British Speedway Forum
Shale Searcher

Leicester Lions V Kings Lynn Stars, Now @ 7:30 Sat 22nd October 2016

That is too late and not valid. T&C s need to be in a place where they can be seen or told to the purchaser before the entrance fee is paid over, not on the ticket or in the prog.

Many of these owners need to learn the law of contract.

I think they probably do have a good understanding of it. Highly useful, to help them prevent customers from being too knowledgeable.

:lol: Probably got more chance of getting my money back from him :wink:

A few days ago i saw a report somewhere, that the LE4 postcode area is the country's highest for people being victims of scams. I just couldn't help thinking about the possible reasons or sources!!

Next Sunday they stage the British Youth Championship which is superb value for the £10 admission, as it's always such a good meeting to watch.

That's where the good bit ends, because every club that have already staged a round charged £5 admission, so why are this lot charging double. Another case of biting the hands that feed you, so I shall miss my first round of the season through their greediness.

• Like 1

Next Sunday they stage the British Youth Championship which is superb value for the £10 admission, as it's always such a good meeting to watch.

That's where the good bit ends, because every club that have already staged a round charged £5 admission, so why are this lot charging double. Another case of biting the hands that feed you, so I shall miss my first round of the season through their greediness.

Yes several lions fans I know are giving it a miss at double the normal price.

I remember a couple of years ago it was £5 and a good crowd.

shame on them who are want to charge £10

They got away with £7 last year when everywhere else was £5 so I guess they thought they'd ramp it up a bit more this time. Another - 1 from me.

They really are fools to themselves, they'll soon have no one going through the turnstiles, then where they get their money for flash cars with personalised number plates.

Any body received their refunds from the previous meeting yet?

• Like 1

They really are fools to themselves, they'll soon have no one going through the turnstiles, then where they get their money for flash cars with personalised number plates.

Any body received their refunds from the previous meeting yet?

I was emailed back(Linda Jones) and the cheques are being posted next week.

I was emailed back(Linda Jones) and the cheques are being posted next week.

Lets hope they remember to sign them!!

Off to Peterborough shortly for a 2nd Day of top class entertainment.

Lets hope they remember to sign them!!

Off to Peterborough shortly for a 2nd Day of top class entertainment.

With you on that.Chiquito's for breakfast,then more great speedway from the PL boys hopefully.

Wow, they must have a big stack of cheque books then.

I thought the "cheques in the post" excuse stopped fooling people years ago.

Yes several lions fans I know are giving it a miss at double the normal price.

I remember a couple of years ago it was £5 and a good crowd.

shame on them who are want to charge £10

£10 is nothing for a meeting..........Jeez,what do you want?....you would be over the moon if you could get in to a league match at that price!

£10 is nothing for a meeting..........Jeez,what do you want?....you would be over the moon if you could get in to a league match at that price!

If you read my post properly, I did say it's superb value for £10 admission.

The point I was making is why should Leicester charge double what any other staging club has, what makes them so special?

But hey, not's let fall out over it, I hope that everybody that goes has a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon, which I know they will, and I'm sure you will too.

If it was a league match yes and if all other tracks were charging the same but it's double the price.

rain-off cheques arrived yet?

I bet the top U15s don't even earn a fraction* of what the Leicester Lions riders do though!

*technically they do but hopefully you all know what I mean

What does all the money actually go on? I didn't think that the youth classes could be paid prize money as such? (spares van vouchers perhaps) but what else?

First aid fair enough but are the clubs actually trying to profiteer out of the youth rounds? Do the refs charge their exorbitant fee's? Do the organisers want a new thesaurus as well?

Surely with a bspa contribution and a gesture of goodwill from the clubs, a requested but not compulsory donation of £5 would be adequate.