British Speedway Forum
secsy1

Team Gb For World Cup

The point I was trying to make was if the track was dry it would ride differently and bike set up would need to change. Danny King was excellent in theses conditions but was only average in the league meeting there.

And might that not simply be down to the fact that he has learned from his league outing at the track and has figured out a better way to ride the place as a result?

And might that not simply be down to the fact that he has learned from his league outing at the track and has figured out a better way to ride the place as a result?

No.

track needs to be dry for Nicholls and deep for King, so maybe see what it's like on the day.

the rest should be Woffinden, Lambert, Cook, Ellis

I still think Nicholls may well be in the 1-4. Picking Team GB's team for next month purely based upon last nights 'freak' track conditions is rather silly as Danny King is pretty naff most of the time these days to be fair. Last night just suited him and his style however the boy did good.

For me it's 4 from these...Woofy, Cook, Nicholls, King and Lambert. Bomber's current form is way off so he may miss his first SWC for quite a few years even though he's been consistently good in years gone by. So my shout is;

Woofy

Cook

Nicholls

Lambert

Plus our next best U21 rider...Ellis?

p.s. Steve Worrall? :rofl:

I like Danny King a lot he's a good rider and a very nice bloke. However in his previous appearances at SWC he's been quite out of his depth. I think we need to look at last night as a unique meeting and not really as a yardstick as the weather conditions were a big factor.

track needs to be dry for Nicholls and deep for King, so maybe see what it's like on the day.

the rest should be Woffinden, Lambert, Cook, Ellis

Do not think you can leave the team selection till the day which is why I said earlier Rosco needs to get some of the possible riders to ride the track when it is dry either as a practice or against a select team.

I didn't think it was 'freak' conditions last night - the track held out remarkably well.

The selection for the World Cup needs to be done on a horses-for-courses basis, so I would go for:

Tai Woffinden

Craig Cook

Robert Lambert

Danny King

For me, the first three are the automatic choices, while King showed last night he is better around the NSS than either Nicholls or Harris.

All the best

Rob

• Like 1

Agreed re lambert I think he showed he needs to be in the four. The rule is ludicrous though.

I still think Harris is in the mix for a spot, wouldn't have him in myself but can understand why Rosco might.

The u21 champ who likes big tracks? I know it was wet but bates scored only 1 in a much weaker field than will he in the swc final. That said he or Ellis would be doing exceptionally well to pick up a point if called on so I don't think it will be a factor in gbs performance either way.

Yes Bates struggled last night but whoever rides as reserve (bar Lambert) would struggle against anyone else.

For me Bates is as good as if not better than Ellis so as Under 21 champion in my view he deserves that spot.

Lets be fair either Ellis or Bates if needed would struggle to get a point

I like Danny King a lot he's a good rider and a very nice bloke. However in his previous appearances at SWC he's been quite out of his depth. I think we need to look at last night as a unique meeting and not really as a yardstick as the weather conditions were a big factor.

To be fair, with the exception of Tai, all our riders will be out of their depth. The Poles and the Russians in particular (if they send their best team) are going to love that track. And their equipment is super-fast.

I didn't think it was 'freak' conditions last night - the track held out remarkably well.

The selection for the World Cup needs to be done on a horses-for-courses basis, so I would go for:

Tai Woffinden

Craig Cook

Robert Lambert

Danny King

For me, the first three are the automatic choices, while King showed last night he is better around the NSS than either Nicholls or Harris.

All the best

Rob

Still think that last spot is up for grabs between King and Nicholls.

You say King is better than NIcholls round the Belle Vue track? He hasnt beat Nicholls there in 3 races so far!!

For me Danny has struggled this season. Not one person on here would have had King in their team before last night and does one good meeting on a track that ultimately suited him, make him an auto pick over Nicholls?

Im an Ipswich fan and would love to see Danny ride but im also a Team GB fan and on the day would King outscore Nicholls? Jury still out for me

• Like 1

I would dump Woffinden in a heartbeat, if you can't be bothered to ride in the British league why should you be able to pull in a GB vest, this clown lived in Aus most of his life, world champ but brit no

Edited by rjsj9803

Tai, Cook and Lambert will be 3/4. The last place will go to either Scott or Danny, but I think he'll go with Scott purely down to experience and more track knowledge. King done well last night purely down to the fact that a wet heavy track suited him down to tee, that and the fact he's been pretty pants most of the season.

• Like 1

A nice, considered and well-rounded response.

It was all that was needed as track conditions were completely different last night to the league meeting.

I would dump Woffinden in a heartbeat, if you can't be bothered to ride in the British league why should you be able to pull in a GB vest, this clown lived in Aus most of his life, world champ but brit no

You see that guy in your profile pic? He has lived in the UK most of his life. How dare he ever have pulled on the USA race jacket.

Who had Danny King in their side before last night ?

Be foolish to have him in your team now..