British Speedway Forum
Phil The Ace

Mildenhall -v- Cradley Off

Absolutely ridiculous and a gross over-reaction :angry:

What Kevin Jolly did was wrong, no question but take a measure that would lead to the closure of the track ? Beyond belief.and I can't help but think motivated by some grudge against Mildenhall - I certainly can't imagine why anyone thinking rationally would come to such a conclusion in respect of an incident which, though bad, is a first offence.

Jolly will be punished two fold : by the BSPA and by those who might well choose to boycott West Row in the future.

Why would I have a grudge against mildenhall old boy? Like a lot on here I am just fed up with the Muppets that run and promote the sport in this country. If someone else runs the club after the promoters licence is removed that's good. If the promoters licence in this case was removed it would send a clear message to other fools considering the same actions as jolly. Edited by T B

If, over the past 30 years, you threw the book at and expelled every promoter who has ever done speedway a disservice and acted against its best interests, there would barely be one track left in existence.

The sport has been riddled with self-interest for donkey's years.

Edited by tmc
  • Like 4

If you had a fractious relationship with your boss, then had a hissy fit with him and walked out on your job, would you expect to return to your job the following day, I doubt it. Mr jollys bosses are the paying public through the turnstiles each week, and they have been sadly let down because he spat out his dummy. Absolute disgrace and I hope the bspa deal with the situation in the strongest possible way and yes, if that means closure then so be it.

There is actually a difference between customers and bosses, just saying...

If, over the past 30 years, you threw the book at and expelled every promoter who has ever done speedway a disservice and acted against its best interests, there would barely be one track left in existence.

The sport has been riddled with self-interest for donkey's years.

Because they are allowed to do what they want with no comeback, as i said before remove his licence thank him for his time and tell hes welcome as a paying customer, stop pandering to people

Why would I have a grudge against mildenhall old boy? Like a lot on here I am just fed up with the Muppets that run and promote the sport in this country. If someone else runs the club after the promoters licence is removed that's good. If the promoters licence in this case was removed it would send a clear message to other fools considering the same actions as jolly.

I have no idea, I am merely struggling to understand the motivation for advocating that punishment might include shutting the track.

What if no-one comes forward ? People aren't exactly queueing up to be promoters. Your solution is tough luck, Mildenhall closes. I wonder how many would agree with that if it was their track involved.

As tmc has most accurately said, there wouldn't be any left if we took such an action on every occasion something like this came up. Matt Ford called a meeting off because his team was under strength - aside from the timing and Kevin Jolly's reaction, I really don't see the difference.

Punish Jolly for sure. But to the extent that the track closes ? That's plain stupid.

Because they are allowed to do what they want with no comeback, as i said before remove his licence thank him for his time and tell hes welcome as a paying customer, stop pandering to people

No comeback ? Tell that to David Hemsley.

The problem is not that there is no comeback, it is that it is not consistently applied.

Remove his licence, no-one comes forward, Mildenhall closes. Nice one :angry:

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 3

Why would I have a grudge against mildenhall old boy? Like a lot on here I am just fed up with the Muppets that run and promote the sport in this country. If someone else runs the club after the promoters licence is removed that's good. If the promoters licence in this case was removed it would send a clear message to other fools considering the same actions as jolly.

I have no idea, I am merely struggling to understand the motivation for advocating that punishment might include shutting the track.

What if no-one comes forward ? People aren't exactly queueing up to be promoters. Your solution is tough luck, Mildenhall closes. I wonder how many would agree with that if it was their track involved.

As tmc has most accurately said, there wouldn't be any left if we took such an action on every occasion something like this came up. Matt Ford called a meeting off because his team was under strength - aside from the timing and Kevin Jolly's reaction, I really don't see the difference.

Punish Jolly for sure. But to the extent that the track closes ? That's plain stupid.

No comeback ? Tell that to David Hemsley.

The problem is not that there is no comeback, it is that it is not consistently applied.

Remove his licence, no-one comes forward, Mildenhall closes. Nice one :angry:

...or possibly the stadium landlords - the stock car promoters - refuse to recognise any speedway promoter other than Kevin Jolly. What happens then?

Bitterly ironic that Matt Williamson the guest in question who was at the heart of this ruckus had a bit of a stinker last night!

The Mildenhall / Cradley thing goes back to the 2012 Play Off final at Kings Lynn when the Heathens had a depleted team due to Injury. Tom Perry and Byron Bekker were missing and we had to track a three pointer to cover as the rules at the time didn't allow for guests, just one R/R facility. We lost in extremely controversial circumstances after Chris Louis had paid a visit to the Referees box over the exclusion of one of his riders who was promptly reinstated.

We've got over it. Looks like they haven't. All very sad.

Anyhow I don't understand what is so objectionable about Matt Williamson as a guest. Chess has been flying this year and has fully merited his 9 point average. Is Matt (who is a great lad) the track record holder or something. It's not as if we tried to bring Greg Hancock in is it!

I'm not going to throw too many stones in Kevin Jolly's direction. The original Press Release referred to personal problems so you have to take that into consideration. Clearly some action will be necessary but the calls to potentially close the Club down are way over the top.

Lets pay the fine and learn the lesson but it is another sorry chapter in Speedway's decline in the UK.

• Like 2

I checked the bspa web site on the Sunday to find out the start time and everything was ok then.

Mildenhall should be fined for what they did.

It will not stop me going again at some time in the future.... But once again Speedway shoots itself in the foot.

No wonder the media give Speedway little support or recognition.

• Like 1

The SCB have awarded the match to Cradley and fined Kevin Jolly £250. The fine is suspended until the end of next season.

The SCB have awarded the match to Cradley and fined Kevin Jolly £250. The fine is suspended until the end of next season.

That is so bent, and flies in the face of previous rulings!

After the infamous Belle Vue Poole Waterpipegate match, Belle Vue were deducted 3 points and the match run again. The SCB said that they couldn't award the points to Poole as that would be unfair to every other team in the league.

So surely Mildenhall should have been deducted 3 points? They can't award the points to Cradley as that is unfair to every other team in the league.

Basically by ignoring their own precident the SCB have given Cradley a bonus of 4 points, penalised every other innocent NL team, and given Mildenhall no punishment at all!

• Like 3

Where has this been officially posted ?

I cant find it anywhere inc Cradleys official site & surely they would announce it

Where has this been officially posted ?

I cant find it anywhere inc Cradleys official site & surely they would announce it

It's on Mildenhall's Facebook page and a copy was posted on the National League Only page.

I suppose mildenhall's 'punishment' is the loss of an attractive fixture with revenue to club and riders...+ any chance of the play-off s of course