British Speedway Forum
GregoryM

Belle Vue V Wolverhampton 06-07-2016

Would have snapped your hand off for a point at 7 of clock. Well deserved and a very good meeting. Needed a result bearing in mind we are merely fulfilling the fixture tomorrow.

Big concerns over Howarth though. Will have to consider changes if he doesn't get his act together. Can't afford to carry two reserves. Slightly concerned that Masters faded as the meeting went on yet again

I often watch multiple sports events at once on the pc. On this occasion I wanted to give both my full attention so things aren't as 'simple' as you suggest.

I'll be contacting him some way. I avoid Twitter like the plague so that won't be the method.

I'm not a Wales fan. It is possible to watch sport without being a fan of one of the teams you know. I'm not a Aces or Wolves fan either.

Thanks for helping Pearson give the game away. I'll watch something else now. Thanks so much.

In your position I would definitely have watched the football and caught the speedway later, would have been much safer in terms of avoidance of results etc.

Belle Vue making hard work of Wolves. Bloody hell can't wait for a full strength Poole side to go up there.

Holder, Buck, Hans, Bjarne will love it. Kurtz, Newman and Ellis should enjoy as well.

Bring it on for gods sake!

The same belle vue who won at Poole :)

• Like 3

Always love listening to Pete Adams & his reply to Chris Louis about all teams including Ipswich would love millions to build a new stadium was right up there😀😀

• Like 2

Much better meeting than Monday, great track but I guess the home riders regret asking for it to be ripped up as the most the top 4 apart from Fricke really struggled and that has not been the case from previous reports. Gate 4 scored 3,2,3,3 in the opening four heats then for the rest of the night 3 points in total were scored from this gate.

I agree with Kelvin and Adams that there is no track advantage at all which is all good when you have a strong team like they have this season but an average side could struggle home and away. I wouldn't really be surprised next year to see Nicholls move on, he likes a track with a good home advantage such as Wolves, Lakeside or even Leicester?

I still think Belle Vue are the team to beat with Fricke being the trump card.

Enjoyed that meeting. Even when Wolves were 6 up, I thought BV would just have enough to win. Glad Wolves got a point though from a neutral point of view, not a Poole point of view! ;):D

£17, is there a cheaper el option? How much does it cost to stand up at wolves?

What is the point of posting that, badly informed posts like yours don't do British speedway any good whatsoever does it?

According to the Belle Vue website just over 1100 seats available in the grandstand means around 700 seats already taken and with wolves being top there'll be loads making the trip no doubt, especially as a former wolves stalwart and favourite is now guesting, plus other walk ups and even if some st holders don't turn up it will still be better than the corresponding crowd at the dog track. I doubt the crowd will be as big as Glasgow which was probably the biggest TV gate of the season, I expect something similar to Monday when there was nothing else to do and it was apparently almost half price to get in.

Add in perfect weather and anyone who gives this a miss to watch football needs their head feeling.

At the end of the day the crowd will still be bigger than we used to get at the dog track, even last Fridays crowd was bigger, so the new luxury stadium is ticking all the right boxes.

Ha ha, just checked and its more expensive at wolves.

Very positive as usual but way off the mark with those figures.

Good meeting thou, Wolves deserved a point and this fixture could be a cracker of a play off semi or final

Edited by New Science

Rider of the night award from me goes to Joe Jacobs, looked fast and in control. Well done boy. Wally of the night goes to GP star Zagar, hopeless.

Edited by SPEEDY69
  • Like 5

Well as a team we were second best tonight but in football parlance good sides find a way to win when not performing to their abilites. We dug in and nicked it but wolves were very good and must feel a bit aggrieved. Zagar is some arguement for enticing the world class GP riders isnt he? Hes been shocking this season, a woeful No1. Max Fricke is the future another great performance from him tonight. Howarth is a strange one, when he was riding in the Colts with Garrity he looked the better of the two, always more stylish and in control, whereas hes gone backwards Garrity has improved and is now a far better rider than Kyle. If Wolves had two firing reserves they would be very difficult to beat, their top five is solid and can all score important points when the team require it. Joe Jacobs has got a lot better at home and if he could transfer some of that form into his away meetings we wouldnt be far away, hopefully the extra meetings for the IOW and Ipswich will be beneficial. No team is going to be on it in every meeting and pulling out a win when riding below average is at least a positive sign.

• Like 1

Sky aren't repeating this so I'll have to wait for youtube..... sounds worth it though.

Belle Vue making hard work of Wolves. Bloody hell can't wait for a full strength Poole side to go up there.

Holder, Buck, Hans, Bjarne will love it. Kurtz, Newman and Ellis should enjoy as well.

Bring it on for gods sake!

Well, nothing to worry about there !!

Like the track but can someone tell the start marshall the tapes need tightening, they are still bowing in the middle, not as much as the other week but they are not going up level.

Not sure if the camera emphasises the middle rising slightly after the edges or if the tapes are ok

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 1

Weigh (sic) off the mark? It's a fact, when I checked there were 1100 seats available. It's easy to check, the website give the number of available seats in each section and you can even look at which seats have already been taken.

As for wolves deserving a point? They provided 9 heat winners and still lost, they grasped defeat from the jaws of victory.

Anyway, I'll watch the meeting back and see how it came across on TV.

Someone was telling porkies then, looked to be no more than 200 in the grandstand

When it's that close you can't help think 'what if'. However on this occasion taking the point and moving on is the right way to go.

# Our reserves are going to cost us big time sooner or later.

# Zagar should be mullering everyone around the NSS, let's be honest. Big wide open space right up his street.

• Like 1