British Speedway Forum

Looking very bleak for the Bees now :neutral:

• Like 1

Haven't seen any pictures of vandalism - can't see much of a problem reinstalling fixtures & fittings, although Armco will take a bit of work. Rye House looks in a worse state than Coventry ATM

Haven't seen any pictures of vandalism - can't see much of a problem reinstalling fixtures & fittings, although Armco will take a bit of work. Rye House looks in a worse state than Coventry ATM

Excatly, not all is lost.

Let's hope this mess can get sorted. Maybe a gofundme page can be set of to raise a little amount of money to go towards repairs.

Brandon may have been run down recently but it was still the best stadium in the league before the NSS was built.

• Like 2

No comparison may look bad at Rye but big things are happening every day and everything looks good (including the team) - wish I could say the same thing for Cov where fixtures and fittings seem to have been deliberately destroyed to prevent them being used

Some people seem to suggest the local papers are a bit behind and there is work (well welding anyway) going on there today. I know there are contractors ready to start in the new year. No statement from anyone confirming anything though so it's a case of what and see on that!

despite all the doom and gloom, I'm waiting until the keys get handed over to the speedway promotion, then and only then will the picture become clearer.

• Like 3

No comparison may look bad at Rye but big things are happening every day and everything looks good (including the team) - wish I could say the same thing for Cov where fixtures and fittings seem to have been deliberately destroyed to prevent them being used

Have the fixtures & fittings been DESTROYED? - have heard stories, but not seen any pictures!

I'm sure House will be ready for the start of the season & will be supporting them home & away once again

Brandon may have been run down recently but it was still the best stadium in the league before the NSS was built.

Sshh, you'll wake Starman up saying stuff like that!

There seemed to be quite a bit of damage shown in pictures a few weeks ago of the inside of the bars etc but nothing like these pictures are showing.

It does seem stupid to cause this much damage, only to have to repair it and say it will be fixed before March.

I have read all various official comments and reports and just viewed the photos taken by Coventry Times. In my personal opinion the stadium could be made useable for speedway racing only with a minimal amount of money (approx £50k), which would involve temporary floodlights and the all indoor facilities remaining closed.

However the stadium won't be pretty and can imagine the atmosphere would be affected so the promters would have to expect a knock on effect with the crowds. If they want to run stock cars also then the expense for the Armco to be restored would be prohibitive, and besides I see no reason why Sandhu would be bothered as he can easily run his events at other stadiums, including king's Lynn, Buxton and skegness.

With regards to Brandon estates they seem to be sensible business people who are following the proper procedures so I don't think any blame can be put on them.

Interesting times ahead but feel one way or another speedway will run there for at least one more year.

• Like 1

If they want to run stock cars also then the expense for the Armco to be restored would be prohibitive, and besides I see no reason why Sandhu would be bothered as he can easily run his events at other stadiums, including king's Lynn, Buxton and skegness.

With regards to Brandon estates they seem to be sensible business people who are following the proper procedures so I don't think any blame can be put on them.

Interesting times ahead but feel one way or another speedway will run there for at least one more year.

After what has happened at Brandon, wouldn't it be nice if the Kings Lynn and Buxton promotions refused stoxs.

• Like 1