British Speedway Forum

Standing on back straight. Not the biggest of crowds. Perhaps I expected more and the place would be packed.

I take it you couldn't be bothered to read the reports of the severe traffic problems. I take it your route didn't involve the motorways.

Edited by rmc

Looking at other parts of social media there appears to be plenty either still stuck in traffic trying to get to somerset, or have tried, gave up and are now on their way to Cardiff.

Can someone tell me, in all seriousness, why Somerset run on a Friday night?

Has anyone ever asked them?

Have they ever been specific as to why they do.

Considering where the Stadium is, Friday evening is probably the worst time they could hold meetings there, apart from a Monday morning lol

I take it you couldn't be bothered to read the reports of the severe traffic problems. I take it your route didn't involve the motorways.

No i didnt touch a motorway coming up. Cut across country from Yeovil to somerton then straight here. Clear run all the way.

Racing has been pretty good.

Can someone tell me, in all seriousness, why Somerset run on a Friday night?

Has anyone ever asked them?

Have they ever been specific as to why they do.

Considering where the Stadium is, Friday evening is probably the worst time they could hold meetings there, apart from a Monday morning lol

Always been the same Gres. If you want to avoid the M5 tailbacks North and South you need to leave early. coming from the west try the A38. But like Steve said, from Dorset you can cut across. Watching the updates sounds like a very good meeting..

Always been the same Gres. If you want to avoid the M5 tailbacks North and South you need to leave early. coming from the west try the A38. But like Steve said, from Dorset you can cut across. Watching the updates sounds like a very good meeting..

I travel there most Friday nights.

From the North side of Bristol, it takes me two hours.

Coming back...just under an hour.

I know people who used to follow Bristol, then became regulars at Newport....then Somerset.

The majority have stopped going as they can't stand sitting on a Motorway for two hours or more.

They've just given up.

It's the most idiotic night to run speedway on, being situated where it is.

Can't understand it myself.

• Like 1

Two very exciting semi finals.

Two very exciting semi finals.

Reading the updates thats what you call a PROPER speedway meeting..

• Like 2

Somerset deserved winners

• Like 1

Somerset deserved winners

Yep well done Somerset, especially Rohan tungate who does get some unwarrented stick from time to time.. :t:

• Like 1

Congratulations to Somerset on their PL Pairs on their own track.

Time to move the Pairs ?.

• Like 1

Congrats to the rebels going by the updates deserved winners. 2nd is not bad at all and putting that mob along the M8 out is a added bonus.

• Like 2

I travel there most Friday nights.

From the North side of Bristol, it takes me two hours.

Coming back...just under an hour.

I know people who used to follow Bristol, then became regulars at Newport....then Somerset.

The majority have stopped going as they can't stand sitting on a Motorway for two hours or more.

They've just given up.

It's the most idiotic night to run speedway on, being situated where it is.

Can't understand it myself.

The problem here is Gresham, that you are trying to explain something to those who cannot begin to comprehend that their experiences in life are not automatically matched by others. If something's alright for them then it must be okay for everybody else. If something benefits them it must benefit everybody else. If they can do something then everybody else can, despite facing few of the same obstacles. They are short-sighted and selfish. Fortunately there is a simpler term.

It is:

Poole fans.

Edited by rmc