British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
NeilWatson

Coventry V Kings Lynn -monday 11th July - 7.30pm

Howarth in for Lambert who was brought in to replace Wilkinson? You could not make it up...

Howarth in for Lambert who was brought in to replace Wilkinson? You could not make it up...

You don't have to make it up, the BSPA already has :P

• Like 3

All seems unnecessarily complicated.

Two 7 rider teams 15 heats of Speedway. That's the Sport the rest is just playing around the sport. Do other Sports have such issues week upon week, match after match ? It seems for every Elite league Fixture there is an issue with the make up of one and sometimes both of the teams.

Kings Lynn have three EDR riders in their squad, Lewis Rose, Carl Wilkinson and Simon Lambert. Lewis rides for Kings Lynn tonight, Carl is riding for Scunthorpe. Simon is injured so is replaced by a guest under the EDR rules.

Quietly confident we (Bees) are going to get battered tonight.

We can but hope. I don't believe using Howarth has strengthened our team, specially how he has rode of late. Personally I'd preferred Paul Starke. Now that would have been an improvement.

But it'll all down to how they ride on the night. Yes, if all goes well, we could win. But on the other hand we could get clobbered. Should be good Television though.

Kings Lynn have three EDR riders in their squad, Lewis Rose, Carl Wilkinson and Simon Lambert. Lewis rides for Kings Lynn tonight, Carl is riding for Scunthorpe. Simon is injured so is replaced by a guest under the EDR rules.

But surely common sense should prevail? Howarth is a far more established rider than Wilkinson or Lambert for heavens sake irrespective of his recent EL form in fact i dont believe he should had qualified as a draft rider with his experience but that's another argument

• Like 1

Quietly confident we (Bees) are going to get battered tonight.

Coventry have to be really bad to get beaten by KL!! Coventry to win by 8-10 pts for me.

Coventry have to be really bad to get beaten by KL!! Coventry to win by 8-10 pts for me.

Howarth for Lambert and Rory for Mads at Brandon strengthens them whilst Barker for Garrity definitely weakens us 😖

Yes we have won at King's Lynn this year but strong teams like Wolves & Belle Vue have lost to them and they got a point at wolves with a 6man team and that was without Rory so I don't see it being easy, esp without Bates now at reserve.

Edited by mdmc82

Hopefully KK will have a better night tonight than his last meeting

You would think he should do, but you can never tell what you will get with him!

I'll be coming back to that post around 11pm tonight. :lol:

• Like 1

Howarth for Lambert and Rory for Mads at Brandon strengthens them whilst Barker for Garrity definitely weakens us

Yes we have won at King's Lynn this year but strong teams like Wolves & Belle Vue have lost to them and they got a point at wolves with a 6man team and that was without Rory so I don't see it being easy, esp without Bates now at reserve.

To be honest Kyle is in awful form and its Rory first meeting back so don't really see that it strengthens KL. Barker in for Garrity could weaken us but Barker could easily score well tonight too, Barker should be better than R/R. 49-41 to the Bees Edited by woz01
  • Like 1

So when and how did Robert Lambert end up with a broken finger?, Kings Lynn web story is a bit short of detail.