British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Belle Vue Aces 23/5/16 Sky Meeting

Obsession?

Most of the Poole fans on here came on and congratulated Belle Vue and moaned about the track.

Starman bangs on and on about how wonderful the Poole track is so i was hoping for his views? I was hoping for his views on how poor and uninterested Holder was. His views on Kurtz continually overriding.

With regards to Newman ive recently had a Poole fan banging on how he should be seeded to the British Final as he could possibly win it!!

Newman in my eyes isnt as good as Garrity or Worrall and he looked very poor last night

But anyone sane wouldn't want Starman to comment, enjoy the peace while it lasts!! ;)

Regarding Newman you do seem to put him up against other riders a lot and continue to say he isn't much good or implying it Imo. I haven't seen a Poole fan that said that he should be seeded though, so just going on what you said :)

Anyone who missed it - or wants to see Poole lose at home again have a look here http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=81405

No thanks!!! Once is enough

It's an on going problem at Poole with their rich promotion not getting to grips with it, yeah if it's potentially dangerous I wouldn't expect 100%. And come on, Holder knows every inch of that track, he has been great over the years, he's clearly peed off about his track ...

His track?? Well if Chris owns it, he better sort it out then!! :D

So after a later than usual night at Wimborne Road (enjoying the sponsor's hospitality) and a bit of a lie-in this morning, I thought I'd check on the thread and see if I would be surprised at (m)any of the posts?! The quick answer to that - is NO.

Well done to Belle Vue - I personally congratulated Mark Lemon and Scotty at the end (I sponsored both when they rode for Poole) - much the better side on the night. It'll be interesting to see how S.Worrall (Sponsor's Rider of the Night!!) fares when he's in the 1-5 in June - yes I know he beat some decent riders last night too!!

As for the track, it does need to be re-bladed to get rid of 'the waves' - whether it will be tackled in June remains to be seen!!?.

Other than that and the overwatering (which was understandable after a day of sunshine and no rain!!!) I don't think there was too much wrong with the track prep. The 4th bend falls by Hans and Bjarne were caused as much by them taking the wide line into the wet heavy stuff, when they are both traditionally white line riders.

The new pairings didn't help the Poole team either, but hey ho the world hasn't ended just because Poole have been beaten at home for once - fairly and squarely too.

Just a final word about Kyle Newman.......His first proper meeting back after his injury and clearly he has lost a bit of race fitness as well as being a little tentative. He'll be ok, as will the Pirates when they bounce back.

In the meantime, the knack for Matt and Middlo will be to keep the team in 4th spot whilst seeing what changes the averages will allow come August. If they can do that, then that's 'Magic'!!! :-) :-)

ps. I predicted 43-47 so wasn't far wrong!! And my fantasy team did very well too - thank you both teams!!

Might be sponsors (Piratecast) but they get the Poole fans (or any other fans who areon twitter that sees it) to choose who gets it and they chose Stevie Worrall. Not so biased are we!!!! :D Edited by lisa-colette

So after a later than usual night at Wimborne Road (enjoying the sponsor's hospitality) and a bit of a lie-in this morning, I thought I'd check on the thread and see if I would be surprised at (m)any of the posts?! The quick answer to that - is NO.

Glad you enjoyed your sponsors' largesse. Shame about the ordinary people, eh?

Lots of riders slating the state of the track on Twitter although they don't seem surprised so I assume it's never great. It was only a couple of weeks ago Thorssell was calling it dangerous.

The track clearly needs a lot of work to rectify the problem soon before somebody comes away from there with a bad injury.

Holder is clearly going through the motions, but good on him for speaking his mind about the track.

Great win last night and a real boost to our season, just need to get dialled in at home now and we have a great chance of the title.

Well, well, well...the same old guff being regurgitated once again.

Poole were well and truly beaten by a far better side on the night who wanted it more on a worse than usual woeful track. That's all that happened people.

Back in the real world the EL isn't won or lost in May so one home loss is hardly anything to be concerned about.

Well done Belle Vue :t:

• Like 3

If its Gerard Richter (and I think it is) he's anything but clueless.

Lakeside, hmm, another track most are less than complimentary about

Track seemed fine to me (a complete Neutral)

Belle Vue boys handled it just fine.

Holder as skipper should have dealt with it a lot better.

Pretty sure Hans is captain.
  • Like 1

It's called 'a clueless track man'.

You are the one that's clueless, making such an idiotic post without knowing what Gerald wanted to do ages ago and what he was not allowed to do by Matt Ford.

You are the one that's clueless, making such an idiotic post without knowing what Gerald wanted to do ages ago and what he was not allowed to do by Matt Ford.

Why wasn't he allowed to do what he wanted to do? I thought they ripped the track up not that long ago to sort it out.

I saw @jacobthorssell say that the track was crap a few weeks ago and got nothing but abuse from the Poole fans. Is the track still good or?

• Like 1

I saw @jacobthorssell say that the track was crap a few weeks ago and got nothing but abuse from the Poole fans. Is the track still good or?

I think Klindt put it better personally.
  • Like 1

Which was ?

Hans is Captain.

Very entertaining meeting i thought, i like a rough track as it always sorts the men out from the boys...

I understand what you are saying but seeing riders bounce around bends 3 & 4 was dangerous (Andersen & Pedersen). Also a couple of ruts on the inside.

New Post:

Well done to Hans, Bjarne, & JK last night. Those 3 riders tried their best knowing how difficult the conditions were.

C Holder please can we just sack the bloke. Chris does not want to ride for Poole. MF really needs to come to a mutual agreement. Half a straight behind S Worrall in his own backyard sums it up.

Luckily we signed Bjarne otherwise last night it would of been a hammering with Davey and Chris in the same team on that track.

Luckily Craig Cook had a poor night...