Newcastle Diamonds

1. Steve Worrall
2. Victor Palovaara
3. Matej Kus
4. Ludvig Lindgren
5. Robert Lambert
6. Lewis Rose
7. Danny Phillips

Sheffield's injured pair (Josh and Jason) and Newcastles usual unavailability issues will mean some changes for this 2nd leg match which dare I suggest is all over bar the shouting the Diamonds won the 1st leg 62-28. But the fixture has to be fulfilled. Sheffield may just hit 12 5-1s giving themselves a chance in the last 3 heats :shock: wish there was a flying pig emoticon!!

Can't remember if it's Fisher or Wolbert (!), but one of them was announced as guest by Roy last night for Steve (riding for Belle Vue).

Roy announced Fisher, but I read somewhere today Wolbert so who knows

Roy announced Fisher, but I read somewhere today Wolbert so who knows

That could have been me on the other thread! Getting my Edinburgh riders mixed up!

That could have been me on the other thread! Getting my Edinburgh riders mixed up!

You making mistakes & admitting them Steve in the same sentence, WOW I never thought I'd see the day LOL!!

• Like 1

This meeting is a dead duck.

Would have normally gone.... but after Sunday's first leg it isn't worth bothering

Would have normally gone.... but after Sunday's first leg it isn't worth bothering

Don't be to sure, I remember in 2010 we beat Sheffield 59-31 at Armadale and then went to Sheffield the following week and they beat us 61-31 :o , so never say never

A couple of years back, I think Sheffield gave us a right pummelling, (the night of the proper storm),,, then we had to beat them by about 30 in the return and we obliged,,,

• Like 2

Don't be to sure, I remember in 2010 we beat Sheffield 59-31 at Armadale and then went to Sheffield the following week and they beat us 61-31 :o , so never say never

One of the great nights at Owlerton in recent times, think Edinburgh had won at Owlerton earlier that season as well. The team that night rode out of their skins and was just one of those nights that everything went right. Don't think this team is capable of those exploits as we don't have enough depth in the team especially in the reserves. Would be nice to put a decent display in on Thursday after that horror show on Sunday.

We should have enough of a lead, but anything can happen on the night.

It's a pity Jason Garrity isn't fit. His races against Robert Lambert the last time we were there were worth the admission alone.

• Like 1

You're right about that, those two were really up for it and everybody was on their toes during those races. As for Thursday it depends on what mood the Sheffield riders are in, could be that you will beat us here as well! If Bates is riding anything could happen, and I mean 'anything'.

SHEFFIELD: Simon Stead, Dimitri Berge, Josh Bates, Jason Garrity R/R, Kyle Howarth, Arthur Sissis, Nathan Greaves.

NEWCASTLE: Ryan Fisher, Victor Palovaara, Matej Kus, Ludvig Lindgren, Robert Lambert, Lewis Rose, Danny Phillips.

3 More of us decided it was a no go...

Sounds like there'll be tumble weed blowing along the terraces at Owlerton tonight!

• Like 1

Me and my dad are going, after all there ain't that many meetings nowadays!

66-24 probably,,, :oops:

• Like 2