British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheReturn

Hanock's Monster Diarrhoea

McDonald's and coke have both sponsored the football world cup, so the question is where do you draw the line.

Agree an espresso has a similar impact and is healthier, though less refreshing on a hot day. And whereas u can have a can of energy drink in your fridge not everyone has an espresso machine at home.

i would imagine its powerade in the bottles or glaceau smart water..

but monster energy is geared and advertised to this audience the sports people and people watching high octane sports.

no where is he saying he drinks it.. its just advertising and lets be honest monster put a lot of money into this sport at GP level and i kind of thank them for that.

there is and always will be pro's and con's to what people percieve as to be good advertising we just have to live with it i am pretty sure Greg's 3 year deal wasnt to be sniffed at..

good luck to him i say if you dont want to drink it then the advertising is working and it is showing it is targeted at the right audience who can see the advertising but can make the adult choice in drinking it or not.

McDonald's and coke have both sponsored the football world cup, so the question is where do you draw the line.

Agree an espresso has a similar impact and is healthier, though less refreshing on a hot day. And whereas u can have a can of energy drink in your fridge not everyone has an espresso machine at home.

Agreed...and both aren't good for you...but they don't carry a health warning as far as I know.

It's the kids that are vulnerable to such intense product placement imo.

These type of drinks are addictive...especially with the sweet intensity that kids love.

They crave them more and more.

I know a family who's young teenager got hooked on them...changed her whole temperament.

Loads of kids drink them to help them study...they get a massive hit, become alert and energetic...then get a massive low.

It's like a drug...you end up consuming more and more to get the instant high that you first experienced.

It is drug like and addictive...that's why they sell so much.

I spoke a pro skier once who is sponsored by Red Bull....she said she never drinks the stuff or if she had kids would allow them to drink it...yet she was happy to endorse it and take the money... selling your soul for the $$$$$

Worth watching this.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rcY3P2zL28

• Like 2

Just as a brief aside - England and Leicester footie bloke Jamie Vardy was pictured with a can of Red Bull and some nicotine stuff this week. Apart from a few lines in one of the nationals its hardly promted a huge outcry!!

I bet there would be much more comment if he was shown with a bottle of Heineken,Carlsberg or Budweiser!!

He's not promoting it or being sponsored by them though....

The point of the thread, is about a Speedway rider who's sponsored by Monster, going way over the top in trying to advertise this product nearly everytime he's on TV.

It's in your face and totally unnecessary.

• Like 1

Every time I see any sports person waving their Monster or Red Bull can at me, I can't help but think it's like waving a packet of fags at the TV.

I don't care for either, but they're fine in moderation. Should we also ban paracetamol because taking it too often damages your liver?

Unfortunately though, people simply seem incapable of taking responsibility for their own choices and actions, or doing anything in moderation these days. Of course, it's also always someone elses' fault.

He's not promoting it or being sponsored by them though....

The point of the thread, is about a Speedway rider who's sponsored by Monster, going way over the top in trying to advertise this product nearly everytime he's on TV.

It's in your face and totally unnecessary.

you could say the same about it being on the front of the bikes as well.. thats still there and the name when the riders are announced etc.. of course he is going to show it he get paid to do it..

you work..??? you do it because you are paid.. he is exactly the same.

I don't care for either, but they're fine in moderation. Should we also ban paracetamol because taking it too often damages your liver?

Unfortunately though, people simply seem incapable of taking responsibility for their own choices and actions, or doing anything in moderation these days. Of course, it's also always someone elses' fault.

I'm not saying ban it...I'm just pointing out that it's hypocritical imo, to allow sponsorship of something like Monster or Red Bull, that carry's a health warning and can effect your well being if you consume more than two a day, and not allow Tobacco companies to sponsor.

Two cans or Monster...two cigarettes...a day...neither will kill you...but it's what they can lead to...an addiction.

Like you say though...you take responsibility for yourself and make life choices.

you could say the same about it being on the front of the bikes as well.. thats still there and the name when the riders are announced etc.. of course he is going to show it he get paid to do it..

you work..??? you do it because you are paid.. he is exactly the same.

I've been sponsored by a Ski Manufacturer...I was asked to wear the products clothing when appropriate and recommend when appropriate and have labelling on bags etc..

I never went waving said skis in the face of camera's like some demented kid....just because I got sponsored to use them.

This thread is about product placement and how it's being courted on tv by a prominent speedway rider...not labelling on bikes, clothing etc.

It's how you go about things...not what it actually is to be fair.

The dishonesty of - already rich/well off - sports and celebrity people pretending (lying) to consume and enjoy an unhealthy product is what dismays me the most.

Hancock and the rest lose all their dignity with this weekly sham.

It has now done it's job, good/bad is still publicity, wonder how many people on this thread will try a can of Monster.....? A couple might try and will like it and become Monster consumers, a couple might try it and not like it, but as they were not consumers anyway, Monster haven't lost anything, but may have gained a couple of consumers..

Jobs a good un!!!

Edited by Shale Searcher

I wonder how many on here will not be watching the next GP on TV??

Ive tried monster after watching greg now totally addicted to the stuff, cant walk past a store without buying some. Its relentless.

When the arsenal won the double in 71 charlie george and co used to smoke and drink brandy and whisky in thr dressing room before and at half time!

Edited by auntie doris

It's not the advertising that bothers me ,it's the total "waffle" the riders come out with it's like a broken record. set-ups ,set-ups-set -ups.

• Like 1

It's not the advertising that bothers me ,it's the total "waffle" the riders come out with it's like a broken record. set-ups ,set-ups-set -ups.

That's beauty of watching a GP on playback the fast forward button on my Sky-Plus remote comes in handy

Monster is disgustint and always has been, absolutely disgusting taste

Dont mind redbull, got quite a nice taste. Same with relentless.