British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
crescent girl

Live On Sky: Berwick V Workington, Monday, June 27th

Due to work commitments , I will be enjoy this from the comfort of my living room , there will be no Dick Barrie :lol: but I will have Nigel and Kevin to make up for it :cry: Going by his last two visits David Bellago is an excellent choice of guest :t: lets hope he can put in another repeat performance . It will be interesting to see how many times the ref pulls the riders back for " unsatisfactory stars " there's quite a few twitchy riders on display here hopefully TJ wont be as bad as he was during the Panthers match last season :nono: . Keen to see if Dan The Man can continue where he started his first night performance was very encouraging :approve: . All in All I expect a Bandits win , there's been a few decent matches this season already on Sky lets hope we can maintain the standard . 52-41 :party::drink:

The heat getting to you in Prague

Hot yesterday, crazy hot today, pivo the cure to both.

The heat getting to you in Prague

By the way Happy Birthday.

Take its still £15 to get in ?

Take its still £15 to get in ?

THINK SO COZ DICK DODGIN THAT QUESTIN MMMMM

Edited by cresentcol

THINK SO COZ DICK DODGIN THAT QUESTIN MMMMM

Thought they would have made it a tenner to try and get more folk in considering most tv matches get cheaper entry :cry::cry::cry:

In an idea world I would like to see all Sky matches free admission, with money from TV and a match sponsor meeting costs. That way, attendance are likely to be far bigger for the cameras and the sponsor gets more exposure. I'm sure Sky would let the sponsor in on the act with things like the coin toss, again more exposure. The free entry might attract a few new fans and would certainly add to the atmosphere. Like I say, this would be an ideal world, I have no idea how much money TV brings in towards meeting costs.

In an idea world I would like to see all Sky matches free admission, with money from TV and a match sponsor meeting costs. That way, attendance are likely to be far bigger for the cameras and the sponsor gets more exposure. I'm sure Sky would let the sponsor in on the act with things like the coin toss, again more exposure. The free entry might attract a few new fans and would certainly add to the atmosphere. Like I say, this would be an ideal world, I have no idea how much money TV brings in towards meeting costs.

• Like 1

The biggest crowd I've seen at a Lakeside meeting live on Sky was when it was free entry

• Like 1

And they are potentially going to be battling with the England match

I love speedway but I also love the football and as its not my own team on, I will be watching the England game. I imagine a lot of people will be

Will probably affect the crowd numbers, just like the Edinburgh match a couple of weeks ago.

The biggest crowd I've seen at a Lakeside meeting live on Sky was when it was free entry

I remember that and I thought at the time it was a great advert for the sport, a big crowd, it would look far better for TV than wide open spaces on the terraces and it gives would be sponsors huge exposure. It also provides an excellent atmosphere for fans and riders alike. And if the majority of them don't return, so what, some might. But the whole impression of a full stadium does wonders for the image of the sport when it comes to attracting sponsors, new fans and renewing TV deals.

• Like 2

I love speedway but I also love the football and as its not my own team on, I will be watching the England game. I imagine a lot of people will be

I'm going to do something radical - watch one live and record the other!