British Speedway Forum
Shale Searcher

Leicester Lions V Kings Lynn Stars, Now @ 7:30 Sat 22nd October 2016

Never mind the refund what's the re staging date any ideas ??

Never mind the refund what's the re staging date any ideas ??

No idea Haza I'm afraid, I'm not the slightest bit interested. I just want my money back in the same way that some others have.

No idea Haza I'm afraid, I'm not the slightest bit interested. I just want my money back in the same way that some others have.

Possible scenario is that if they've become financially insolvent, they're no longer allowed to write cheques

That might be the case Hamish McRaker, and if that is so, then they should return our tickets. At the moment, they are holding onto something that I have paid them for, and that in itself is illegal, as confirmed by my solicitor.

Last night I learnt of another nine people that are in the same boat as me.

That might be the case Hamish McRaker, and if that is so, then they should return our tickets. At the moment, they are holding onto something that I have paid them for, and that in itself is illegal, as confirmed by my solicitor.

Can't believe they have paid some and not others.I feel i have been very lucky to get my refund now.

i hope you and all the others that haven't received their refunds do so soon.

Absolutely, it's surely a case of what is considered to be a reasonable time for a refund to be processed. If you were alone in that situation, they could perhaps justify the delay on the grounds of an admin oversight, but if there's 10+ of you......

Have you tried contacting the BSPA?

Absolutely, it's surely a case of what is considered to be a reasonable time for a refund to be processed. If you were alone in that situation, they could perhaps justify the delay on the grounds of an admin oversight, but if there's 10+ of you......

Have you tried contacting the BSPA?

No mate, I've gone much higher than that now, and at the moment can't elaborate.

No mate, I've gone much higher than that now, and at the moment can't elaborate.

Getting bored now....nobody cares anymore!

I still have hold of my tickets. Was going to go to the meeting against Poole tonight, but that's been called off and put on Bank Holiday Monday evening when Peterborough are racing against Redcar, so I'll be at that instead. So, it's either I have to hold out and go to our rearranged meeting (whenever that's going to be?!) or write to the club with the tickets in order to get my money back, but now having seen that a few people have sent their tickets back and not received anything yet, it's making me think twice about doing that... :unsure:

I still have mine too and was going to the rerun but ...... think we best ask Buster Emma .....

Edited by Trees

Getting bored now....nobody cares anymore!

Yes, that's the problem ~ that nobody cares any more. Pay for a Speedway match, don't see one but have difficulty getting a refund. Nice attitude to have.

.......em1500uk..........So, it's either I have to hold out and go to our rearranged meeting (whenever that's going to be?!)

Saturday September 10th 7.30pm.

Edited by Gemini

Can't do the 10th. Off on a chartered steam tour from Norwich to Chester, already paid for. Looks like I will have to attempt to get my money back now. Bloody marvellous. I said any Saturday bar the 10th and then they go and put it on that date. Just knew that would happen. So people...who do I write to? Dare I write to Leicester if many others have not got their money back?

If you do dare to write to them, don't forget friendly postmaster, video putting it in envelope, recorded delivery, video paying and handing it over. Worked for tellboy.

Alternatively ask Mimmo what he suggests :wink:

• Like 1

I didn't know what tellboy had done - not been on here for weeks! I suppose video and photographic evidence plus recorded delivery and taking a colour copy of the tickets is all I can do. If I don't get my money, well, I won't go to Leicester ever again purely on principle. They can't take my money and keep it for something that I have not seen! That's just not on.

If you do dare to write to them, don't forget friendly postmaster, video putting it in envelope, recorded delivery, video paying and handing it over. Worked for tellboy.

Alternatively ask Mimmo what he suggests :wink:

Perhaps swap it with someone who is going?

I'm not condoning trying to get your money back, but if a friend is going, it's a lot easier, and less hassle...

Just saying..