British Speedway Forum
Aces51

Belle Vue V Coventry 30th May, 2016

wrong, when you buy online there is an option to choose ones seat, I use this option every time. For the PCMT i was sat in the grandstand, Block C row F seat 55, that is until they called the meeting off, but you get my drift

You misread Steves post. He was suggesting the solution, not stating how things currently are.

Heat 4 from yesterday, Steve Worrall off 15m

http://www.speedwaygb.co/news.php?extend.30574

This was a good race but there were better ones!

Definitely looks like the track us reminiscent of Hyde Rd, with plenty of lines and room to pass inside or out.

I'm sure i read somewhere before that garrity wasn't very good. Well I'll have you know I thought he was blood fantastic. Very entertaining. Rode brilliantly

I love watching the desire for speedway he has. It can get frustrating when he's having bike problems a lot but when he's not he's brilliant to watch and a true racer

I hope he can do well in the British final at Belle Vue. Hearing lots of positives about your track 👍🏻

Edited by mdmc82

If they want to encourage people to print their ticket at home and cut back on the queues and meeting delays, they've got to start charging the same price at the window. Some people will not pay the extra £1 on principle.

• Like 1

Absolutely agree. And still think letting people choose their seat is wrong with a queue. People buying online can pick but really the person in the ticket office should just allocate a seat to the buyer.

If they dont like the seat then move after the first heat to an empty one in a better position.

The delays to gdt in are unnecassary.

Absolutely agree. And still think letting people choose their seat is wrong with a queue. People buying online can pick but really the person in the ticket office should just allocate a seat to the buyer.

If they dont like the seat then move after the first heat to an empty one in a better position.

So what was the reason for the queues at Swindon on Thursday then. And how about a few years ago at poole for the best play offs. Massive queues there

simple really, if nothing changes then just start the meeting at the correct time, that'll get the line moving.

Why the hell you need to book a seat is beyond me, yes, at the WTC and BF I can see this but not a league meeting.

• Like 1

Everybody was in the stadium by 12.15. I've experienced similar delays of 15 minutes and longer many, many times at lots of meetings at tracks all over the country, so why all this fuss. There was a similar delay at Swindon but nobody seems to be questioning it.

The Swindon queues were volume of people. No way if speeding it up as you walked up to the turnstile, paid your cash and you were in. Could not have been done any faster.

BV. Queue up then slowly get to the ticket office and wait your turn. "Which tickets do you want, Edna"? "Aye"? "Where shall we sit, love"? "Aye"? The ticket girl shows the screen. "Whats all that then"?. The ticket girl explains the green seats are avalable still. "Two then please". "Which ones"? "Near the Lavvy".

Finally the tickets are printed and paid for. The couple then head for the next queue to get in, along with a bag search where banana sandwich and flask are confiscated as dangerous weapons. "However our food outlets offer a superb range of overpriced beverages and dried out pies".

The queues at the ticket office move forward one pace.

"Next"!

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 3

Everybody was in the stadium by 12.15. I've experienced similar delays of 15 minutes and longer many, many times at lots of meetings at tracks all over the country, so why all this fuss. There was a similar delay at Swindon but nobody seems to be questioning it.

Im with you in the main, but a slow moving queue isn't exactly ideal.

I've opted for print at home but while the extra quid isn't going to break the bank, it irks me.

Edited by Notenoughnerve

.....and there are no seats to be pre-booked or allocated at Swindon either!! :D

The Swindon queues were volume of people. No way if speeding it up as you walked up to the turnstile, paid your cash and you were in. Could not have been done any faster.

BV. Queue up then slowly get to the ticket office and wait your turn. "Which tickets do you want, Edna"? "Aye"? "Where shall we sit, love"? "Aye"? The ticket girl shows the screen. "Whats all that then"?. The ticket girl explains the green seats are avalable still. "Two then please". "Which ones"? "Near the Lavvy".

Finally the tickets are printed and paid for. The couple then head for the next queue to get in, along with a bag search where banana sandwich and flask are confiscated as dangerous weapons. "However our food outlets offer a superb range of overpriced beverages and dried out pies".

The queues at the ticket office move forward one pace.

"Next"!

So what's your point?

Swindon with the old fashioned system of pay cash at the turnstiles had to delay the start by 15 mins.

Belle Vue with the modern 21st century system, which you seem to find more complicated, had to get a much larger crowd in, and still only had to delay the start 15 mins?

• Like 3

The queue was to do with sheer numbers of ppl tho. It was a packed stadium.

My Mrs works on the ticket office. They printed of a massive bulk of tickets to prevent them from having to go on system and pick a certain seat.

For me the main problem is that there is 1 line for the 3 ticket windows. If they were queued in lines of 3 then it wouldn't seem bad.

Management came on mic and apologised for the queues and said they will work at it so that next time there is less queues.

We won't have this problem for WC as every ticket is pre ordered I think.

The queues were in for 12:15 but racing dIddnt start till 12:25

Edited by Phil The Ace

Everyone wanting to sit in the Grandstand should be able to choose where they want to sit irrespective of the size of the queue. Those arriving early all picked their seats.

As for moving seats that would have been rather difficult as I estimate it was 95 % full and finding 4 or more seats together would probably have been impossible.

These problems with large queueing for tickets will be sorted out..

I reckon there was at least 3000 people there and it was great to see lots of children since it was the bank Holiday.

The entertainment value of the racing was excellent and the thoughts of a World Class line up racing on our new track in the World Cup is absolutely mouth watering.

Edited by KIRKYLANE

I've opted for print at home but while the extra quid isn't going to break the bank, it irks me.

It's done by an outside agency, they have to make money somehow?

If they want to encourage people to print their ticket at home and cut back on the queues and meeting delays, they've got to start charging the same price at the window. Some people will not pay the extra £1 on principle.

Then they'll have to queue. And if they refuse to start meeting late for the queueing people they'll soon learn to turn up earlier to queue or print off at home. Pay your £1 and you can turn up last minute without the need to queue and not missing any racing.