British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheReturn

Hanock's Monster Diarrhoea

I did actually try it in Cardiff a few years ago when they were giving away free cans.

Let's just say almost all of it went down a nearby drain. It was horrible! None of my kids could drink it either.

I agree with others that I think it does feature as one of Greg's business interests.

Best of luck to him in my book.

A great guy and did you know he's 46 and used to ride for Cradley. :rofl:

Well, 9 years, older.

So a fair bit really.

You've got to admit it is just a bit cringeworthy though.

The way he does it.

Like Dad-dancing at a pool party to Little Mix.

And still believing that the youngsters are laughing with him. Not at him.

Not at all... that is the 'main' demographic, not the only one.

Dad dancing at a pool party to Little Mix is not a 3 x World Speedway Champion in contention for a fourth though is he.

This forum is getting more bitter and jealous on a daily basis.

Let's get this straight, the only one laughing in this situation is Hancock, all the way to the bank.

• Like 4

Think if they made a Sour Grapes flavour it might be popular with some posters :D

No sour grapes here, I get the same nauseating feeling watching the guy doing the GTech ads but as he is not connected to speedway I saw no reason to post about it.....until now :P

Let's get this straight, the only one laughing in this situation is Hancock, all the way to the bank.

But that's what I am asking... does his aggressive promotion of Monster actually encourage people to buy it? Does it help Monster make sales?

Shame the TV camera's don't show some backbone and stop interviewing him for probably breaching some advertising rules somewhere. Not like his interviews rarely add anything to the coverage.

• Like 1

But that's what I am asking... does his aggressive promotion of Monster actually encourage people to buy it? Does it help Monster make sales?

Shame the TV camera's don't show some backbone and stop interviewing him for probably breaching some advertising rules somewhere. Not like his interviews rarely add anything to the coverage.

You have issues clearly.

It's the Monster FIM Speedway Grand Prix series for goodness sake. Can't be a breach when his own sponsor are the sponsors of the series :lol:

• Like 2

I'm assuming you were trying to have another little dig at Hancock there.. and failed miserably with your double negative that has actually praised his interviews.

You have issues clearly.

It's the Monster FIM Speedway Grand Prix series for goodness sake. Can't be a breach when his own sponsor are the sponsors of the series :lol:

So I assume you are not the slightest bit uncomfortable that the series sponsor also sponsors several of the riders.

That's not having a go at Monster or any of the riders, I'd feel the same whoever the sponsor, but seems to me it would be all too easy for accusations of vested interests or bias to be made which cannot be good for the sport.

So I assume you are not the slightest bit uncomfortable that the series sponsor also sponsors several of the riders.

That's not having a go at Monster or any of the riders, I'd feel the same whoever the sponsor, but seems to me it would be all too easy for accusations of vested interests or bias to be made which cannot be good for the sport.

It would only be uncomfortable if anything was to happen that would suggest such a thing. Currently there isn't.

The last GP a Redbull sponsored rider won it, the biggest energy drink rival.

The GP series are desperately trying to get Emil back in the series, a Redbull rival.

There's been no suggestion that referee decisions favour Monster riders either

• Like 1

I didn't suggest anything untoward has happened but the same company sponsoring both the series and individuals within it, should the title be decided by a controversial decision between a sponsored rider and a non sponsored one there would be the chance for allegations to be made.

I fully appreciate that speedway needs all the sponsorship it can get, it just doesn't sit very comfortably with me.

• Like 1

Promoting is one thing, shoving it in front of the camera on EVERY interview seems a little OTT to me.

But so far, nobody's actually said through this, they have been persuaded to buy the stuff and try it.

No it isnt, it's what sportspeople do to make sure their sponsors keep coming back to them, why do you think riders put their caps on the second their crash helmets come off? It's not to keep their head warm or because their hair's a mess, it's because they're covered in sponsorship.

They all do it, singling out Hancock is just sour grapes.

Most people on here are miserable old buggers(me included) and the product isn't aimed at us,so we can't see the point of it

But,the company is pretty successful,seems to know how to market its drink and pumps money into our sport.I am not going to buy the stuff,just like I don't generally pick up a bar of chocolate r anything that is put next to the tills at the supermarket.But enough people must do to make it worthwhile.It is business and Hancock is in the sport to make money,not to entertain us as he obviously doesn't when he pokes that can in the frame.Sure there are a number of riders who would like to have his contract and so he tries to do his best for himself and the company

Most riders have little of importance or interest to say when interviewed,and it is quite easy to turn away from the screen for a minute and go and do something lmore exciting instead

• Like 1

Would be interesting if Durex were still sponsoring speedway - and having GH waving a condom around in front of the camera.

and...half his last name would be quite appropriate.

• Like 2

No it isnt, it's what sportspeople do to make sure their sponsors keep coming back to them, why do you think riders put their caps on the second their crash helmets come off? It's not to keep their head warm or because their hair's a mess, it's because they're covered in sponsorship.

They all do it, singling out Hancock is just sour grapes.

I don't remember seeing a rider take their cap off at the end of the interview and shove it towards the camera.

Still, I suppose by the fact he keeps doing it it must be encouraging someone to go out and buy the stuff.

when you watch gp you think monster doing good for speedway (which id suggest it is), but its difficult finding speedway when you look at monster sports google pages! I can see bmx, motox etc, but i...personally cant find speedway

• Like 1

I don't remember seeing a rider take their cap off at the end of the interview and shove it towards the camera.

Still, I suppose by the fact he keeps doing it it must be encouraging someone to go out and buy the stuff.

Why would they when it's front and centre for the entirety of the interview?

People like things that you don't like, you like things that other people don't like too I'm sure. Life's too short to waste time complaining about such trivial matters.

• Like 1