British Speedway Forum
Aces51

Belle Vue V Coventry 30th May, 2016

Yes, I had to stand in that queue for nearly five minitues, I was absolutely fuming by the time I got to the front and then had to wait another 9 seconds while the girls bag in front of me was checked.

What are they checking bags for, someone bringing in a bomb or an elicit bag of crisps ?

Didn't have tea today smartass, usually just have breakfast, lunch and dinner.

I suppose he must have been excluded for moving before the tapes went up then? Go on tell me how relevant that is in another smart ass post.

He may have been excluded for moving before the tapes went up by but he was given no warning! It's still inconsistent, if heat 2 was acceptable (and Sarj in heat 9) then what Garrity and Worrall did in heats 4 and 5 was acceptable.

Is it really too much to ask for consistency from referees? As it was both teams got away with a flier, both teams got pulled back and it was all pretty even by thats doesn't mean the referee was right!

inconsistant referreeing regarding starts is getting rather out of hand, cook gets excluded live on sky after havin a warning , but he wasnt told of it,

then hans andersen had a warning today , rolled again and wasnt excluded . and i think won the race....

It is the turnstiles that's where the queues were. the tickets don`t scan that easy and nobody knows how to do it PLUS the security people are looking in bags which holds things up..What difference does it make where you buy your tickets if when you get to the turnstiles theres a big queue as there was today...

For Gods sake you haven't a clue! That was not a big queue, it took at the most a couple of minutes to get through!

This was THE queue, for the ticket office, the turnstiles are at other end of the building behind the photo.

http://tinyurl.com/httj7xu

• Like 2

I walked in with my printed off ticket in seconds and nobody checked my bag!

I'd also like to fact the local who let me park in front of his driveway. Friendly folk up north :)

Nonsense, this is a modern venue which should bring speedway into the modern world, you should be able to pick your seat, if i pre pay on my laptop i want to guarentee my seat, not have to turn up hours before just to get where i want. Speedway fans need to get with it not the other way around.

I was going to agree about pre-payment but if you pick a seat you could turn up and find it occupied.

It doesn't take a lot of imagination to realise that that could create significant problems, as it could easily be repeated many times.

I think you could do it for big meetings and then mark the seat as reserved. For Aces matches that seems a bit impractical so I think it must be case that you simply buy a grandstand ticket and get there early.

• Like 1

Regarding Garrity for the World Cup, surely Lambert is ahead of him.

Yes of course. Garrity could do well in the British final against other Brits but I don't think he's ready yet for the World Cup.

He's holding his own in the top 5 which is good progress.

Edited by mdmc82

Regarding Garrity for the World Cup, surely Lambert is ahead of him.

Of course Lambert is ahead. That's not GBs problem. Lambert and Woffinden are certain starters. It's who the hell we've got to put with them that's the issue.

Based on today, Nicholls, Harris, King, Cook will struggle to keep pace with top nations. KK rode it better than anyone but he won't even make the Polish side.

I'd say WTC side should be:

Tai

Bomber

Cook/Nicholls

Lambert

On current form anyway.

I suspect that once people become more familiar with the ticketing system the problem will disappear. Only having 3 windows in the ticket office is probably based on the assumption that a significant percentage of fans will in time use the on line booking facilities.

However, if a solution is required then there is no need to revert to an antiquated system of a first come free for all. Obviously, the ticket system knows which seats are pre booked, people turning up on the day are then not given a choice but simply given designated but unallocated seats.

Lambert rode in the recent under 21 qualifier at the NSS. He rode well but wasn't outstanding at that level. However, he is an undoubted talent but this year may just be too soon for him.

Edited by Aces51

You said he was incorrectly excluded without saying why you thought he was excluded. It looks like you thought, like me, that he was excluded for breaking the tapes. You knew breaking or touching tapes had to accomplished by the bike, I thought there may be a difference.

The fact is you arrogantly assumed the referee made a mistake and then followed it up with a smartass post in reply to mine.

By the way, what has a warning got to do with what you had for tea, lol!

So to confirm you think he was either excluded for breaking the tapes with his helmet or moving before the tapes went up by the referee? So you agree the referee was wrong. As you saw on Sky last week of your excluded for moving then you're kicked out the race with no reserve change and no 15 metre exclusion or as the referee had already asked for it to be announced touching tapes with your helmet is not an excludable offence.

So somewhere, the referee for it wrong.

The tea comments was you stated he broke the tapes. So what? It doesn't matter, the rules don't mention breaking them just touching them so heat 4 was exactly the same as heat 2 - both times Steve touched the tapes with his helmet and both times there should have been a re-run OR the referee if he was feeling rather harsh could have excluded him for moving before the tapes went up and no replacement allowed but that's would be harsh as referees always give riders a chance (and generally a warning but they don't have to give a warning)

Edited by SCB

What are they checking bags for, someone bringing in a bomb or an elicit bag of crisps ?

Its standard procedure at a lot of venues. We all have to be security conscious in this day and age unfortunately.

• Like 1

I was going to agree about pre-payment but if you pick a seat you could turn up and find it occupied.

It doesn't take a lot of imagination to realise that that could create significant problems, as it could easily be repeated many times.

I think you could do it for big meetings and then mark the seat as reserved. For Aces matches that seems a bit impractical so I think it must be case that you simply buy a grandstand ticket and get there early.

If i book my ticket and seat online, nobody else can take my seat so not sure what your point is. Once i book a seat nobody else can have the same seat.

You do realise that there is only 1 ticket for each seat and its impossible for 2 people to have the same seat. So if i book a seat nobody else can possible have it. If your in the grandstand you sit where your ticket tells you to sit, sinple as that.

Edited by SUPERACE

Those that pay at the box office should just be allocated seats, not asked to pick one. That's just a ridiculous process.

That way, if they're unhappy with their allocated seat maybe next time they'll choose their own online instead.