British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
KIRKYLANE

Post Meeting Conferences

Really, what do you think you are something special. Mark may words you wont see it again after this season..

I just wish the Belle Vue management had the wisdom to appoint Starman as a special consultant. So far he has given invaluable advice on the construction of the track, the supervisory role Colin Meredith should have played, the pointless purchase of track covers and now the futile pr of after meeting press conferences. No wonder Poole are so successful when Matt has such a valuable advisor to guide his every move.

Edited by Aces51
  • Like 8

I just wish the Belle Vue management had the wisdom to appoint Starman as a special consultant. So far he has given invaluable advice on the construction of the track, the supervisory role Colin Meredith should have played, the pointless purchase of track covers and now the futile pr of after meeting press conferences. No wonder Poole are so successful when Matt has such a valuable advisor to guide his every move.

Maybe, as it is Speedway obviously, he could 'guest' at other venues should a fan of another track not be able to attend...?

His feedback and input could be invaluable to the incumbent promotional team I am sure.....!

• Like 1

The thing is, sensible Poole fans realise a healthy Belle Vue challenging are an assett to the league and to Poole. I get the feeling some people would be happy to win the league every year against a bunch of part timers on the brink of bankrupcy. The more forward thinking, professional clubs the better.

Right tho, arn't i.. ;)

TO STARMAN 2006 ;

i HAVE JUST PUT A BLOCK ON ALL OF YOUR COMMENTS ETC.

YOUR COMMENTS ARE NOT WORTH READING

Edited by KIRKYLANE
  • Like 3

TO STARMAN 2006 ;

i HAVE JUST PUT A BLOCK ON ALL OF YOUR COMMENTS ETC.

YOUR COMMENTS ARE NOT WORTH READING

Well there you go, that your perogative took you long enough to come up with that, The price i pay for being right, which is something you would never admit. You be careful now, have a nice day.. ;)

Edited by Starman2006

I think the better description is deluded.

No definately not. Are you not KIRKYLANE as well.

The forward thinking Nigel Wagstaff was doing this at Oxford years ago.

So many supporters and fellow promoters used to slag off his ideas.

I find it strange that so many have been adopted.

Many faults Waggy but also many great ideas. If I was one of the top guys at the BSPA I'd have him involved in some way to get some ideas out of him. Give him a club with a solid financial footing and he'd have done amazing things IMO.

Already been experimented with at Poole quite a few years ago, and it didn't take off so it was scraped

care homes on the south coast close early maybe?

The forward thinking Nigel Wagstaff was doing this at Oxford years ago.

So many supporters and fellow promoters used to slag off his ideas.

I find it strange that so many have been adopted.

I used to really enjoy those. You'd get quite a few people hanging around in the bar for them, too, instead of just heading off home.

Great for fans. I don't know why it never caught on at other clubs back then. It's much better and more intimate than a few roving mic interviews on the centre green after the match.

I must say I always enjoy the after race coments in front of the grandstand at Leicester. There are usually quite a few people stay to listen and you have to be quick to get a place at the front. The riders are more than happy to sign autographs and they always take time to stop and talk to the younsters in there.

It works at the Lions so can't see why no other track bothers to do this, or is everyone in to much of a hurry to get home.

I must say I always enjoy the after race coments in front of the grandstand at Leicester. There are usually quite a few people stay to listen and you have to be quick to get a place at the front. The riders are more than happy to sign autographs and they always take time to stop and talk to the younsters in there.

It works at the Lions so can't see why no other track bothers to do this, or is everyone in to much of a hurry to get home.

No other track does it? How do you know that? Wolves do it every week

COPIED FROM OFFICIAL WEB SITE

Belle Vue speedway are delighted to announce the introduction of post meeting Press Conferences for our fans. After every home meeting, all fans will be invited to join the Press Conference in the Peter Craven suite.

These will commence approximately 10 minutes after the close of meeting parade. This is to allow fans from South Stand to make their way around to the Peter Craven suite.

The Conference will be attended by Mark Lemon - Team Manager, selected Belle Vue riders and the Promoters of Belle Vue speedway.

There will be several interviews and the opportunity for fans to ask questions in a Q & A session. There will also be photo/autograph opportunities with the riders.

The Peter Craven suite has a set safety capacity, so please arrive as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.

Tuesday 5th July 2016

Excellent idea from the management

Don't think limited seating will be an issue looking at the attendance at the NSS tonight