British Speedway Forum
Phil The Ace

Belle Vue Colts-v- Eastbourne Eagles 13/5/16

So next to test the new track is the eastbourne eagles.

TEAMS - FRIDAY MAY 13TH

Belle Vue Cool Running Colts

Matt Williamson ©; David Holt; Rob Shuttleworth; Tom Woolley; Lee Payne; Joe Lawlor; Andy Mellish

Team Managers: Graham Goodwin & Steve Williams

Eastbourne IT First Eagles

Robert Branford (G); Ryan Macdonald (G); Jack Parkinson-Blackburn (G); Georgie Wood; Jake Knight; Luke Harris; Charley Powell

Team Manager: Jason Pipe

Adam Ellis on holiday???? Was looking forward to seeing him so very disappointed. Rubbish excuse not to come and shouldn't really get a facility.

And also ain't Jason pipe buttons manager or am I wrong. Sorry if I am

I wouldn't blame Adam this was probably arranged before he signed with the Eagles for the rest of the season

Yeh. Can understand this. But they wouldn't allow a PL or a EL rider to have a facility for a rider on holiday mid season.

No Dan Bewley this week as he is riding for Edinburgh. According to the Belle Vue website "Bewley’s absence is a reciprocal gesture to the Monarchs’ promotion for their co-operation with his appearance for the Colts last Friday. Belle Vue will hereafter take priority over the 16 year-old"

It is thanks to Edinburgh that Bewley rode in the first meeting as this was a rearranged meeting and therefore Edinburgh had preference. Seeing Bewley in the first meeting will have helped future attendances at our new home and today's reciprocal agreement makes great common sense.

Belle Vue will have preference over Edinburgh in future as he is our asset.... unless we have to rearrange a meeting and then hopefully m the management will do their best not to have a clash.

I thought Ellis had a continental meeting at the weekend, but I may be wrong.

And yes Phil, Jason Pipe is Buxton's manager.

The Eagles website is obviously out of date because they still have R/R for Perks. Why replace him with Blackburn when they could have given an extra ride to Branford, Knight and Wood?

Perhaps when they were refused permission for him to replace Cottham they did not want to let him down, or alternatively they were worried about coming down to 5 riders if there was another accident bearing in mind the accidents we have been having with comparatively Rookies.

Either way I think the scenario changes again from too close to call, to a colts victory with eagles looking for a match point.

As an after thought, as there are now four with 3.0 average can they choose which 2 are Reserves?

Eastbourne will have to stick with their 2 usual reserves. The other 2 are guesting for riders in the 1-5 so must ride in them positions

So there is no upside at all they are going in with a team average of 34.04. Now even a point seems a bit of a pipe dream (excuse the pun)

Looking at teams now I'd give the Colts the edge, Eagles looking for a point I think. Shame I can'tell be there due to work commitments, c'mon the Eagles!

Branford is a top number 1, JPB has heat leader potential and Ryan MacDonald will be present. I can see Wood, Knight, Powell & Harris all having a liking to a bigger circuit with their grasstrack backgrounds so wouldn't worry too much about the Eagles + friends.

The Belle Vue team looks solid but no Bewley is clearly a big miss and a lot will hinge on how Wooley & Holt perform. Think Eastbourne are capable of a point at least if all the guests are putting the effort in but im going for 45-45.

• Like 1

So there is no upside at all they are going in with a team average of 34.04. Now even a point seems a bit of a pipe dream (excuse the pun)

You can't judge it like that.

Blackburn is only on a 3.00 because he's a newcomer to the league not because that's his ability level.

When Blackburn gets a real average I'd expect it will be similar or possibly better than Perks.

• Like 1

Well wood is or was stuck on M20 so may not see him if no one rescued him!

You can't judge it like that.

Blackburn is only on a 3.00 because he's a newcomer to the league not because that's his ability level.

When Blackburn gets a real average I'd expect it will be similar or possibly better than Perks.

I would think Blackburn should be good for at least 9 ,in calculations . so it sort of levels things a little