British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Danish Gp Horsens 11th June 2016

Its certainly NOT there for the taking. There are riders who also have the same ability and if he wins it he will have worked very hard for it. He certainly isnt going to be given it.

He is joint top after 3 rounds and hasn't hit top form yet. Hancock will be his biggest threat but can only see Tai getting stronger as the series goes on. Lets hope we have a 3x World Champion for the UK how amazing that would be for British Speedway

• Like 1

He is joint top after 3 rounds and hasn't hit top form yet. Hancock will be his biggest threat but can only see Tai getting stronger as the series goes on. Lets hope we have a 3x World Champion for the UK how amazing that would be for British Speedway

British speedway wont gain from it as he doesnt ride here. May as well be any jonny foreigner it will have the same effect. Ziltch.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 1

Good GP in Denmark tonight,some hard riding,

Just one gripe, why when the racing is so good , does no one in the stadium look excited, unless its one of the home riders winning or its Pedersen passing a helpless Greg Hancock

Good GP in Denmark tonight,some hard riding,

Just one gripe, why when the racing is so good , does no one in the stadium look excited, unless its one of the home riders winning or its Pedersen passing a helpless Greg Hancock

Same in Sweden. They are passionless. Thats why watching swedish league is so flat. They sit on the banks having a picnic or beer and politely clap.

Same in Sweden. They are passionless. Thats why watching swedish league is so flat. They sit on the banks having a picnic or beer and politely clap.

To be fair you don't see much atmosphere anywhere in speedway stadiums these days. Even in the GP's in Poland the fans only get excited if the Pole's are winning

• Like 1

I agree. What's strange is he beats most of these riders in the EL but for some reason not in SGP. Does he use a different mechanic and team for the two different competitions?

I'll think you'll find the GP's are a tad more harder then the EL.

Who on earth told him to wear that? lol

Taking the mickey? :lol:

I agree. What's strange is he beats most of these riders in the EL but for some reason not in SGP. Does he use a different mechanic and team for the two different competitions?

To be honest I'm quite prepared to accept poor scoring from Chris in the GPs as long as he continues to excite and entertain me (and turn up!) as he has for years in league racing.

As one who was privileged to watch Peter Collins and Chris Morton regularly at Belle Vue and the likes of Zenon Plech, Barry Thomas and Dave Morton round Hackney in my formative years I will always respect and admire a racer and domestically Chris is one of the best we currently have.

Aha

I'm watching in the pub so with football on a couple of tellies and speedway on the other we couldn't hear the commentary.

Well done for getting it shown on a night like this.

Thank god our speedway fans didn't decide to warm up for the event by fighting anyone they could find in Horsens....

Well is that a first.Having just watched the recording the commentators say Iversen has got excluded for looking at an opposing rider :D .Seems to me that riders are actually getting that bit tougher with Pedersen now,his days are gone now I think.

Well is that a first.Having just watched the recording the commentators say Iversen has got excluded for looking at an opposing rider :D .Seems to me that riders are actually getting that bit tougher with Pedersen now,his days are gone now I think.

It wasn't just that he looked at him but that it was suggesting he was eyeing up his target.

It wasn't just that he looked at him but that it was suggesting he was eyeing up his target.

I doubt he was doing that ....

I'll think you'll find the GP's are a tad more harder then the EL.

Yes of course but what I mean is he beats those same riders he's against in the GP in the EL, e.g, Doyle, Holder, Magic, Kildemand, NKI, AJ, Lindgren.

However in the GP he doesn't always mix it with them.

I thought it was an excellent GP I think it will be tough for Tai to retain his title (not saying he won't) but that would make all the better,did I hear right that Hancock is racing for another 3yrs ?.Love or hate him he is amazing to be one of the top 3 riders in the world at his age and raced as hard as anyone else last night and never complains about his workload either .

I thought it was an excellent GP I think it will be tough for Tai to retain his title (not saying he won't) but that would make all the better,did I hear right that Hancock is racing for another 3yrs ?.Love or hate him he is amazing to be one of the top 3 riders in the world at his age and raced as hard as anyone else last night and never complains about his workload either .

never complains about his workload- apart from last week http://www.speedwaygp.com/news/article/4923/travelling-troubles ;)