British Speedway Forum
Shale Searcher

Leicester Lions V Kings Lynn Stars, Now @ 7:30 Sat 22nd October 2016

I'm a bit concerned that meeting hasn't been mentioned in the news section of the KL website. Is there anybody close to the track that can issue a current weather report?

persistant rain 6 miles from the track

Having had a look around the various web sites I suspect that it will be Masters at no3 for King's Lynn and not Harris as reported in the Leicester Mercury. (see my previous post for teams)

It certainly won't be Chris Harris, he's on GP duty!

persistant rain 6 miles from the track

The amount of heavy rain they need a update now for KL fans thinking of travelling

• Like 1

It's a full Lions team as far as I know....

Definitely no Summers, he's riding for Glasgow.As he's at no.2 it will have to be R/R, but there is only Lindgren below him in the averages so presume reserves will have to take all his rides. So if Wozniak doesn't ride they will have to use a guest.

King's Lynn: 1 Michael Palm-Toft, 2 Robert Lambert, 3 Chris Harris 4, Kai Huckenbeck, 5 Troy Batchelor, 6 Robert Branford, 7 Carl Wilkinson.

Typical Leicester Mercury. I wonder which bright spark they got the information from that Chris Harris would be riding. :lol:

Anyway the good news is that the rain has stopped now so hopefully that's it. Nice bit of moisture in the track that Batchelor will love. :P

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 1

Typical Leicester Mercury. I wonder which bright spark they got the information from that Chris Harris would be riding. :lol:

I thought Chris Harris (G) was his new name ....

The 'G' standing for Gating Tart I presume.

Tonights meeting is OFF

Thanks Mimmo. Not surprised as I just logged on to say it's raining again. :neutral:

and a good 15 minutes after Mimmo posted it and Nicolai Klindt tweeted it was off King's Lynn tweeted the Stars were going to restore some pride at Leicester tonight.....maybe they have jet skis :P

Seriously in this day and age how out of touch can a club be :shock::sad:

• Like 1

It's still on according to the Leicester website too.

Dont expect Nicolai Klindt to ride then :D:P

It's appalling the lack of thought for fans. Both clubs failing to tell fans it's off as quickly as possible. How long does it take to send a tweet? Was called off well before one, so if hotels had been booked they could have been cancelled but at nearly half past one neither club have told fans it's off. If they are going to employ firms to do their PR for them at least get ones who are efficient and competent. Rant over.

Edited by Star Lady
  • Like 2

And the BSPA website ;)

Announced on Lions facebook page at 12.59 that it was off . But your right still doesn't say it on website.

I know, the rain band has stalled!! If you look at the hi res rainfall radar, you'll see that if it had limped another 25 miles south east, we'd be out of the rain now and it would of been sunshine all the way!!

Now got to see if it can limp south east a bit sharpish, and be gone by 12 noon as I said originally........

Bloody weather, this is why club's need track covers!! It will stop raining, and had the track been covered, their would be absolutely 100% chance of racing tonight..

Please,please,please,please,please,please,please,please,please,please,please,do not post weather forecasts on this forum.....you are a worst forecaster than Michael Fish!

Just stick to your boring topics in future.