British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Greg

Buxton 2016

So Speight is replaced by William O'Keefe. Speight has been struggling badly but I'm not sure if putting a young lad in for his first ever full-time NL spot is an improvement.

Also what years was Pipe at Redcar? Compton was there in 2008 and 2009.

If speight isn't enjoying it & only scoring 2, they might aswell plan for the future, It maybe the deep end tonight at Monmore.
  • Like 1

:lol: Big Will had a steady night,stopped on & picked up 2 points. It can only do him good getting rides.

• Like 1

Have i missed something? Still can't say i've ever heard of him before. Should i have ?

Another of Pipes old Redcar Cubs buddies. They guy is clearly living in the past / has no decent connections and knocks / slams any new riders that come through. To slate all MDL riders is wrong & suspect he may struggle to get a team for the rest of the season.

So its Wallinger now whos next? Adam McKinna, Benji Compton & Greg Blair!

• Like 2

Pipe is obsessed with making changes and everyone scraped from the bottom of the barrel.

• Like 2

Jason Pipe says he has lost riders to other clubs because Buxton can`t give practice time to riders other than after meetings. I thought Buxton being a stand alone club could use their track at any time. Or is it they are not bothered

Sadly the problems at Buxton are numerous however Pipe is the biggest one of the lot. His treatment of riders & the continual team changes creates both unrest within a team and doubts within the minds of riders who may have potentially signed.

To say he is losing riders due to not offering much track time is rot. They missed out on JPB due to money (fair play to Buxton they will not bankrupt the club for one rider), The Mildenhall 2 had no intention of joining Buxton however much Pipe was "tracking their progress" and Chris Hay went to Stoke because Buxton didn't want him (not a huge loss).

I admire the way Buxton run on a tight budget but if they are to progress they need a racing surface that home riders trust, a set of riders that want to race for the team and feel appreciated and a Manager (even better if an ex rider) who backs, supports and helps them.

• Like 1

Jason Pipe says he has lost riders to other clubs because Buxton can`t give practice time to riders other than after meetings. I thought Buxton being a stand alone club could use their track at any time. Or is it they are not bothered

We can use the track pretty much when we want but there is the small matter of work and life outside speedway that gets in the way. There are only so many hours in the week that we can work. Richard already works seven days a week without taking into account speedway or anything else. We do our best with the resources we have.

• Like 1

Was planning to visit Buxton September 18th, for the Birmingham match, but now appears this date is reserved only. For those of us who have written down the dates in diaries,and made plans, would be nice if extra attention was brought, for these changes. Would not have been happy if I had turned up September 18th. I don't keep on checking fixture lists every day "just in case", only really expect fixture changes when forces a call off.

Was planning to visit Buxton September 18th, for the Birmingham match, but now appears this date is reserved only. For those of us who have written down the dates in diaries,and made plans, would be nice if extra attention was brought, for these changes. Would not have been happy if I had turned up September 18th. I don't keep on checking fixture lists every day "just in case", only really expect fixture changes when forces a call off.

Its been moved to Aug 28th

Don't know why

We can use the track pretty much when we want but there is the small matter of work and life outside speedway that gets in the way. There are only so many hours in the week that we can work. Richard already works seven days a week without taking into account speedway or anything else. We do our best with the resources we have.

I'd like to see some of Buxton's critics do as well as you do with so little to work with. Keeping speedway going for 23 seasons in such a remote spot is a true testament to all the effort that you and your family have put in over the years.

• Like 7

Don't know why

Don't know why

This is strange. It was the only date available to arrange the postponed Eastbourne match. Instead they bring the match from September 18th forward, on which date Eastbourne are home to B Vue. As regards Double headers Eastbourne are already booked all Sundays in September except the 4th until the last day of cut off.

I also notice that the Eastbourne v Stoke match which has always been Sept 11th now appears twice in the BSPA fixture list with Sept 10th added. Could it be they are switching to the Saturday making the Sunday free to go to Buxton? I hope so as I am off to Crete on the 11th and will miss 3 matches otherwise.

Buxton have had since May 1st to re-arrange this, time they kept us in the picture.