British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Danish Gp Horsens 11th June 2016

Not really cos it only happened once a year ;)

And that's why it wasn't a total reflection of who was best. The GP series is better and fairer imo

• Like 1

Didn't watch the GP at the weekend and although it seems from comments that many found it enjoyable I can't say I missed it. I'm just bored with the GP circus, Jonsson vs Pedersen or whatever, seems to have been the same old riders for years now and I couldn't care who wins. I think there are simply too many rounds and that makes each GP not particularly significant - shame, because it's a sport I love but I'd much rather be following a team or even GB in a test series.

I'm sorry to say I agree with all that. I watched it and it was very entertaining but it's like killing the goose that laid the golden egg. Too many rounds. As for the interviews - they're just bland and tell us nothing. I used to auto record the GPs but now I scan the listings to see if anythings on - and there it was.

Scotty comes up trumps again IMO for being informative to the uninitiated without being patronising.

Didn't watch the GP at the weekend and although it seems from comments that many found it enjoyable I can't say I missed it. I'm just bored with the GP circus, Jonsson vs Pedersen or whatever, seems to have been the same old riders for years now and I couldn't care who wins. I think there are simply too many rounds and that makes each GP not particularly significant - shame, because it's a sport I love but I'd much rather be following a team or even GB in a test series.

I hope your not going to tell us you turning to watch F1. If you not seen a speedway gp this year then you missing a treat. Three meetings so far on three well prepared tracks with excellent racing at all three.

Have to say the world feed was a bit flat this time without the commentary.Strange how that can affect my viewing as I thought it an average GP

But no way would I want to swap watching the best riders in the world up against each other for some Anglo-Nordic Final where 12 of the 16 riders qualify for the next round.......

I hope your not going to tell us you turning to watch F1. If you not seen a speedway gp this year then you missing a treat. Three meetings so far on three well prepared tracks with excellent racing at all three.

Ha, no - lost interest in F! many many years ago. You can get close/exciting racing at all levels but if the result doesn't mean anything to you then it loses its appeal, especially when there are so many rounds. That was my point.

Edited by SPEEDY69
  • Like 1

YOUR loss. A great meeting, plenty pf passing, controversy, young blood in Janowski, Zmarzlik and Pawlicki, an Englishman chasing a third title, plenty to get excited about.

• Like 3

Did anyone go to Horsens ? How expensive is Denmark for food & drink. ?

Did anyone go to Horsens ? How expensive is Denmark for food & drink. ?

WASN'T there this year but much depends on the currency exchange rate and Scandinavian countries are never cheap.

• Like 1

And that's why it wasn't a total reflection of who was best. The GP series is better and fairer imo

I would say both competitions are completely different. The one off World Final meant you could not really afford a bad ride. The pressure must have been very intense to say the least. You had to put together five good rides, no second chances. Where as In the GP's it's all about accumulating points throughout the series. Tai said in an interview, that he was quite happy just to get into the final. To him winning was not the most important thing, but to keep raking up the points. Imo both are just as good as the other.

Didnt watch it. Been busy watching Euro 2016 where players represent their coumtries instead of just themselves and their sponsors but nevertheless good job Magic.

Very good meeting if you get the opportunity to watch a replay, do so

Didnt watch it. Been busy watching Euro 2016 where players represent their coumtries instead of just themselves and their sponsors but nevertheless good job Magic.

One or 2 football players in a similar position to Rune Holta or Tai Woffinden in France.Note the England goal scorer was born in England but grew up and learnt his trade in Portugal.The Russian goalkeeper Guilherme Marinato was born and grew up in Brazil and Roman Neustädter was born in USSR(Ukraine) but grew up and played for Germany and only got his Russian pass a couple of weeks ago just in time to make his debut on 1st of june ;)

Edited by iris123

Thanks for an advice but I'm not really interested in GP tbh.

Then why bother posting? :blink:

• Like 1

Then why bother posting? :blink:

Likely a OneSport lackey..

the kind of which have gone very quiet of late...

just got round to watching it , cracking gp I thought. what happened in the first running of the final as it was missed off the recording. don't know how I did it but saw a picture of kildemand on top of the rostrum before I started to watch it and didn't realise it was from last year so thought hed won it again. doh