British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
speedibee

Wish This Happened On Roundabouts In My Town

Pretty sure that'll be a Redbull sponsored promo thing as they'd done it before, going up a mountain I think it was

Pretty sure that'll be a Redbull sponsored promo thing as they'd done it before, going up a mountain I think it was

even so this is typical of Poland and one thing it shows is how far stuck up our own backside with health and safety we are in Britain

even so this is typical of Poland and one thing it shows is how far stuck up our own backside with health and safety we are in Britain

Why?Looks like the place was cordoned off to traffic,so down to the organiser to get in touch with the authorities.Doubt anyone in Britain has ever thought of doing it and doubt it would be H+S that turn it down.More to do with the amount of traffic and chaos caused.Fact is in a few places in Poland speedway is fairly important.Not sure you can say that about Britain.

Why?Looks like the place was cordoned off to traffic,so down to the organiser to get in touch with the authorities.Doubt anyone in Britain has ever thought of doing it and doubt it would be H+S that turn it down.More to do with the amount of traffic and chaos caused.Fact is in a few places in Poland speedway is fairly important.Not sure you can say that about Britain.

you can't even start a bike in this county without someone complaining , the pole who I mechaniced for has his own track the back of his house and nobody cares and they have bbq's at frozen lakes in the winter and make tracks on them Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE

you can't even start a bike in this county without someone complaining , the pole who I mechaniced for has his own track the back of his house and nobody cares and they have bbq's at frozen lakes in the winter and make tracks on them

They race on frozen lakes in Germany as well.......on the few occasions in recent times when it has been cold enough.But you get all those blokes out in summer with their loud Harley's or even those bloody quads riding through towns and cities.Tbh it is ridiculous how loud some of these things are.So i honestly doubt if someone wanted to get things done,it wouldn't be impossible to organise.Big trouble in the UK is first i doubt anyone has had the idea and hardly anyone has the right contacts to get things done.....

Wouldn't mind betting that something like this could be organised during the Isle of Man tt week etc,but who wants to?

Have also seen one German rider saying "only in poland,culdn't do it any where else",which is also crap.Edit:Sorry wasn't a rider,but a riders dad.Which is just as bad as he is involved in promoting the sport at one track....

Just in Hamburg they close down the motorway twice a year.Once for a big parade of bikes after a mass at one of the main churches in hamburg.And then for a parade of bikes after the Harley Days weekend.If you are willing to get out and organise something,it is possible to achieve.Better though to just blame H+S or someone else

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jsRt1C3yJY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=To55XpJSVVM

Edited by iris123

A couple of weeks ago we had an event around The Magic Roundabout, which is 1 large roundabout with 5 or 6 roundabouts around the outside of it, in Swindon where they shut the roundabout to traffic. I think it may have been car drifting, all I know was that there were lots of complaints because it was taking place very early in the morning which woke a lot of people up.

They race on frozen lakes in Germany as well.......on the few occasions in recent times when it has been cold enough.But you get all those blokes out in summer with their loud Harley's or even those bloody quads riding through towns and cities.Tbh it is ridiculous how loud some of these things are.So i honestly doubt if someone wanted to get things done,it wouldn't be impossible to organise.Big trouble in the UK is first i doubt anyone has had the idea and hardly anyone has the right contacts to get things done.....

Wouldn't mind betting that something like this could be organised during the Isle of Man tt week etc,but who wants to?

Have also seen one German rider saying "only in poland,culdn't do it any where else",which is also crap.

Just in Hamburg they close down the motorway twice a year.Once for a big parade of bikes after a mass at one of the main churches in hamburg.And then for a parade of bikes after the Harley Days weekend.If you are willing to get out and organise something,it is possible to achieve.Better though to just blame H+S or someone else

your missing the point slightly , nobody is interested in organised crap we just want to have fun on wheels whenever and wherever we like , there is some woods by me where loads of lads rode our mx bikes but now no one can ride there , when I was in Czech a couple of years ago there were kids everywhere on fields and round lakes on mx bikes it was refreshing to see , I have bikes but have to travel to use them , I live 3 miles from a speedway track but I can't just turn up ride my speedway bikes whenever I feel like it but you can in poland

Yes, let's do away with H&S and all do-gooders. Let's let people die at work and let their kids ruin everyone else's peace so they can have their fun.

There's a simple reason why this can happen in Poland but not here and it's got sod all to do with H&S - it's all about money.

Edited by rmc

your missing the point slightly , nobody is interested in organised crap we just want to have fun on wheels whenever and wherever we like , there is some woods by me where loads of lads rode our mx bikes but now no one can ride there , when I was in Czech a couple of years ago there were kids everywhere on fields and round lakes on mx bikes it was refreshing to see , I have bikes but have to travel to use them , I live 3 miles from a speedway track but I can't just turn up ride my speedway bikes whenever I feel like it but you can in poland

You seem to be missing the point.That looks organised and i bet it was.They didn't just turn up unexpected and ride round did they? But even if they did,so could you do that sort of thing in any country.Just turn up,stop the traffic and ride round for a minute then bugger off before the cops get there.Nothing to do with H+S.Just like kids used to ride round Mitcham Common on trials bikes.Was a fairly common(excuse the pun) problem near where i used to live......

Edited by iris123

You seem to be missing the point.That looks organised and i bet it was.They didn't just turn up unexpected and ride round did they? But even if they did,so could you do that sort of thing in any country.Just turn up,stop the traffic and ride round for a minute then bugger off before the cops get there.Nothing to do with H+S.Just like kids used to ride round Mitcham Common on trials bikes.Was a fairly common(excuse the pun) problem near where i used to live......

yes the original video was organised by red bull, but in general they want to ride in a field ,they ride , they want to ride on a lake , they ride and nobody says a thing , I want to ride my bikes and I have to travel half the country and then can't start them till a certain time and then can't ride in the pits , it's all h&s crap and I firmly believe as someone who has had the misfortune to have work with Tata steel that H&S was a big factor in why they are in the trouble they are in ,H&S is killing this country
  • Like 2