British Speedway Forum

so is this true or is it just attention seeking ?

Pot kettle black!
  • Like 2

This team will push up the league its young and exciting.

Any team who reckons a top six finish is a done deal think again, Plymouth will be there come playoff time. I really hope the stadium is packed every week to back the promotion for piecing together a superb team.

• Like 3

Super looking team now. I am not sure Brady was particularly enamoured with the track at the SBA, but sure as hell he will do his best to get to grips with it soonest.

This signing will make for some tasty local derbies now!!

A smaller more technical track might help bradys overall development we all know how good he is at the ota,sheffield and peterborough this could be a factor. Stefan neilsen has always been poor at plymouth in the past but now he looks pretty good at home

Super looking team now. I am not sure Brady was particularly enamoured with the track at the SBA, but sure as hell he will do his best to get to grips with it soonest.

This signing will make for some tasty local derbies now!!

We might beat the rebs by more than last season in the pl😊😊 Edited by lewy

Great signing for Plymouth, don`t know for sure, but if Brady had wanted to do Prem at the beginning of the season i reckon he would still be at Somerset. If he can`t put bums on seats there they all want shooting, so come on Plymouth get behind your team.All the very best young man.

• Like 1

Cracking looking team, might just be a dark horse for a play off spot. Lets hope the work that the Plymouth promotion have done in putting the team together is rewarded at the turnstiles.

• Like 5

My mind is moving forward to the pair,if everyone stays fit this year may be the best yet,guys give him time to learn the SBA ,small tracks were his problem but given time this may make Brady a more complete rider,not keen on him in a Plymouth bib but it happens so best of luck to him but not scoring well at the OTA!

It's an admission that Brady should never have left Somerset

He could have kept his confidence high whilst adjusting to life in the EL- wouldn't be surprised to see him back at the OTA next season.

• Like 2

Good signing for Plymouth, but shows a complete lack of ambition from Brady to return to the Premier League a few months into the start of the season.

I understand he hasn't been massively impressive for Poole and I wonder just how much the Darcy Ward accident is effecting him after his form tailed off at the end of last year too. Hope he manages to turn it round as he promised so much whilst riding for Somerset.

his form didnt tail off that much after the darcy ward accident did it, only went and won the national title in aussie. :oops:

• Like 1

Good signing for Plymouth, but shows a complete lack of ambition from Brady to return to the Premier League a few months into the start of the season.

I understand he hasn't been massively impressive for Poole and I wonder just how much the Darcy Ward accident is effecting him after his form tailed off at the end of last year too. Hope he manages to turn it round as he promised so much whilst riding for Somerset.

Crap post you don't have a clue what you are on about!!
  • Like 2

Crap post you don't have a clue what you are on about!!

Care to explain how?

his form didnt tail off that much after the darcy ward accident did it, only went and won the national title in aussie. :oops:

I was referring to riding for Somerset, where he didn't reach the heights that he did at the start to mid season form.

Care to explain how?

Because, as Pirate Nick has pointed out, this is nothing to do with a lack of ambition - a comment that I suspect was motivated by spite - and is all about a lack of rides.

Its not a bad move for Kurtz, its a very good one. Hopefully he will both make a lot more money and get the additional confidence that winning races as a PL no1 will provide while still having the opportunity to compete at the highest level. Good for him, good for Poole and good for Plymouth.

To return to lack of ambition, my understanding is that initially Kurtz stated he didn't want to go back to the PL.

I'm not going to get carried away by this signing - as some seem to have done - regarding Plymouth's play off possibilities but it does give them (at least on paper) a very young, attractive side.

Lets hope that they get the attendances that this team deserves.

Edited by Halifaxtiger

Because, as Pirate Nick has pointed out, this is nothing to do with a lack of ambition - a comment that I suspect was motivated by spite - and is all about a lack of rides. So that opinion doesn't add up at all.

Its not a bad move for Kurtz, its a very good one. Hopefully he will both make a lot more money and get the additional confidence that winning races as a PL no1 will provide while still having the opportunity to compete at the highest level. Good for him, good for Poole and good for Plymouth.

To return to lack of ambition, my understanding is that initially Kurtz stated he didn't want to go back to the PL.

I'm not going to get carried away by this signing - as some seem to have done - regarding Plymouth's play off possibilities but it does give them (at least on paper) a very young, attractive side.

Lets hope that they get the attendances that this team deserves.

You are entitled to suspect what you like, but my opinion isn't based on spite. If it was, why would I of wished him well? :blink:

I think the reason he wasn't at Somerset was a combination of as you say he didn't particularly want the PL originally and also a huge number of fixtures clashes so I'm led to believe.

Edited by Najjer