British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Panthers89

Scunthorpe Vs Peterborough 30/5/16 Pl

All they did was pop round the tapes not cross the centre green like lyager did. They probably went a foot over the grass, never an exclusion and marge made correct call

Henning Bager done just that at Newcastle and got excluded and we couldn't have a reserve replacement

Henning Bager done just that at Newcastle and got excluded and we couldn't have a reserve replacement

Scunny were allowed to bring in a reserve.... I despair with the rules of speedway.

Scunny were allowed to bring in a reserve.... I despair with the rules of speedway.

Rule 5.4.4 clearly states... No Motorcycle to be ridden on the Infield nor in the Pits (except the designated area). What it doesn't say (or at least I don't think it does) is what the penalty is for committing such an offence. Mondays Ref suggested the offence is dealt with in the same way as any other starting offence... therefore 15m or a reserve replacement.

Rule 5.4.4 clearly states... No Motorcycle to be ridden on the Infield nor in the Pits (except the designated area). What it doesn't say (or at least I don't think it does) is what the penalty is for committing such an offence. Mondays Ref suggested the offence is dealt with in the same way as any other starting offence... therefore 15m or a reserve replacement.

That's what Scott Courtney thought as well, as did the announcer Roy Clarke

So if a riders bike is sick does he now have to dismount and push it onto the centre green or stay on the track?

• Like 1

So if a riders bike is sick does he now have to dismount and push it onto the centre green or stay on the track?

A very good point, good our rulebook isn't it.

If his bike is sick I guess he is out of the race. Surely pushing a dead / poorly bike to the edge of the green is quite different to riding on it.

If his bike is sick I guess he is out of the race. Surely pushing a dead / poorly bike to the edge of the green is quite different to riding on it.

Yes, common sense isn't it, rather than blame "a badly written rule book". FFS

Common sense in Speedway & especially with interpreting rules?? Amazing...