British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sidney the robin

Swindon Robins V Leicester Lions 02/06

Bit surprised the club didn't offer £10 tickets for anyone who went on Monday. Can't see many takers at £17 against the worst team in EL history.

If its Lions you mean They Beat you lol

That's strange. Should be ok for tomorrow then

I've heard he's due to aggravate his shoulder injury at 9am tomorrow.

If its Lions you mean They Beat you lol

Yeah I might have been slightly wrong

I think, possibly incorrectly that Freds point is that if IRR wasn't allowed as the injury wasn't picked up in this meeting then reserve replacement wasn't allowed in one of the heats either as the rules say that you have to have 3 rides, unless injured in the relevant meeting.

And it's certainly how I read things.

Agreed. But the fact roscoe was allowed to use reserves indicates the ref must have deemed the injury to be sustained during the meeting and hence irr must also gave been available.

I guess most riders race with some level of injury being carried, so guess it's a tough one to establish whether the cause of a rider being unable to complete his rides occurred during or before the meeting.

Well its poor withdrawing from a meeting and then riding the next day! He should go - and has probably already been told which is why he withdrew from the meeting - midget!

Is it a job of the referee to give the/any team manager the list of options available, if the/any team manager doesn't ask the referee??

There certainly seems a degree of ambiguity about whether or not Swindon could have used R/R on Thursday. One thing' however, is 100% certain and it is this.

Had Swindon used Doyle and Morris in Tungate's last two rides, beaten Leicester, and then Tungate had ridden on Friday at Somerset, there would have been no end of peopke on here accusing Swindon of cheating.

Only below averages can be used for IRR can't they? So that would of ruled out using JD.

Only below averages can be used for IRR can't they? So that would of ruled out using JD.

Fair enough. Doesn't change the point being made though.

What is frustrating is that Brady was in the pits with Rosco for most of last years meetings, so how come he went and joined the bl##dy Pirates. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

...but Brady was also in the Poole pits with Jack Holder for many of the Pirates meetings last season - and they have a little more(?!) short term security over their track plus of course he is under Darcy's wing and lives at Middlo's!! :-) :-) :-)

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 2

What is frustrating is that Brady was in the pits with Rosco for most of last years meetings, so how come he went and joined the bl##dy Pirates. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Perhaps seeing so much of Rosco made it an easy decision. :lol:

• Like 5

Perhaps seeing so much of Rosco made it an easy decision. :lol:

I would hope he would guest for us if asked

I would hope he would guest for us if asked

I'm sure he would, riders rarely turn down an opportunity to earn a little extra. I thought it was a done deal he was going to Poole.

I'm sure he would, riders rarely turn down an opportunity to earn a little extra. I thought it was a done deal he was going to Poole.

Probably right

Would Keef report to Blunsdon Abbey. Customer in the name of Tungate...

Well done Leicester. Kurtz and Klindt were outstanding.

Perhaps someone can tell me why Robins when having the choice in 15 picked 2 and 4? Doyle fell off 4 in 13 and had to battle past Watt. 1 and 3 looked to have a massive advantage and I just can't fathom why these gates have suddenly become in vogue.

Also, not sure why Scrabble got the nod over Morris. Morris nowhere near as good this season as he can be at The Abbey but I would have him every time over Scrabble.

was told keef doesnt attend anymore as became obsessed with save our bogs campaign and was sectioned after guarding them 24/7