British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Belle Vue Aces 23/5/16 Sky Meeting

anyone would have to still fancy poole for the league, if it was the traditional league maybe not, but you just know poole will come strong or change the line up. for those that want the play offs, don't moan when poole win!

• Like 1

Rattled a lot tonight are you, with all the swearing.

Rattled no, entertained yet 😂😂

Just tuned into this and as I don't have sky you can imagine how chuffed I feel right now.

4 points at Poole, what more can anyone want. :approve:

Well what do I know about forecasting results, I will have to forecast a twenty point defeat more often if it means Belle Vue get an away win.

The only thing I got right was that if the track did not suit Poole, BV would stand a chance Holder in particular was not happy.

Great win though, anyone know what the bookies odds were for an away team eight point win.

Think Poole should have another go at re-laying the track within a week again seeing as it's been so good since the last effort a couple of years ago :lol:

Yes, mainly Coventry fans. Shows how much they know!

I'm pretty sure Pearsen isn't a Coventry fan 😉

Nicholls superb all night passing riders.

Cook followed Nicholls through for a 5-1 in one ride.

B Pedersen even passed someone,even though he didnt want to do it!!!

Steve Worrell superb all night

Zagar lovely ride to pass BP

Just shows if you are prepared to get stuck in and are in the right frame of mind ,you get your rewards,unlike some pampered so called stars of speedway who were well below their best.!!!

• Like 1

Just tuned into this and as I don't have sky you can imagine how chuffed I feel right now.

4 points at Poole, what more can anyone want. :approve:

As a neutral I am equally chuffed😉

• Like 2

WHY does Matt NEVER do anything about it???

wonder if they thought they were going to be kicked out the stadium so never bothered spending/sorting it ...

• Like 1

What an embarrassing advert for British speedway. Compare what you can watch from Poland yesterday and what Sweden will be like tomorrow to what we have seen this evening, just another reason British speedway is a joke these days.

Thought it was a decent enough meeting, hardly an embarrassing advert for British speedway. Watched the Torun meeting and it was hardly full of passing was it?

• Like 4

I thought Middledicks comment about Jacobs making a meal out of it is a disgrace when Kurtz clearly wiped him out..and moaning about the system now Newman's struggling (the P in BSPA must stand for Poole!) That's why Poole are hated..all good when its going good but talking crap when it don't...up the Aces.

• Like 2

First of all well done to Belle Vue on the win. It was obvious from the early heats that some of the Poole riders didn't fancy it and were bucking and rearing when they usually were at full throttle. Holder losing to anaway reserve by 60 metres in his first ride gave out a large warning to what was to come. I spoke to him briefly and said I hope you have the engine from yesterday with you tonight and he said in not so many words, you must be joking. Well it was clear to every Poole fan in the stadium and watching on Sky that Holder was just going through the motions. Just 24 hours previous he was beating Woffinden three times on his way to an immaculate 15 point max in Poland. Then he turns up and is stuffed by a reserve. Not acceptable. I can understand he thinks the track is crap etc, but come on Poole fans deserve better from a rider leading the World Championship.

Interestingly, the track was very heavily watered before the meeting and my footage of the track I filmed earlier, and put up a link, shows pools of water on the track. Did they over do it? From heat 13 with Poole on a 5-1 and Hans overdoing it and knocking Zagar off, the track rode far better. Zagar came out full throttle and made a sweeping move with no problems. In heat 15 Nichols did the same. But far too late from the track which caused the riders, especially the home side, serious issues.

After Swindon next week, the track will not be used in June until the end of the month. Plenty of time for Matt Ford to talk to the riders, ask their opinion and do something about it. The track is one of the best for racing and there's always a ton of passing, even tonight proved that, but it really does need to be smoothed out.

As for tonight, first of all Poole.

Hans did his job, cant complain really. Even if Poole had got the 5-1 in heat 13 we would still have been beaten.

Bjarne I thought was excellent. First meeting at Poole and battled for everything. Made a good pass as well.

Kyle could not have had a harder return. In the heat leader spot and against a side who have a very strong top five. Had a good battle with Fricke.

Holder scored ten but it was seriously going through the motions. Losing to Worrall is completely unacceptable. Poole fans can see the lack of effort.

Kylmakorpi battled but was never a substitute for Buck.

Brady was poor IMO. Should have done better. Knocking off a rider who he should beat easily summed up his and Pooles night.

Ellis had his worst meeting. Bike problems didn't help.

For BV

Zagar started with a blip but was then untouchable.

Fricke was solid

Cook had one decent ride but didn't do very much.

R Worral picked up points along the way.

Nicholls was excellent but again he really shouldn't be beating Holder in heat 14.

Jacobs was out of his depth.

S Worrall gave a display of gating and won Belle Vue the meeting. Funny how he guested for Poole a couple of weeks ago and scored 2 or 3 at Leicester.

Belle Vue deserved the win. No doubt about it they were up for it as the Poole riders talked themselves out of it.

Well done to them.

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure Pearsen isn't a Coventry fan 😉

I said mainly ;) and I meant on here! :D

wonder if they thought they were going to be kicked out the stadium so never bothered spending/sorting it ...

No, Matt just doesn't want to!!!

I thought Middledicks comment about Jacobs making a meal out of it is a disgrace when Kurtz clearly wiped him out..and moaning about the system now Newman's struggling (the P in BSPA must stand for Poole!) That's why Poole are hated..all good when its going good but talking crap when it don't...up the Aces.

Havvy is still worse!! :D

This track is F@@@@@G DISGUSTING!

I couldnt care less about the result.

I just hope all the riders walk out of tonight's meeting with no injuries.

Calm down, bit of an over reaction methinks.