, 50 - 40.

Just need to keep getting to 50 against Kings Lynn away and at home next week and especially those pesky pirates.

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 2