British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ScunnyDan

Scunthorpe V Rye House Pl 19-06-2k16

Today defines what could happen for the rest of the season.

Last weekend, riders guested & performed well so it's just a matter of getting it right at the EWR. Not just one or two but three or four of them. We know what they CAN do as they have performed in the past but they have got to start getting it right, and now.

The above post shows what can happen when a team has confidence, team rides & a good captain. I think Josh is like David(Howe) & when things are going poorly you are looking at yourself rather than the big picture, THE TEAM. He has, for a long while now, raced against his team mate for the extra buck & at times pressured his teammate into a mistake, gifting points to the opposition. A change in captain to Douglas, a rider doing well & confidence coming back from last year, might be the answer

It is, also, noticeable, a lack of interest posting is due to a lack of support for a losing team at the EWR. As I have said before, Best Track & Entertainment does not bring the punters in but it shows that the whole town has struggled since Xmas due to the Steelworks.

Even Scunthorpe United struggled to get the support even though they went on a good run towards the end of the season & nearly made the play-offs. A discounted offer, as a thank you to the fans, saw an increase from an average of 3300 to over 7000 for the last game.

Hope you get a good entertaining match up there tonight ,I think Scunny is the best race track i have visited,,its a shame you do not get more support..

Weather forecast is shocking.

Yes heavy rain from 7 onwards.

I have confidence that the track will be prepared for whatever the weather brings.

I've been to every home meeting since I discovered speedway at the end of 2014, it is hard to watch the home team lose so often but the racing is the best I've seen.

About 5 miles from the track at moment, its overcast but rather warm, hope the rain comes later than expected so we can get this meeting through.. Its warm here too 20 degrees

About 5 miles from the track at moment, its overcast but rather warm, hope the rain comes later than expected so we can get this meeting through.. Its warm here too 20 degrees

The heavy rain is forecast to arrive around 7

Coming from Bradford so would not mind some updates from the club on Twitter ? Track more than likely fine hence no concerns at this stage; sure we will be kept in the picture.

Shadders are you not there? as Steve Ribbons has just text that hes the only Rye fan there. If you are, meet up with him and you can form the Independent Rye Army

MEETING ABANDONED.....Surely this rain was forecast and the Scunthorpe management should have called it off early,and save everyone's time and expense.?

Edited by waco

Nice to hear Rob say some work is happening on the outside of the 1st and second bends,a new bar and corperate building gonna be built if i heard him right... i wondered why the little park was moved..

Wasted journey, but only ourselves to blame, the forecast was horrible. There was no way this was getting to heat 10, so to abandon it was correct. In my opinion with a forecast of 80% chance of heavy rain it should've been called off mid afternoon. Still, at least we got a full refund on the way out and some chilli & chips from the snack bar.

Hope I can make the restaging.

To be fair to Rob, he cancelled our last meeting due to a similar forecast and took some unnecessary criticism for his decision.. as it turned out on that occasion the wet stuff didn't quite arrive as predicted. Damned if you do, damned of you don't... I guess calling meetings is a promoters worst nightmare.

I last looked at the forecast two days ago, no sign of todays rain then... but having looked again (after Shads post).. it was pretty obvious that once the rain arrived it wasn't likely to stop till midnight.... On this occasion the forecast was about bang on. Had the rain held off for just an hour longer, I reckon the meeting could have run to the point of getting a result.

Edited by Albert

No promotion can take the decision to run a meeting lightly when their is poor weather forecast,ultimately if called off like today its a huge financial cost to the club brave to try to run it but hindsight is a wonderful thing as they say

Edited by lewy

Shadders are you not there? as Steve Ribbons has just text that hes the only Rye fan there. If you are, meet up with him and you can form the Independent Rye Army

Considering the way the sport's treated Steve it's a tribute to him that he's still prepared to travel so far to support the Rockets.

Edited by rmc