British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TonyE

Lakeside V Swindon - 22 July

Here endeth the dreadful week for the Robins.

Surely they can't bounce back from this can they?

Standard home win for the Hammers.

Will need to pick up big time Steve & with 3 at home & 6 away it can be done?.

I doubt it myself but happy to be proved wrong as it would be nice to win a play off meeting again.

• Like 1

Will need to pick up big time Steve & with 3 at home & 6 away it can be done?.

I doubt it myself but happy to be proved wrong as it would be nice to win a play off meeting again.

Will need a quick fight back after the WC with a couple of away wins.

I'm surprised at the week the Robins have had but I'm sure you will all be hoping for much better.

Rosco surely must shoulder the responsibility for the result, Danny Ayres no way ready to ride EL - although I don't know whatthe rules are that had him guesting, poor guy wouldn't have enjoyed that.

However, Swindon for the playoffs.

• Like 1

Rosco surely must shoulder the responsibility for the result, Danny Ayres no way ready to ride EL - although I don't know whatthe rules are that had him guesting, poor guy wouldn't have enjoyed that.

However, Swindon for the playoffs.

Rosco has a shocking record for picking quests unless it's Hans & Doyley.

I don't know the rules but surely we could've got better guests than Pedelbike, Branford & Ayres.

Good old agent Pedersen.

• Like 1

Really hope a video of Heat 1 makes it on to the SpeedwayGB website - one of the best races I have ever seen at Arena.

What a complete joke. 2 very experienced EL riders allowed to guest for EDR's

Horrendous if this is allowed to happen, the whole integrity of the EDR system destroyed

What integrity would that be or have I missed something? :shock:

• Like 1

An excellent meeting tonight with some cracking racing from both teams. It exceeded my expectations for sure!

I really thought the Robins were going to lose this by a lot more tonight so credit to Jason, Nick and super guest Robbo for keeping the score respectable.

Thanks to Bryn for his weather updates although I didn't go in the end - having been at the shambles at Kings Lynn on Wednesday & with the BBC forecast predicting slow moving thundery showers in the Grays area that was enough to put me off. Instead I went to watch the other half of the Robins team at the Oak Tree arena Somerset where Rohan Tungate recorded a 15 pt maximum. He goes like a bat out of hell round there pity he's more like an asthmatic sparrow round Blunsdon...

Bad week for Rosco's Roobins - play off chances severely damaged...

• Like 1

Thanks to some unprofessional throwing away of points by needless falls and exclusions Lakeside made heavy weather of this in the early stages, and the score was closer than it should have been but fortunately some great stuff from AJ, Kim, and especially Ed steadied the ship and saw the Hammers home comfortably in the finish, against a Swindon side that apart from Robbo and Doyley never really looked up for it.

FOR LAKESIDE

AJ - A routine day at the office for paid 13.

Ed- Star of the Show. His race long heat 1 duel with Doyley, which he won after much passing and re-passing was the race of the night and one of the best of the season, closely followed by a great heat 15 cut back off bend 4 to take point from Morris on the line.

Rich- After a cracking start to the season he has become a little erratic. Beat Doyle in one race then forced to last place by Robbo in the next..

Lewis B. Lew's problem is that Team Rebolution are trying different things all the time on the Jawas. One week he is given a rocket, the next week it is a lawnmower. Seemed like the lawnmower this week . No lack of effort by the rider, but the bike wasn't doing the job.

Kim-. Looking very professional these days. Good show at No5

Mearcat -Still struggling

Lewis K. - Trying too hard again. Breaking the tapes and 2 falls, cost the team valuable points.

FOR SWINDON

Doyley- Good bloke, good rider, and did a good job on a super fast bike.

Sedgie-I like Justin and it was good to see him back at Lakeside again but he seems to have been having a bit of a bad run lately which continued tonight.

Nick- Good rider and did an OK sort of job but doesn't seem to quite have the edge he had last year

Bjarne- Either Matt Ford gave him a dropsie to try to keep Swindon out of the play offs or he is past his sell by date but he was a pale shadow of the GP rider he once was. So glad Lakeside chose Bridger instead of Bjarne. Retirement must be looming. Looks uncomfortable on the bike now and well off the pace of all but the EDR riders.

Robbo- What can I say ? You give Robbo a bit of dirt round the outside and he becomes Mr Entertainment. Words can't express the way he just made every race he was in come alive. Big score well deserved for one of the nicest guys in Speedwáy . I really enjoyed watching him and so it seems did everyone else. Great stuff.

Danny- Did his best and showed some spirit, and you can't ask more from an NL/PL standard rider. Not fast enough for the top league but wasn't disgraced.

Edited by Daytripper

An excellent meeting tonight with some cracking racing from both teams. It exceeded my expectations for sure!

Agreed :approve:.......only it didn't exceed my expectations. Seen some cracking speedway at Lakeside in the past and this was no exception.

Very rare that heat 1 is an outstanding race but this one most certainly was. Star of the show for me was Robson. On a track that suited him down to the ground he was excellent value.

Only criticism was another club that charges full price for an insert :angry:

• Like 1

If Team Revolution are trying different things then let's hope they settle on something soon for Lewis' sake because it looked as though he suddenly lost power on turn 4 when he was flying.

Agree about Robbo. He even did well from 15 metres. Great to watch even if it's for the other side.

PS compliments to the interviewer for getting more from Richard than the usual TV blandness. We had his recent marriage, where he lives between Purfleet and Glasgow and even his new engine he bought from AJ. and its suitability on both tracks. It might not be Newsnight but it's a bloody sight better than "I've made some changes so let's see how it goes" :lol:

• Like 1

I thought Lewis Kerr had quit Team Revolution or was it lewis Bridger you were talking about?